Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:01 PM   #81
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Like I said in a different post. Companies, businesses, organizations, or whatever you call them, they are not created to benefit someone else. They make money, or a fortune, because what they provide benefits others to some extent. There is nothing that I can think of that would compel them to be fair that would work outside their best interest.

I'm all too familiar with this crap. I've been in unions all of my life. I'm a high school grad so I have very little leverage when it comes to commanding a higher salary. So I choose a union.
Wow. You're lucky you still have a union to choose. They've been almost eliminated by the rich and powerful. Who have the audacity to name a law that allows employees to be fired with no reason a "Right To Work" law.

Last edited by Brad K; 02-09-2020 at 08:09 PM.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:24 PM   #82
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post

It's so weird that it's its own psychological disorder
Well, something for sure. Not caring about anyone but self is a trait mostly unknown outside hunter/gatherer societies. Or perhaps support groups like Serial Killer Anonymous.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:31 PM   #83
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cobra Mgr is tolerant of opposing opinions
Yes. I'm really appreciative of the consideration he gives to the cons. The actual thread title should have been

I need some pros & cons
Old 02-09-2020, 10:58 PM   #84
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
Not describing everyone, but the turn this thread took is more about some people's personal dislike of me and my past opposing opinions than it actually is about the system.

My initial thought was this is a silly view, that nobody dislikes you. I let that thought sit for a few days, and although I can only speak for myself - I don't dislike you - I believe its likely others don't dislike you either.

Consider the number of responses you get to your posts. They're popular. Without counting I suspect you get more responses than anyone else. I know I come to this forum more often than I would if you weren't present.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:20 PM   #85
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
False
This is the situation that this proposal creates
I won't argue this point since it is pretty straight forward. I've always imagined what I would do if faced with a similar situation. Stay where I loved for less money, or go elsewhere for more? Of course this all depends on how much more and how good you are. After all, if you're going to be rich either way, why not stay where you like? I think pride and a perceived lack of respect plays a role too. Either way, I couldn't care less if it created that situation.

Quote:
It is? What is it? Count me in. I probably have more than just that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad K View Post
Wow. You're lucky you still have a union to choose. They've been almost eliminated by the rich and powerful. Who have the audacity to name a law that allows employees to be fired with no reason a "Right To Work" law.
Don't even get me started with this crap. Because we're getting into borderline politics here. Right to work laws were meant to take advantage of the ignorant. Notice I didn't call them stupid, just ignorant. They are meant to break unions. It is right to work for less and without representation. But those who have never been in unions would not know any better.

If you're a rank and file employee that cannot command his own wage, I don't care what side of the political spectrum you reside, but if you've been a member of a good union, you can see right through that crap sandwich.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:10 PM   #86
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok
Weird that people who like baseball don't care about the players
Quote:
I'm still waiting. What is this disorder? If you don't mind.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:15 AM   #87
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post

Don't even get me started with this crap. Because we're getting into borderline politics here. Right to work laws were meant to take advantage of the ignorant. Notice I didn't call them stupid, just ignorant. They are meant to break unions. It is right to work for less and without representation. But those who have never been in unions would not know any better.

If you're a rank and file employee that cannot command his own wage, I don't care what side of the political spectrum you reside, but if you've been a member of a good union, you can see right through that crap sandwich.

You're a union member who supports those with money, business owners, making the rules and the workers being told if they don't like it they can go elsewhere.Yet you say being in a union gives you bargaining power you wouldn't have otherwise. Sounds contradictory to me. Both the reality of the situation and what you support.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:52 PM   #88
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad K View Post
You're a union member who supports those with money, business owners, making the rules and the workers being told if they don't like it they can go elsewhere.Yet you say being in a union gives you bargaining power you wouldn't have otherwise. Sounds contradictory to me. Both the reality of the situation and what you support.
Yes. That applies to union jobs as well. A union has nothing to do with reforming a system. It's just a guideline with oversight.

If I had a business, whether it be union or not, I make the rules. A union at no point tells a business how they will run. Businesses naturally don't like unions because they cost them more and don't let them get away with taking advantage or abusing their workforce. That's it.

A union just ensures the business abides by their own rules with a very specific contract. The members are also represented and protected by the union from punishment.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:57 PM   #89
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

That doesn't explain the conflict. I think you can't so let's just stop here.