Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #21
puffin22308
Bat Boy

completely stupid

Ok, I am completely stupid and opened my 2009 major league game and followed the instructions - but I am doing something wrong, right? I needed to start a custom game?? not a 2009 major league.....I feel stupid here.
puffin22308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #22
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

You need to go to the stats folder (or wherever you put the database) and click on the master.csv file.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #23
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffin22308 View Post
Ok, I am completely stupid and opened my 2009 major league game and followed the instructions - but I am doing something wrong, right? I needed to start a custom game?? not a 2009 major league.....I feel stupid here.
The database is for custom leagues.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 06-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #24
Scoman
All Star Starter

Hello,I was wondering ,is the pre 1900 player age problem fixed with this data base?
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #25
Scoman
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoman View Post
Hello,I was wondering ,is the pre 1900 player age problem fixed with this data base?
well i guess not with this database also,some players are coming into the league in the 1870s at the age of 0.
Scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #26
icecake
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am sorry, but can someone teach me how to install this database?
thanks for the help
icecake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 05:37 PM   #27
TribeWarpath
Minors (Single A)

GAMBO,

Question for you. The other night I was trying to setup a 2003 league with history, but I got a runtime error at around 77% during the importing players screen. I was wondering if you could possibly test 2003 on your end whenever you have time and if it imports ok could you save the 2003 season with history as a template and e-mail the template to me at doxiejw85@aol.com. Not sure why 2003 won't load as I am able to load 1994, 1995, and 1999 (the only ones I have tried so far). Thanks in advance.
TribeWarpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 PM   #28
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeWarpath View Post
GAMBO,

Question for you. The other night I was trying to setup a 2003 league with history, but I got a runtime error at around 77% during the importing players screen. I was wondering if you could possibly test 2003 on your end whenever you have time and if it imports ok could you save the 2003 season with history as a template and e-mail the template to me at doxiejw85@aol.com. Not sure why 2003 won't load as I am able to load 1994, 1995, and 1999 (the only ones I have tried so far). Thanks in advance.
The reason Marcus went with the .odb database was partially due to these types of runtime errors. Essentially the larger the database the quicker it will eat up all your computer's resources. I will see if I can get 2003 to go but I know with last years database I could only get to 1999 with full history.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 06-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #29
pbar25
Major Leagues

I might be having an issue with the defensive ratings?

I'm running a historical sim with this database:
3 year recalc
3 year defensive ratings
adjust league strategy
import finances
league total modifiers
neutralized stats

Everything seems to be going well, outside of defensive ratings.
I just simmed 1903 to 1911. (1-10 ratings)
At the moment, Lee Tannehill's 9 range is the best in the league. Joe Tinker is 2nd with an 8. 2 guys have 7's. 4 guys have 6's.
Everybody else is 5 or less across all positions.
The highest outfield range in the league is a 6 by Wid Conroy.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:11 PM   #30
wqcoleman
Bat Boy

hi, I seem to be a noob here.. but can someone please give a step by step guide on how to create a MLB league with the Gambo stats? It's rather confusing..
wqcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:55 AM   #31
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbar25 View Post

3 year recalc
3 year defensive ratings
adjust league strategy
import finances
league total modifiers
neutralized stats

At the moment, Lee Tannehill's 9 range is the best in the league. Joe Tinker is 2nd with an 8. 2 guys have 7's. 4 guys have 6's.
There is a data issue with the master.csv included in the game. I know the pitcher data is incorrect but haven't heared anything in regards to the fielding stuff so I dont know if that is causing the problem.

I have gone ahead and fixed up the fielding files in my database (including stripping excess --- faster?) so that they better match the original fielding data. A previous version of the lahman used "NULL" in spots where data was not available. Over time these got switched to "0". In the in game database these spots are now blank. The game may be calling upon the fields which should be blank such as games started, innings, etc., seeing them a "0" and rating players accordingly as backups or worse than they are.

Hopefully, this will fix the fielding issue. However I will not know for certain until I get the chance to test it.

My current work on the database right now as I wait for the correct in game database to be released is to tweak the negro leaguers so they have a more realistic career progression. As of right now they will have the same stats (and therefore ratings) for their whole career. This will no longer be the case once I am done.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 06-13-2009, 09:24 PM   #32
phillosopherp
All Star Reserve

Quote:

3 year recalc
3 year defensive ratings
adjust league strategy
import finances
league total modifiers
neutralized stats

Hi I was part of the beta process and I believe that fielding in historicals was something where they actually recommended that you run with career fielding as they were planning on doing a revamp and just didn't have the time. I would recommend changing to the career fielding. You will see players able to play everywhere that they did IRL but that the position that they played most being the one with the main fielding rating.
phillosopherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:34 PM   #33
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
There is a data issue with the master.csv included in the game. I know the pitcher data is incorrect but haven't heared anything in regards to the fielding stuff so I dont know if that is causing the problem.

I have gone ahead and fixed up the fielding files in my database (including stripping excess --- faster?) so that they better match the original fielding data. A previous version of the lahman used "NULL" in spots where data was not available. Over time these got switched to "0". In the in game database these spots are now blank. The game may be calling upon the fields which should be blank such as games started, innings, etc., seeing them a "0" and rating players accordingly as backups or worse than they are.

Hopefully, this will fix the fielding issue. However I will not know for certain until I get the chance to test it.

My current work on the database right now as I wait for the correct in game database to be released is to tweak the negro leaguers so they have a more realistic career progression. As of right now they will have the same stats (and therefore ratings) for their whole career. This will no longer be the case once I am done.
I have gone ahead and done the fixes to the fielding file and the imports are ALOT better.

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 06-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #34
pbar25
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wqcoleman View Post
hi, I seem to be a noob here.. but can someone please give a step by step guide on how to create a MLB league with the Gambo stats? It's rather confusing..
1. Click on the top link in Gambo's signature
2. Click on the Database tab
3. Download Gambo's OOTPX database to your desktop
4. It will arrive in winrar/winzip type format. Create a new folder on your desktop and call it gambodownload. Extract all of the contents of the download into that folder.
4. Create a new folder within your C: directory. Call it Gambo.
5. Go to Start>My Documents>Out of the Park Developments>OOTP Baseball 10>Stats
Edit>Select All>Copy
6. Paste all into your new (empty) Gambo folder.
7. Go to gambodownload on your desktop. Select all, and drag all into your new Gambo folder. When asked whether or not you want to copy over files - Copy over them all.
8. Go to your new C:Gambo folder and open it.
Delete this file: historical_database.odb
9. The C:Gambo folder is your new database. You may delete the download and folder on your desktop, they are no longer needed.
10. Create a new game/Advanced mode
11. Add Historical Major League
12. Set the path along the top to C:Gambo
13. Select Master.csv or Master (MLB players only).csv (the Master.csv has the extra players)
14. Pick your year
15. Do not import the complete history
16. Base Current Ratings on Neutralized Stats
17. Base Potential Ratings on what you like
18. Base Fielding Ratings on Entire Career
19. Base Pitcher Stamina on Entire Career
20. Confirm then go to Options and make sure you have 3-year recalc selected. Pick whatever preferences you'd like after that and Start Game when you are done.
21. After you have started the game go to League Setup/Rules and confirm your database path is correct.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #35
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
15. Do not import the complete history
Is it only because of the memory problem that make the loading of the database almost impossible in the later year?
I'll upgrade my computer memory this week from 512 MB to 2.48 GB. I sure hope that it will make the league creation processus faster.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:56 PM   #36
codyg19
Major Leagues

Love the DB. Works great for me. One question though: is it possible for me to put a fictional player into your database that will be draft eligible when his year rolls around? I've tried already, and I can import the player from your database (after I've edited it) through the free agents screen, but when I sim to the draft of his supposed debut, he isn't in the draft field. I've checked the database path under the league setup and everything is good. Thanks for any help/guidance.

Last edited by codyg19; 06-14-2009 at 10:00 PM.
codyg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:16 PM   #37
pbar25
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo View Post
I have gone ahead and done the fixes to the fielding file and the imports are ALOT better.
Were you going to wait until the first patch to release your changes?

I have simmed 1903-1920 with the current database on Padres website.
Importing with full career fielding ratings has worked much better, thanks very much.

Just seeing issues on some of the negro league defensive ratings at 0 like you stated.

Overall, all pitcher's infield defensive ratings are extremely high - many with 7-9 across all infield defensive ratings including DP.
I don't mind because I go historical, but if used in a different way quite a few of them could become gold-glove caliber SS's if developed in the minors. Maybe that was the case though, and this provides for more historic fielding stats.

Last edited by pbar25; 06-16-2009 at 06:16 PM.
pbar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #38
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

I am waiting for the patch to come out to release the newest version of the database as I have a feeling I will have to update alot of the fielding/pitch ratings in the master file.

I have fixed most of the problems with the Negro Leagers you had noticed, much of this was simply a poor job transferring the data from the old master file to the new one.

I put in career fielding ratings for the negro leaguers and the rest of the minor leaguers so they will import at the right positions at what I hope are appropriate skill levels.

As for the pitcher infield ratings, I'll take a look at what your talking about, but those are straight from the data already in the database so I have a feeling that may be part of the supposed "revamp"

The only thing that I am a bit dissapointed in is that it appears in creating players it is calling on the Fielding.csv once again this year. I had gotten away with leaving that blank so players would not show any real historical fielding (the game pulling fielding information solely from the fielding2.csv). But this appears to no longer be the case. I have put in a 1 game at their primary position for their debut year in the fielding.csv file and it seems to solve most of the issues.

I will finish tweaking some stuff and run a couple of tests once the patch is out and it'll be good to go.

Any other issues that you guys see?

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 06-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #39
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyg19 View Post
Love the DB. Works great for me. One question though: is it possible for me to put a fictional player into your database that will be draft eligible when his year rolls around? I've tried already, and I can import the player from your database (after I've edited it) through the free agents screen, but when I sim to the draft of his supposed debut, he isn't in the draft field. I've checked the database path under the league setup and everything is good. Thanks for any help/guidance.
Do you have a debut year in the master.csv file for him?

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 06-17-2009, 11:12 PM   #40
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
Is it only because of the memory problem that make the loading of the database almost impossible in the later year?
I'll upgrade my computer memory this week from 512 MB to 2.48 GB. I sure hope that it will make the league creation processus faster.
It has to do with the page file on the computer. Since RAM has a small part to do with the size of your computers page file then it should help a bit. Just don't expect miracles. Let me know how far you get.

OOTP MODS:
available at...