Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 08-04-2008, 04:46 AM   #41
clamel
All Star Starter

And that did it. Thanks.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:59 AM   #42
Greatgrampa
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingDuck View Post
Paps, I can help you out here and would be happy to do so. I've been starting my league in '62 - you can apply the settings to whatever league you want. The only issue with the league - as I've stated - is the starter endurance levels aren't always - actually rarely - correct to the player's career status or performance.

Now, you can play this league with either the Lahman DB (which I don't want to do) or the Gambo DB. I haven't used the newest Gambo DB (which Padresfan just posted) but I want to give it a whirl.

Let me do that quick here a bit and see what goes on with the endurance levels. Then I'll create some screensnaps that will help you see what to do with your league! OK?
I want to publicly thank you for sending me the league as you have it setup. It will be a few days before I can really get to it and read all of your settings and why you have done that but I will get to it as soon as I can and get back to you with any further questions I have, if any.

Anyway, that is very nice of you to do that for me. That's the best thing about this sim, I believe, this forum and all of the nice people who are willing to go out of their way to help someone new or just someone stupid like myself.

So, thanks my friend for doing this for me. You will be hearing from me in the next couple of days, I hope, on how it is going for me setting up the league you have sent me. Oh, and by the way, I like the starting year you have in it!! Those are the years when I was young and really into baseball...so I like that starting year. Thanks again.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:45 AM   #43
SittingDuck
All Star Starter

Good for you. Just remember to have the Lahman base in the standard 'Stats' folder, just as it ships with the game. I am fairly sure you haven't done anything to that, so you should be OK. But just wanted to mention that...
SittingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 11:39 AM   #44
Silverbullet
Minors (Single A)

Extracting DB

I downloaded Gambo's DB, but I am not sure where to extract it to.
Please advise.
Thank you
Old 08-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #45
Aytumious
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
I downloaded Gambo's DB, but I am not sure where to extract it to.
Please advise.
Thank you
You can extract it anywhere. I usually just create a folder called "Gambo" in the OOTP folder in the "My Documents" directory. When creating a new historical league, just point to the master.csv file in that folder.
Aytumious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #46
SittingDuck
All Star Starter

And as I mentioned above, make sure you decide which one (master.csv) you want to go with, and rename appropriately.

D/L the converted doc file that I posted if you can't read docx files.

That should do it!
Old 08-04-2008, 06:31 PM   #47
Greatgrampa
Major Leagues

Quote:
Good for you. Just remember to have the Lahman base in the standard 'Stats' folder, just as it ships with the game. I am fairly sure you haven't done anything to that, so you should be OK. But just wanted to mention that...
Actually, I may have changed the Lahman dB as I have been using a different db than what came with the sim. I would think that it wouldn't matter which db I use, would it? I have the changed one in the standard Stats folder. I did make a backup of the one that came with the sim, of course, so I could change it back but I like the new db and would like to use that one.
Why wouldn't I be able to use that one?

Anyway, again, I thank you for your help.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #48
SittingDuck
All Star Starter

Actually, yes - it will. I just found this out. I had created a league that used the older Gambo DB, and it was located in a separate folder outside of the 'stats' folder (in the main OOTP directory). I then later deleted that old Gambo DB directory, since I had installed his new DB in my main 'stats' folder (having backed up my original DB stuff). Follow?

Good. Because when I booted up the old game that used that old Gambo directory, it stated it couldn't find the old historical DB. Ahhhh, I had deleted it, I realized.

Thus, if you want to use that league, then you'll have to DL the old Gambo DB and create a directory in your main OOTP directory (the one that has a ton of folders in it) named GamboDB. Do that and you'll be golden. Sorry, I just found out about this db issue.

Here's the link to the DB.
http://www.jazzrack.us/mods/ootpmods...77%20Ready.zip

Remember to rename the folder itself as I mentioned above.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #49
SittingDuck
All Star Starter

But wait. maybe there is a file that has directory info in it that we can tweak. Lemme look.

EDIT: well, I can't find it. I know it must exist somewheres.

Last edited by SittingDuck; 08-04-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #50
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
Thanks Sir, now I can read it. It hurts sitting on an ole Office 2000 version, but I just got some sort of converter installed and BINGO that worked.

However I must ask on this SUPER DB....

Players that played in the majors are "tracked" back to their first year in the minors. So like very very young Angels OF-DH Juan Rivera itīs way back. Correct... ? The first two years he played as Catcher in Texas Rookie minors. Gambo starts him of 1996 as a Yankee ?
However it feels more correct, but what is the criteria for this. Rivera first played pro-ball in 1995-96 in Texas organization, but Gambo got him as a Yankee in 1996 as an OF.
I think Gambo got it correct but please tell me what made these decisions and how many are there.

Also in case of players making their Major League debut this year 2008, we have none of them in this DB.
I was wondering if they should be added since many started as Rivera many years ago in the minors. If I add them I need to add them BOTH in real csv-files AND neutralized csv-files (recalculated).
Am I correct. This way Jose Arredondo for one could be pitching in the majors in 2006 or 2007. In 2006 he pitches mostly as a starter in the minors but now he is a super reliever.

Perhaps something to add to the Gambo DB. After all the DB has first years in minors as KEY ingredience...

Whatever itīs a beauty of DB and something to build on.
Don't rely on baseballcube as the source of your information. The catcher Juan Rivera who played for the Rangers is not the same one who plays for Angels and started with the Yankees. If you want proof just check his bio

Juan Rivera: Biography and Career Highlights | AngelsBaseball.com: Players

I "tracked" players using for the most part transaction history. The transaction database I use is the best source as it takes into account unknown transactions that statistics do not show.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #51
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Surprise surprise

I get a Runtime error, still with my 9.1.2 version
I tested old DB and such and they all work.
Tested both master.csv files in Gambos too, but start years have been 2004,2005,2006 just to have a look at some late years as starting date.
Of course selected Neutralized stats,remaining years, include history....

I canīt believe this to be anything more than something wrong the the DB, but then again who knows
The runtime issue simply has to do with the amount of information that needs to be collected when importing complete history AND having a late year. I trimmed down some of the files to try and alleviate this and have been able to import as late as 1981 (honestly havent tried later).

I think this may be part of the reason they went with the new DB format due to the amount of data.

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
Old 08-04-2008, 09:18 PM   #52
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Just a note...

I did post the time of year import issues on the technical support line and it has been logged so maybe someday we'll get a remedy to that.

Any other questions you guys have?

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 08-05-2008, 04:45 AM   #53
Greatgrampa
Major Leagues

Quote:
Actually, yes - it will. I just found this out. I had created a league that used the older Gambo DB, and it was located in a separate folder outside of the 'stats' folder (in the main OOTP directory). I then later deleted that old Gambo DB directory, since I had installed his new DB in my main 'stats' folder (having backed up my original DB stuff). Follow?

Good. Because when I booted up the old game that used that old Gambo directory, it stated it couldn't find the old historical DB. Ahhhh, I had deleted it, I realized.

Thus, if you want to use that league, then you'll have to DL the old Gambo DB and create a directory in your main OOTP directory (the one that has a ton of folders in it) named GamboDB. Do that and you'll be golden. Sorry, I just found out about this db issue.

Here's the link to the DB.
http://www.jazzrack.us/mods/ootpmods...77%20Ready.zip

Remember to rename the folder itself as I mentioned above.
2 questions about this. I though you could point the sim in the direction of the DB you want to use and it would use it, so why couldn't you have just pointed the game to that new folder with the GamboDB in it?

Secondly, if I was to create a GamboDB using the new Gambo DB, why wouldn't that work? Or would you have to fix some of the setup settings in order to use the new DB?

I am probably wrong here but am definitely confused now. Sorry! I will download the old GamboDB but still don't understand why I would need to use that one specifically? Does any of what I said make sense? Probably not.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:14 AM   #54
clamel
All Star Starter

If by any reason I would like to add a couple of additional minor leaguers I then must put them first in the "normal" DB files, like you did without stats.
Then put the neut-stats in the neutr-stat csv.

Anything more to think on. (That sounded easy, which I know it isnīt)

Hm, did ask before about players later years... ???

You have all the early years (like Juan Rivera) but how about the years a players played AFTER he played his last Major League game.
This issue is the biggest part I donīt like the new rule "Retire as in History). That option is truly wrong, because as I see it OOTP uses the LAST MLB game he played, and doesnīt care if he played many more years in the minors after a short stint in the big league.

I am searching for a set to get the REAL retire year for a player than this DB could be even better.
Iīm sick and tire of getting Nolan Ryan retire year after year after year. After I retire him, he comes back and add wins and Kīs, just to retire again. Totaly sick.
If he was the only one but several other players retire in the late 20īs even if the have historically 10-12 years left.
Then I donīt like to play this new retire option since then I lose all those other players.
Iīm stuck in between...

Solution should be to work over your DB and alter all those retire years, but then it would be super to have stats to cover the "back-end" years.
Just me babbling on .....

Did you get that Homerun yet with the big pay-off TWINS....

Last edited by clamel; 08-05-2008 at 05:16 AM.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:07 PM   #55
SittingDuck
All Star Starter

Twins - so is that going to be his fav new team? lol

Grandpa - it is a confusing subject, I will agree. Unfortunately, to use a template for a league, you have to have the same DB setup (directories and files) as the builder of said template did when he created it. In this case, I forgot that I had such an odd setup. Well, not odd, but not the standard 'stats' folder setup that is default.

Anyhow, you'll have to create that other db folder as mentioned if you want it to work. Now if I can ever find in the game where I can change the directory location, then I'll be happy.

FWIW, by directory location, I am not talking about what you determine when you first start to build a league. See, when you build a league via template, it never gets to that screen where you choose year, directory location, etc - the first screen. It just builds up the league based on the templates settings.

Which I don't like, at least in this case.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:21 AM   #56
Greatgrampa
Major Leagues

Quote:
Twins - so is that going to be his fav new team? lol

Grandpa - it is a confusing subject, I will agree. Unfortunately, to use a template for a league, you have to have the same DB setup (directories and files) as the builder of said template did when he created it. In this case, I forgot that I had such an odd setup. Well, not odd, but not the standard 'stats' folder setup that is default.

Anyhow, you'll have to create that other db folder as mentioned if you want it to work. Now if I can ever find in the game where I can change the directory location, then I'll be happy.

FWIW, by directory location, I am not talking about what you determine when you first start to build a league. See, when you build a league via template, it never gets to that screen where you choose year, directory location, etc - the first screen. It just builds up the league based on the templates settings.

Which I don't like, at least in this case.
Yeah, ok, I get it. I have downloaded the DB, thanks for telling me where to find it. Still haven't had time to do it but I will shortly, I hope. Just been a busy week for me so far, which is unusual because I normally have nothing else to do but play the sim!

Anyway, thanks again my friend. Will keep you posted on how it is going for me.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #57
SittingDuck
All Star Starter

What the hell is with this DB?

It happened with the db for 2007/8, and now this one. When I put the Gambo db in a separate folder (which I want because I need the Lahman in its original stats folder for other leagues), then when I go to create a league, even though I've properly assigned the path to the proper master.csv, it can take 2-20 minutes for the damn thing to start loading up player history!!

This pisses me off. I realize it is probably unique to my situation. OTOH, maybe not. I am sitting here and it still says 'Loading Database' for the last 10 minutes or so. Hasn't even started the importation process yet.

And yet, there have been 1-2 times I've done it and it started within a minute or so.

I HATE this process.

EDIT: finally. Just.... stupid.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:17 AM   #58
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If by any reason I would like to add a couple of additional minor leaguers I then must put them first in the "normal" DB files, like you did without stats.
Then put the neut-stats in the neutr-stat csv.

Anything more to think on. (That sounded easy, which I know it isnīt)

Hm, did ask before about players later years... ???

You have all the early years (like Juan Rivera) but how about the years a players played AFTER he played his last Major League game.
This issue is the biggest part I donīt like the new rule "Retire as in History). That option is truly wrong, because as I see it OOTP uses the LAST MLB game he played, and doesnīt care if he played many more years in the minors after a short stint in the big league.

I am searching for a set to get the REAL retire year for a player than this DB could be even better.
Iīm sick and tire of getting Nolan Ryan retire year after year after year. After I retire him, he comes back and add wins and Kīs, just to retire again. Totaly sick.
If he was the only one but several other players retire in the late 20īs even if the have historically 10-12 years left.
Then I donīt like to play this new retire option since then I lose all those other players.
Iīm stuck in between...

Solution should be to work over your DB and alter all those retire years, but then it would be super to have stats to cover the "back-end" years.
Just me babbling on .....

Did you get that Homerun yet with the big pay-off TWINS....
Nope no Twins yet...still baking for a bit longer...kinda surprised she's made it this long.

If you want to add a minor league jus put a "blank" line in the batting.csv and put the stats in the batting2,pitching2 etc...

OOTP MODS:
available at...
Old 08-08-2008, 09:12 PM   #59
SittingDuck
All Star Starter

Well, I've been busting this concept in the beta forum ad nauseum, but the game currently creates pitchers, IMO, incorrectly. That is, the pitcher's endurance is figured according to his first season IP, and not according to some type of average of IP/G/GS. Very irritating. This is because the game creates the pitcher to perform only as he did for the upcoming season. There are loads of problems with this, even for recalc (eg., DL'd for entire season IRL, so he gets totally hacked ratings - yuck).

This is less of an issue if a league is based on recalc. However, for those of us using non-recalc it is crippling in the sense that pitchers rarely import with any semblance of who they could be in the future. Way too many pitchers import as closers and low-level relievers. This is because IRL they played their intro mlb season as a reliever and logged but so many innings, or only started a few games.

Thus, non-recalc and Gambo don't currently work. I am really trying to get Markus to get the game to refigure the END for a pitcher, but somehow don't see this occuring. It's too bad, because I think the Gambo DB is totally superior, and I really think a non-recalc historical league based on Gambo would be the ultimate historical.

Basically I told them that pitcher endurance - since it really is the prime pitcher rating - needs to be given a hidden pitcher potential rating that is based on the pitcher's career average of the aforementioned stats - IP/G/GS. Again, I don't think anything will happen, but I had to push it out there.

Thus, for me I have to use the Lahman db as it is the only one that will properly import END ratings, or much closer. I actually hate the concept, but what can you do?
Old 08-17-2008, 11:38 PM   #60
thevat
Minors (Double A)

I see the list of the negro league players in the read me file, is there any master list for all the players you added, and possibly the year they import? Also, I see you mentioned in the first post that Aaron and Mays don't import to a team; I like to play by assigning players to their teams and financials off (so no free agents), is there any other players that might import that way that I will lose out on?

Thanks in advance. And this is a fantastic mod by the way, if I hadn't already indicated that somewhere!!
thevat is offline   Reply With Quote