Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-21-2008, 04:41 AM   #61
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Ok, both MLB 2008 Ballpark sets that are available on the main page of my mod website are now updated!!! So you can grab either the "Photo" set or the "3D" set and once you install the files correctly, you will have:

- custom image for all 30 teams
- ball flight animation settings pre-configured for every image
- ballpark effects data
- accurate ballpark dimensions
- accurate weather
- accurate grass/turf and roof/dome/retractable information.

Instructions are in the README that comes with the download, but it's still pretty simple. Images go into the documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\ballparks folder, and the parks.dat file goes into the folder for your saved league.

Enjoy!!
PadresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:22 AM   #62
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

When the park dat file is in the league folder and ballparks in proper folder, shouldn't you see the correct park with every team in MLB 08 rosters?

I reloaded game and still not displaying. Do you have to go to each team and point to the ballpark?

I thought this was automatic?

Also tried pointing to the file, with park.dat file in proper place, and it's way out of whack on ball flight and fielder positions.

What is your resolution and was it set for windowed or fullscreen and does that even matter?
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Beta tester, OOTP 2007-2023 and iOOTP 2011-2014.

Last edited by rasnell; 06-21-2008 at 09:12 AM.
rasnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #63
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Yes, it is designed to be "automatic" when used with the MLB2008 Roster file that ships with the game. Please look at the parks.dat file in your .lg folder, right click and select properties, and let me know what the "last modified date/time" is. The time stamp should be 12:20AM.

To test just now, emptied out my ballparks folder, loaded up OOTP9 and started a new MLB2008 game. I quit OOTP9, went to the desktop and re-downloaded the ballpark mod from my website. I opened the zip file and copied the parks.dat file into my saved .lg folder, and put the photos in the ballparks directory. I relaunched OOTP9, put myself in Commissioner mode so I can view/edit the ballparks and each team is good to go with the custom picture and all associated data. I'm not sure why it's not working for you.

For what's it's worth, I run the game in the default windowed mode when creating Mod files, but I don't think it matters.

Last edited by PadresFan; 06-21-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:14 PM   #64
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

6/18 8:11 a.m.
Charlie Root won more games for the Cubs than any pitcher (201), yet was remembered for one pitch to Babe Ruth. Find out more about the 1929 World Series in my book, "Root for the Cubs: Charlie Root and the 1929 Chicago Cubs." See the web site at www.rootforthecubs.com. The book is at http://www.amazon.com/Root-Cubs-Char...t+for+the+cubs.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:15 PM   #65
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

what resolution are you using?

Old 06-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #66
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasnell View Post
6/18 8:11 a.m.
That's the problem then... That is not the parks.dat file that is included in my most recent (last night) mod file. Should be 6/21 12:20AM.

I'm running 1024x768
Old 06-21-2008, 05:39 PM   #67
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

resolved with post #69

Last edited by rasnell; 06-21-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:40 PM   #68
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

resolved...see post 69

Last edited by rasnell; 06-21-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:50 PM   #69
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

This is really maddening. I did exactly the same steps for the third try, using add-on central, reloading the list, installing again. Now everything works. I absolutely did not change a single step in the process and failed 2 of the the 3 times. Working now. Have no idea why it didn't the first two tries.

Game automatically found the photos for all parks and has correct coordinates.

Old 06-21-2008, 06:27 PM   #70
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Cool!!!! Glad it's working, because I was out of ideas!!!
Old 06-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #71
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Does the park.dat file contain the correct wall heights or is that something that is even factored into the game. Reason I ask, left field in Fenway park is a little higher than the 8 feet that is showing up right now.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #72
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Okay - I wish there was a way to delete that last post. I just checked again, after trying another park.dat file, and all is well. My Bad
Old 06-21-2008, 07:29 PM   #73
PadresFan
All Star Starter

I spent 2 hours last night on those damn park factors, they better be right!
Old 06-21-2008, 08:06 PM   #74
rasnell
Hall Of Famer

By the way, Padres Fan, thanks so much for all of your help, having the site for all of our enjoyment and now for your tech support.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #75
justafan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
Everyone -

I have posted a new version of the 2008 Ballparks set. It now includes Park Factors for each Ballpark, correct capacity, and correct field/roof. Again, you just need to use the parks.dat file that comes with the download. It goes into your .lg folder.

The set is on the main page of my website (The one that says "Ballpark Photos for every team.") Next, I will do the same custom work for the 3D ballparks that justafan provided. Takes about 90 minutes to do it all, so after justafans set, I'm done!

If anyone wants to contribute another ballpark set, that's awesome, but you'll have to provide your own custom park.dat file. This is tediuos work!!
PadresFan, thanks for doing the park.dat for my ballparks. I would have never got it done myself.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:42 PM   #76
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justafan View Post
PadresFan, thanks for doing the park.dat for my ballparks. I would have never got it done myself.
You're very welcome. I figured I will probably use them myself so I might as well...
Old 06-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #77
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan View Post
Ok, both MLB 2008 Ballpark sets that are available on the main page of my mod website are now updated!!! So you can grab either the "Photo" set or the "3D" set and once you install the files correctly, you will have:

- custom image for all 30 teams
- ball flight animation settings pre-configured for every image
- ballpark effects data
- accurate ballpark dimensions
- accurate weather
- accurate grass/turf and roof/dome/retractable information.

Instructions are in the README that comes with the download, but it's still pretty simple. Images go into the documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 9\ballparks folder, and the parks.dat file goes into the folder for your saved league.

Enjoy!!
Thanks for all your hard work!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:48 PM   #78
kagnew35
All Star Starter

Pk. went to addon central, found 4 new items, an all in one, an all in one current league a 2008 photopak and more face gen backgrounds by justafan, dl'd and installed all 4. All seems fine

http://www.soxxcountry.com/ site with FaceGen Central and Duffys Tavern Live OOTP Chat Room
kagnew35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 01:07 AM   #79
jnogan
Bat Boy

Sorry to point this out but there is a typo in Miller Park data; LF is 344 not 434. Based on the time of day that you were working on this...totally understandable.

Outstanding job, BTW!
jnogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 02:21 AM   #80
PadresFan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnogan View Post
Sorry to point this out but there is a typo in Miller Park data; LF is 344 not 434. Based on the time of day that you were working on this...totally understandable.

Outstanding job, BTW!
Thanks! And thanks for pointing out the error. It's an easy fix, so I'll take care of it shortly. Great first post!!