Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 06-01-2018, 07:40 AM   #1
Trauma One
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Increase stamina?

My 24 year old (durable) pitcher just came back from a 14 month injury. He's got 3 plus pitches and a 4th is pretty good. The problem is that after coming back from the DL his stamina decreased from 55 to 35 and he's now a "Bullpen" pitcher.

If I send him back to AAA and force him into a SP role, will his stamina increase? Possibly?

He's certainly usable as a 4 pitch reliever but my pen is very good already so I'd really like to be able to have him build back some stamina if that's possible.

Thanks for any tips.
Trauma One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

no guarantees it comes back. he may be a reliever now.

if you can get 90-95 pitches before he gets slightly tired, he still may be serviceable as a SP. definitely use a pitch count. with elite ratings, otherwise, even a great SP. (just not as good as they could be with more stamina)

i do find if i baby my sp with protective pitch counts, they at least maintain their stamina better. pitch them beyond too often and it can have an effect over time.

Last edited by NoOne; 06-01-2018 at 02:32 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:21 PM   #3
Trauma One
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It worked (somewhat). I forced his role to SP in AAA and he's back to a Starter and stamina up to 45. He's got the stuff and pitches so very happy that he can start.
Trauma One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:04 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i've been doing that for a month now -- even lower pitch counts than the ai uses at R-AAA per level. think i go from 85 or 90 at rookie, 90 at sa and a, 95 at aa/aaa -- give or take, but 95 capped. i can't say it helps increase stamina whatsoever. i'm fairly certain overworking them will negatively impact their ratings in general, of which stamina is one.

so, don't overwork them and that's as best you can do. the rest is just random

a nice side effect is it's using my relievers more -- well i like it. the sp still get plenty of work (~150-160ip in A to ~170-180ip in AAA). probably reduces risk of injury a bit with SP (increases rp risk, oh well), while not losing much bang for your buck on playing time's effect (which is said to be a small amount? i believe)

not pitching while 'slightly tired' or worse is nothing but a positive thing in the MiL. don't waste those proverbial bullets.

if it's just an AI thing, just make use of force role -- for any position. an odd way i use it is sometimes to make a CL an RP and an RP a CL -- to force the AI to use those 2 at the top, which otherwise would bury the lower rated non-cl guy on depth chart that i prefer. you can force a closer to the top, but you can't force a less-liked RP up on dpeth chart, otherwise.

Last edited by NoOne; 07-18-2018 at 06:06 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote