Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 03-11-2010, 08:56 PM   #21
battists
Hall Of Famer

Guys, due to concerns about the impact of this mod on online leagues, I have temporarily taken this thread offline. I am talking to Lighthousekeeper about it offline.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #22
Stu
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Guys, due to concerns about the impact of this mod on online leagues, I have temporarily taken this thread offline. I am talking to Lighthousekeeper about it offline.
Thanks Steve. I think a simple fix would be to look for the online league flag in World.dat that Tony M mentioned and not run the program if it is an online league.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #23
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
What version of OOTP are you running this against? I can't get anything to display (apart from scouting) on 10.4.36
It was developed against 10.4.31 (I didn't even know there was a v36 out there). I'm not sure if the db structure changed from v31 to v36. If yes, then it is probably very buggy against v36.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #24
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safeathome View Post
Any way to get this to work on an Apple computer?
I'm not sure - it needs .net framework 3.5 to run. Not sure if macs can run taht.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #25
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
That's why neags23 when he used my decoding dll in his scouting tracker put in a test at the start to limit it to a single team if it was an online league.

In world.dat there is an online league flag and then you need to do some validity check against the team they say they are to verify their management and then restrict the program to that team only.
Can you PM me the world.dat structure (or pointer to the online league indicator byte). That would save me some time in implementing an online league checker.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #26
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Wow, was any consideration given to online leagues before developing and releasing it? I appreciate all the work done by modders but to release something like this is completely irresponsible.

I really hope the mods delete this thread.
My main focus is for solo leagues. I wanted a utility that could save a lot of the effort I had been manually doing each season such as preseason team ranking, player development tracking, etc.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #27
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

This looks amazing! I can't wait to use it it on my solo play league once the online league issues get cleared up!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:25 AM   #28
Safeathome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I, too, would like to know if there is anyway for this to work on a Mac! I would be very interested to use it and hope it can be utilized on a Mac as well.

In response to the above poster that believes this utility is irresponsible and ought to be removed by the mods I would ask the mods to not remove this thread just because the mod was not made for online leagues. Since OOTP is not a game that was made solely for online play, limiting the ability of people to develop and maintain their solo leagues the way they desire (which is what this utility does for solo leagues) should not be taken away.

Regardless of the impact of this utility to online leagues, deleting this thread because "consideration" was not given to online leagues before "developing and releasing it" would be a bad move because then either the OOTP product will be forging the future with a preference towards online gameplay OR it will create a scenario where only mods/utilities that are an advantage (or applicable) to both solo leagues as well as online leagues will be developed or, at least, allowed to be posted.

For example, by the same logic utilized above regarding the "need" to remove this thread - why wouldn't the StatsLab utility have to be removed since it is for online leagues only and one COULD argue (I don't, just pointing out a contrary point) that that utility should be removed because there was no consideration of solo leagues before creating a positive utility that only online leagues could utilize.......the point is that different people have different interests - some are interested more in online leagues while others are more interested in solo leagues.

It seems like Tony M. has answered this issue anyway in a previous post above - I would ask that those that prefer the online gameplay not try and control the solo play as well - if someone in your online leagues uses this utility to their advantage then maybe that is not the person you want in your league - or perhaps better measures should be taken to ensure that they do not have access to the information....OR online leagues could fully embrace it and everyone could be allowed to use it so then it wouldn't be an unfair advantage - and if everyone is using it then it will be harder to gain an "advantage" when everyone is going to be focusing on the same players based upon their talent/scouting....which is what is done anyway in leagues that use scouting with minor variations depending on the scout/budget.

Well, thats my two-cents...hope to hear this can be used on a Mac!
Safeathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #29
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

Well, Battists and the others have very valid concerns regarding online leagues, so I fully support their decision for taking the utility down. The utility makes it too easy to cheat in online leagues in a variety of ways (and you would never now who's cheating), which would in turn make playing in online leagues not as fun since there's always that spectre of potential cheating looming.

TonyM has provided me with some input that I can use to secure this up - hopefully I can get to it this weekend.

Last edited by lighthousekeeper; 03-12-2010 at 10:58 AM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #30
boshk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansterre View Post
Any way for this to work on a mac?
throw the mac away and buy a pc? that should solve it.
boshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #31
Stu
All Star Starter

Quote:
In response to the above poster that believes this utility is irresponsible and ought to be removed by the mods I would ask the mods to not remove this thread just because the mod was not made for online leagues. Since OOTP is not a game that was made solely for online play, limiting the ability of people to develop and maintain their solo leagues the way they desire (which is what this utility does for solo leagues) should not be taken away.

Regardless of the impact of this utility to online leagues, deleting this thread because "consideration" was not given to online leagues before "developing and releasing it" would be a bad move because then either the OOTP product will be forging the future with a preference towards online gameplay OR it will create a scenario where only mods/utilities that are an advantage (or applicable) to both solo leagues as well as online leagues will be developed or, at least, allowed to be posted.

For example, by the same logic utilized above regarding the "need" to remove this thread - why wouldn't the StatsLab utility have to be removed since it is for online leagues only and one COULD argue (I don't, just pointing out a contrary point) that that utility should be removed because there was no consideration of solo leagues before creating a positive utility that only online leagues could utilize.......the point is that different people have different interests - some are interested more in online leagues while others are more interested in solo leagues.

It seems like Tony M. has answered this issue anyway in a previous post above - I would ask that those that prefer the online gameplay not try and control the solo play as well - if someone in your online leagues uses this utility to their advantage then maybe that is not the person you want in your league - or perhaps better measures should be taken to ensure that they do not have access to the information....OR online leagues could fully embrace it and everyone could be allowed to use it so then it wouldn't be an unfair advantage - and if everyone is using it then it will be harder to gain an "advantage" when everyone is going to be focusing on the same players based upon their talent/scouting....which is what is done anyway in leagues that use scouting with minor variations depending on the scout/budget.

I think you missed my point. My point wasn't that this should be removed because it wasn't developed for online league use. The point is that this tool could be used to cheat in online leagues and nobody would know who was using it. There was no way to limit access to the information and no way to control or monitor its use. Its not just an issue of ratings, the utility would have allowed players to look at exactly what others teams were offering for contracts in Free Agency. I can't stress enough what kind of impact this would have had on the OOTP community. It would absolutely kill the credibility of online leagues.

Asking to delete the thread was, admittedly, a knee jerk reaction on my part but it was very important that this mod not be distributed in it's current form.

That being said, it sounds like lighthousekeeper is taking the necessary steps to prevent this from happening and I thank him for doing so.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #32
boshk
All Star Reserve

where can i download this, who cares about online leagues. i wanna check it out!
Old 03-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #33
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I, too, would like to know if there is anyway for this to work on a Mac! I would be very interested to use it and hope it can be utilized on a Mac as well.

Holy missed the point, Batman.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #34
boshk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
Holy missed the point, Batman.
not really. he makes very good points, except for the mac part.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:29 AM   #35
JRP
Major Leagues

You could try this to run it on a Mac.

Main Page - Mono
JRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #36
orwell
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshk View Post
where can i download this, who cares about online leagues. i wanna check it out!
I second that. I guess those of us who only play solo don't get a chance to try it out because of all the distrust. I wish I had seen this thread before it was shut down.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:39 AM   #37
mm7607
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
Well, Battists and the others have very valid concerns regarding online leagues, so I fully support their decision for taking the utility down. The utility makes it too easy to cheat in online leagues in a variety of ways (and you would never now who's cheating), which would in turn make playing in online leagues not as fun since there's always that spectre of potential cheating looming.

TonyM has provided me with some input that I can use to secure this up - hopefully I can get to it this weekend.

I couldn't care less for online leagues so why should I be banned from using this mod? If some jerk has to cheat in order to enjoy him self in online leagues then ban the jerk not the program.
mm7607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #38
lighthousekeeper
All Star Reserve

the modified version will be ready in a couple days and will work for solo leagues.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #39
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the update Lighthousekeeper (and all the work you've put in!), look forward to trying it out.
Simmo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #40
Ramzavail
All Star Reserve

thanks lhk. I look forward to fiddling with this.

Don't get mad at lhk, I think battists and lhk had every right to take this down. If you had read it, lhk was saying that you wouldn't be able to tell if the "cheater" used the program in an online league.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote