Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.8 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Announcing OOTP 21, Pre-Order Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 12-17-2019, 11:45 PM   #241
Fishbreath
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 71x in 37 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie13 View Post
Having some trouble generating what I think ought to be a simple schedule, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong ...

I've set up a 32-team league, two subleagues, each subleague with 4 divisions of 4 teams each. Here's the schedule I'm trying to generate:

1. DIVISION
Each team plays the other three teams in its division: two 3-game series at home, two 3-game series away. (36 division games total)

2. SUBLEAGUE

Each team plays the other 12 teams in its own subleague (i.e., all four teams in all three of the other divisions): one 3-game series at home, one 3-game series away. (72 subleague games total.)

3. INTERLEAGUE

Each team plays all 16 teams in the other subleague: one 3-game series. (48 interleague games total.)

The generator gets the division and interleague games right ... but not the subleague games.

Instead of scheduling 6 games against all of the other 12 subleague teams, the generator picks one of the other three divisions, and schedules 18 games against those 4 teams. (And, zero games against the teams in the other two divisions in the subleague.)

It doesn't seem to change if I set balanced schedule to true or to false; same thing happens on both settings.

How do I tell the generator to schedule against ALL of the other teams/divisions in the subleague, instead of only scheduling against one division?

Relevant section of settings.ini file pasted below. Thanks in advance for any help.

Code:
; Whether to write to the schedule file
; claiming interleague play is supported.
interleague=true
; Whether to write to the schedule file
; claiming the schedule is balanced.
balanced=true
; The league structure, in schedule file
; format. Underscores are permitted but ignored.
structure=SL1_D1T4_D2T4_D3T4_D4T4_SL2_D1T4_D2T4_D3T4_D4T4

; This many divisional games.
divisional_games=36
; This many subleague games.
subleague_games=72
; This many interleague/interdivisional games.
interleague_games=48
; If set to true, the scheduling engine will attempt
; to set up subleague pools between divisions of the
; same size.
match_divisions=true
; If set to true, the scheduling engine will attempt
; to set up interleague pools between divisions
; of the same size.
match_subleagues=true

[divisional-series]
; Series scheduling options.

; The preferred length for series.
preferred_length=3
; In each division (or subleague, or all teams,
; for the two following sections), teams will
; be divided into this many pools.
pool_count=1

[subleague-series]
preferred_length=3
pool_count=3

[interleague-series]
preferred_length=3
pool_count=3

Try setting the subleague pool count to 1 instead of 3. (No guarantees that'll do it, but it might suffice.)
Fishbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:11 PM   #242
Insomniac
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 53x in 30 posts
Fishbreath -- First, I appreciate the tool! It has been great, and I appreciate the flexibility it gives us to create custom schedules to match what we are looking for.

What I am looking for is this: I want a college baseball-type schedule that gives me games on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and then weekday games on Tuesday and/or Wednesday. Using the settings.ini file, I have the days set as follows:

; These options enable week-aware scheduling.
; start_day_of_week defines the first day of
; week in the schedule.
; No games will be scheduled on off_days_of_week.
; No random break days will be placed on non_off_days_of_week.
start_day_of_week=Friday
off_days_of_week=List:Monday|Thursday
;non_off_days_of_week=List:Friday|Saturday|Sunday| Tuesday|Wednesday

Within the saved game, I have the season starting on Friday in mid-February (see attachment). I am able to get the proper starting point, but what I usually end up getting is a 3-game series Friday-Sunday, a 2-game series T-W, and then a 2-game series over the weekend followed by 3-game series midweek for the rest of the season.

I'm not sure what I am missing and why I can't get a consistent F/Sa/Su/Tu/W schedule. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Attached Images