Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 07-14-2012, 03:40 AM   #1
H I Mcdonough
Minors (Triple A)

AI Lineups

I've searched around a little on the boards here, and I know others have had this same issue, but I couldn't find what I was looking for as far as a fix.

I am running a historical replay of MLB, and time and time again, the AI refuses to start star players, relegating them to back up roles. Current examples: Joe Dimaggio, a 5-star 28 year old in 1943, and the fourth outfielder? The Yankees starting outfield consists of Charlie Keller, who has turned into a very good 4-star player, and two other 2-star guys. What gives? I have tried to act as GM and set the lineups, but they always revert. I have played with DiMaggio's ratings to make him even more amazingly talented, and he still cannot crack the starting 9. When he has played, he has played at a high level. In past years, I had to trade some lesser outfielders away and that bought him some playing time. But, here the problem is yet again.

Another example: In this past off-season, the Yankees acquired Jimmie Foxx from the Phillies. Though he's 36, he's still a 4+ star player, a career .320 hitter with 476 home runs. He started at catcher the entire first half of 1943, and led the team in all 3 triple crown categories. At the AS break, he was inexplicably demoted, and is now behind a 2-star catcher hitting .250.

There have been other players on other teams in the past, but these are the two most egregious examples right now. Is there any way to fix this short of assigning every lineup to every team before every game? Because, honestly, this glitch is really ruining the game for me.
H I Mcdonough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by H I Mcdonough View Post
I've searched around a little on the boards here, and I know others have had this same issue, but I couldn't find what I was looking for as far as a fix.

I am running a historical replay of MLB, and time and time again, the AI refuses to start star players, relegating them to back up roles. Current examples: Joe Dimaggio, a 5-star 28 year old in 1943, and the fourth outfielder? The Yankees starting outfield consists of Charlie Keller, who has turned into a very good 4-star player, and two other 2-star guys. What gives? I have tried to act as GM and set the lineups, but they always revert. I have played with DiMaggio's ratings to make him even more amazingly talented, and he still cannot crack the starting 9. When he has played, he has played at a high level. In past years, I had to trade some lesser outfielders away and that bought him some playing time. But, here the problem is yet again.

Another example: In this past off-season, the Yankees acquired Jimmie Foxx from the Phillies. Though he's 36, he's still a 4+ star player, a career .320 hitter with 476 home runs. He started at catcher the entire first half of 1943, and led the team in all 3 triple crown categories. At the AS break, he was inexplicably demoted, and is now behind a 2-star catcher hitting .250.

There have been other players on other teams in the past, but these are the two most egregious examples right now. Is there any way to fix this short of assigning every lineup to every team before every game? Because, honestly, this glitch is really ruining the game for me.
Under GM options you have it so you set all lineups? Then in the lineup screen you have him in the lineup? Is there anything in the 7 day lineups or under player strategy that has someone else force starting?

I have heard of others having this issue, I personally never have.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
H I Mcdonough
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah, if I assign myself as GM and do it that way, then I can mainly keep this sort of thing from happening. But I don't want to be GM of the Yankees, or anybody else. For the most part, I'm just sitting back and watching the replay. The only time I step in is when I see weird stuff like this happen. But short of becoming the GM of the Yankees - or any other team that develops these weird habits - I can't figure out how to fix it. I don't understand how the computer thinks that a couple of 2-star guys who are inferior to Joe D by almost every measure and rating in the game are starting in stead of him. The only other thing I can try, as far as I can think of, is to force a trade and send DiMaggio somewhere, but I really don't want to interfere that much and it really doesn't seem like it should be necessary. I was just hopeful there was a fix for this, or some magical setting that I didn't know about that would prevent this from happening.
H I Mcdonough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by H I Mcdonough View Post
Yeah, if I assign myself as GM and do it that way, then I can mainly keep this sort of thing from happening. But I don't want to be GM of the Yankees, or anybody else. For the most part, I'm just sitting back and watching the replay. The only time I step in is when I see weird stuff like this happen. But short of becoming the GM of the Yankees - or any other team that develops these weird habits - I can't figure out how to fix it. I don't understand how the computer thinks that a couple of 2-star guys who are inferior to Joe D by almost every measure and rating in the game are starting in stead of him. The only other thing I can try, as far as I can think of, is to force a trade and send DiMaggio somewhere, but I really don't want to interfere that much and it really doesn't seem like it should be necessary. I was just hopeful there was a fix for this, or some magical setting that I didn't know about that would prevent this from happening.
Who else is in the Yankees OF that makes them sit DiMaggio and how are they rated compared to him? What season was this?
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote