Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 12-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #41
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Question, Gambo or Spritze...

I'm trying to start up a historical session using the opening day rosters from 2003 or 2004, meaning Kazmir in the Mets farm system, not thrown away as in real life. Can you please tell me how to do this? I'm usually very good at figuring stuff like this out, but I just can't in this situation
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #42
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Simply download the database and put it in your stats folder, overwriting the files that are there (or use a different folder) and choose a neutralized historical season using the .odb create your season from 2002 to 2004. Any of those years will have Kazmir start in the Mets minors.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:36 AM   #43
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
Simply download the database and put it in your stats folder, overwriting the files that are there (or use a different folder) and choose a neutralized historical season using the .odb create your season from 2002 to 2004. Any of those years will have Kazmir start in the Mets minors.
I've tried that, and it hasn't worked.

I've pointed it to your database, then started a historical season (2003 and 2004), and ... it just creates a whole bunch of fake teams and fake players. No Kazmir or Wright.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:33 PM   #44
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

I started a historical league with this database and realized by 1905 that Addie Joss wasn't in the league, nor retired either...any ideas why?
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #45
redeck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Kind of a NOOB here guys, and have only had OOTP11 for a day. Played OOTP8 a few years ago, but the rust wont shake off. So i have 2 questions
1 how do i point to different databases? I cant find anything anywhere in game that lets me choose different paths for the data base.

2 I have been trying allnight to get my 1871 to show me 230+ players at creation using the gambospritz11DB v3 (?) i downloaded from padresfan. with zero luck I took the database and dropped it into the stats folder and copied over teh vanilla database. no juice, am still getting 115 players at creation. Im at wits end on this one guys can anyone help?
I saw plannines same problem but no assurance that he ever got it fixed. that being 8-9 months ago, and my download being a day ago, im sure i have the latest DB. I see your pick Gambo with the desired result, but how did you do it man?

thanks anyone who can help.
redeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:30 PM   #46
plannine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeck View Post
Kind of a NOOB here guys, and have only had OOTP11 for a day. Played OOTP8 a few years ago, but the rust wont shake off. So i have 2 questions
1 how do i point to different databases? I cant find anything anywhere in game that lets me choose different paths for the data base.

2 I have been trying allnight to get my 1871 to show me 230+ players at creation using the gambospritz11DB v3 (?) i downloaded from padresfan. with zero luck I took the database and dropped it into the stats folder and copied over teh vanilla database. no juice, am still getting 115 players at creation. Im at wits end on this one guys can anyone help?
I saw plannines same problem but no assurance that he ever got it fixed. that being 8-9 months ago, and my download being a day ago, im sure i have the latest DB. I see your pick Gambo with the desired result, but how did you do it man?

thanks anyone who can help.
With the Gambo DB, you need to use neutralized and not real stats for the initial import on the creation of the league.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #47
redeck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks plannine, i will try it again, almost sure i have that right though. but hey, who knows
Old 03-20-2011, 08:46 PM   #48
redeck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks one more time plannine, your answer didnt exactly fix my problem, but it made me think to the left some and I found what i was doing wrong (?) seems like there are alot of things that can go wrong when you try and create a game, lots of options......to many (?)
Old 03-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #49
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

I think the display changed in OOTP 11, I'm sure I searched it a little bit in the beginning. Click where the arrow is and that will open the usual menu

Like Plannine said you must use neutralized stats to get all the players.

Maybe it doesn't do a difference but I always use the master.csv file to create a league and not the historical_database.odb

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)

Last edited by AESP_pres; 03-20-2011 at 08:58 PM.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:35 PM   #50
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

If you start in 1871 it makes no nevermind if you use the odb or the master.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #51
redeck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

hey thanks AESP, i like pictures! I was using nuetral stats when i created the Leagu, but not through advanced settings, which i figured out lastnight, and that got me all the players. not sure why, but it worked. and now i know how to switch databases also from your post. I had just replaced vanilla Stats folder with the Gambospritz DB. so i guess i no longer have the vanilla DB, but thats ok, I cant see myself ever wanting to use it. I NEED to have my Negro Leaguers at the least in my Leagues and I want the japanese also, so Vanilla wont due.

Thanks again, and Im glad this post is up for future gen. players. as it is now a very clear expanation of howto......although I guess im the only one who couldnt figure it out in the last year or so................................................ ....yeah, fellin kinda dumber..

thanks guys!
Old 03-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #52
redeck
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey Spritze, you said it doesnt matter which file you point to if you start in 1871, good to know. When DOES it matter which one you point to?
Old 04-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #53
ShaneCarson
All Star Reserve

I tried starting a season in 2000 and noticed that Ichiro, Matsui and other Japanese players were already on the free agent list. Is there a way to make them appear as free agents in their actual debut seasons?
ShaneCarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #54
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeck View Post
Hey Spritze, you said it doesnt matter which file you point to if you start in 1871, good to know. When DOES it matter which one you point to?
The odb exists to make import of past stats quicker/work. So if you start in most any year but 1871 that is the one you will most likely need to use.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:45 PM   #55
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneCarson View Post
I tried starting a season in 2000 and noticed that Ichiro, Matsui and other Japanese players were already on the free agent list. Is there a way to make them appear as free agents in their actual debut seasons?
Major League debut = No, Professional Debut = Yes
Old 04-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #56
clamel
All Star Starter

Gambo will you update your DB with the latest 2010 season as in Spritze HS last version ???
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #57
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

The next version will have 2010 as it uses the same stats as Spritze, just arranged differently.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 04-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #58
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
The next version will have 2010 as it uses the same stats as Spritze, just arranged differently.
And will it be just for the new version OOTP12 or can one use it in OOTP11 ??
Old 04-21-2011, 12:30 AM   #59
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Can't really tell for certain yet until we see what changes may be made to the database in OOTP12. (Hopefully few if any)

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 04-22-2011, 06:55 AM   #60
clamel
All Star Starter

Using the odb file is just fine when starting the game.
The data is loaded in faster I guess.

But if I like to make adjustments (perhaps pitches or adding the odd player) can I change the yearly loading of new players to the master.csv instead.

What will be the result using the odb or the master.csv during the rest of your historical time.

I´m still a little uncertain about pitching stamina.
Shouldn´t you get better hsitorical results using the import on Imported season.
Take John Smoltz long and fine career. He was starter most of the time, but switched to closer for a few years with great success.
During those years he should have his stamina reduced which I hope will be the case with Imported Season instead of 3-y spam.

Last edited by clamel; 04-22-2011 at 06:58 AM.