Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 20 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 11-28-2019, 01:08 PM   #1
jjrichards7
Bat Boy

1964 Season Simulation

I have simmed 4 seasons of 1964 year. Some of my observations

1 Colt 45's and Mets were in 9 and 10 th place which is correct,
2. Orioles , Twins , White Sox won the American League

3. The team whose stats were very off were the Phillies . In all 4 sims they had a record under 500 and two of the years ended up in 8 place behind Houston and NY .

Has anyone else had similar results with the Phillies ?
jjrichards7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:38 AM   #2
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

I've done 1964 a few times and if I recall correctly it was the Giants and Dodgers who won. The Phillies finished middle of the pack never lower than Houston or Noo Yawk. Not really surprising when you consider that the 1964 NL pennant was predicted to be a two team race between the two West Coast outfits as it had been the previous two years. The sim basically seemed to go with what the pre-season pundits predicted for 1964 but as we all know the Phillies led most of the way only to crash and burn at the end. Neither the Giants nor the Dodgers were a factor in the race.

As for the AL it had a close race too in real life as it did in my sim but I think the Yankees squeaked it out every time. It's been a couple of months so I might not be remembering the 1964 AL race correctly in my sim.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote