Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 11-25-2018, 05:05 PM   #1
gskweres9
Major Leagues

Financials Question

Long time OOTP player, but I have a question.

When starting modern day OOTP Leagues, financials seem to be out of whack. For instance, more teams have more money to spend than ever before in the 2018-2019 offseason, but seemingly every team is over budget every time I sim through the 2018 season.

For instance, if I’m the Giants and I want to rebuild and trade away Madison Bumgarner, 29 teams would gladly take his team friendly, one year deal, but it is impossible for me to trade him to all but like 5 teams because everyone is over budget.

I’m sure there’s a way to fix this.
gskweres9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:12 PM   #2
gskweres9
Major Leagues

Baseball is a multi-billion dollar industry. -$10.7M shouldn't be the AVERAGE profit

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-11-25 at 4.11.12 PM.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  332.0 KB
gskweres9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:08 AM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

he initial few years can be a bit odd with all sorts of things. give it time. it will find an ~average to float around. you can estimate this stuff based on the estimates given for revenues etc... unless they changed it, you have to use common sense to deduct expenses from est. revenue. estimates beyond revenue aren't so good. ~25-30m for non-payroll expenses is typical average, if i recall. supply and demand will cause it to eventually be profitable, if not year 1.

as far as comparing what happens in game to RL... unless you enjoy frustration, stop expecting it to match up. things happen in similar ways, but many choices are made differently. if teams don't have money, then they likely extended more players than their RL counterpart or anything else that costs money.

a real players 2018 league starts after free agency. few relevant teams should have excess money at this point.

edit looked it over a bit...

did you change any financials? revenue looks light. no big deal if you did. like i said don't look at their estimates beyond revenue and expensis.

the AI will not run a -10M average. they won't spend like that. expect payrolls to be ~120M. current salaries are a bit bloated for that revenue, so it will take time to recede. first couple years may have a few FA signing 1 year deals that are cheap and not a whole lot of sense -- but not 100s or anything.

Last edited by NoOne; 11-27-2018 at 02:10 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote