Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 07-21-2018, 05:47 PM   #1
dave2309
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Vacant Starting Pitcher in Rotation

I'm running my league as a "manager only" for the first time out. Several days ago my GM demoted my 4th starting pitcher to the minors and gave me a reliever for my bullpen. His (SP) turn is now vacant and it's the next game. Should I wait for my GM to call up a SP for tomorrow? Is there anything I can do to get a pitcher from the minors? Thanks for any help in advance.
dave2309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you can always turn on commissioner mode and do what you want with promoting/demoting a player.

the ai shouldn't do this, though. is another SP ~100% recovered due to a day off during that rotation cycle? if so, that's probably what it expects you to use.

if they are all tired, i'd post something about how this happened in bugs forum. the ai or human shouldn't be left with a tired rotation. make sure there isn't a rested option with at least 3 workable pitches and above a certain threshold of stamina before posting anything, though. that's a "sp" even if you as manager don't have them labeled that way and the ai GM is essentially telling you to use that player as a starter.

i'm frustrated by things like that, while others want that realistism of not having 100% control over things. depending on how you feel on that, you may want to look into GM Legacy Mode under Game/Global Settings. checkbox near bottom on same settings page that controls scouting accuracy.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:47 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Can any of your relievers start? Are they better SPs than the SPs in the minors?
Old 07-22-2018, 04:30 PM   #4
dave2309
Minors (Rookie Ball)

How would I do that No One, go to Commissioners mode? And can I then go back to the way it is now? Could you walk me through it? I had to start a starting pitcher today that was 78% rested. That's crazy! If you could walk me through it I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again in advance.
dave2309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:47 PM   #5
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

like tgh and i said, make sure there isn't another option in bullpen. 3pitches, suitable stamina etc. the ai gm is forcing you to use that guy.

comissioner mode on - go to manager office -- one of those tabs. settings / control options etc. don't recall offhand exactly. same as 'cannot be fired' i believe.

pretty sure if you turn it off or even sim ahead a day, it may revert changes - some things may only revert due to some external cause like an injury or a point where ai runs through mil setup like after draft / maybe scouting report. not sure if 'gm-legacy mode' will work as a coach? could try that. global/game settings page - checkbox at very bottom -- same page you set scouting accuracy etc. by its name i doubt it works for coaches, but odder things exist.

Last edited by NoOne; 07-24-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-24-2018, 09:56 PM   #6
battists
Hall Of Famer

I also play in manager mode.

Here's what I do:
  1. Go to the "manager" menu (with your name at the top), and select "Other Human Managers | Add Edit Managers"
  2. Click Add Manager
  3. Make up a commissioner account with a different name, and don't assign them to a team. Set them to "Play in Commissioner Mode." Finish the creation process with OK.
  4. Now you have a separate commissioner. Whenever you want to do commissioner things, go to Manager Menu | Other Human Managers | Select Active Manager, and pick your new commissioner.

This way, you only get commissioner powers when you want them, and you don't risk mistakenly proceeding as the commissioner.

Meanwhile, I just deal with the hand I'm given. If that means I start a RP, I start a RP. The problem with making moves as the commissioner is that often, once you relinquish control, they just reverse the move.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 12:52 AM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i think the ai short-handing you is grounds for taking a liberty, imo. you shouldn't feel bad about it. if this is a recurring problem, it could be detrimental to any serious playoff run.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:15 PM   #8
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
i think the ai short-handing you is grounds for taking a liberty, imo. you shouldn't feel bad about it. if this is a recurring problem, it could be detrimental to any serious playoff run.

Eh, I’m managing a rookie league team. Not too stressed about playoffs.

But I hear what you’re saying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk