Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 10-16-2018, 03:37 PM   #1
Antmf
Minors (Single A)

I have a dilemma please help

Hey guys I'm in the middle of my second or third playthrough cuz I'm still new to the game. I'm playing the Miami Marlins and I have no more money left for any type of free agents guys that are on waiver or anything. I have Martin Prado who is 34 years old this year he's getting 13.5 next year he's getting 15 million I think it's time for him to go I also have Starlin Castro who is making 10 million this year 11 million next year and 16 million in 2020. And my SP are bad. Due to the fact I have zero budget what would you guys do? What would be your advice? I can't trade them because when I tried and I click make this work it says I don't have any plays to make this work. I think I picked a tough team to learn to play the game LOL. Please let me know.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Antmf; 10-16-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Antmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 07:17 PM   #2
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Try a different era or team.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 09:52 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

It will hurt to ride it out but you can go that route. Once those contracts clear you will be able to make a move or two. It may take 3 seasons of struggle to reset contracts and money but you can get there.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:38 AM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

if you can't trade, not much you can do. if not going to playoffs i wouldn't cast anyone off without a suitable replacement.

build up farm system... can't polish a turd, so don't try to buy a championship. with success your budget will increase too.. .although if you have a miserly owner and a small market it may not rise significantly.

i wouldn't sign anything expensive until you know your team is moving in right direction... confident budget will rise with continued success.

you can change that option, if you want. in finance settings -- all full use of budget as opposed to owner control -- solely based on last years revenue. drop down box, only 2 options. when you play poorly, the budget still goes down, of course... but if you can earn 200M then your budgeet will be ~200M.

side note, but relavent -- start maximizing season revenue. you can raise ticket prices throughout the year... especially when you start winning more, but maybe not if losing 90-100 games of course.

a little trick to test and learn as you go -- start a game and on the settings screen for that game you can see the attendance. you can still exit at this point without starting the game. adjust ticket price and learn at a fast pace relative to that time of year and win-pct.

you'll find an early season winning streak can make multi-million dollar difference by the end of a season compared to ending the season with a long win streak. more wins, and earlier = higher ticket price even if same win% later on. so, wins and earlier is better are the keys to predicting.

once you learn what you can do in successful years, you won't have to 'cheat' like that. or you could learn on fly and check attendance after any game and price change.... i don't know if ~full capacity and highest allowed price is most profit... i'd wager a bit under that could add up to more.

oh and in the playoffs you can gouge customers. just like opening day. you can mark up $5-10 or more depending. when winning a ton year after year, i think the affect increases for playoffs, but even so the first year you go you can up the ticket price from reg season and still get same attendance = more money. with crazy fans you can make $1M more just from opening day. 1/81 games... well worth it.

obviously the owner may have a say, but from default or just 1 price compared to increasing as much as you can throughout year can increase gate revenue by at least10-20%, if not more. talking another superstar contract worth of money.

Last edited by NoOne; 10-17-2018 at 12:47 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote