Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 04-25-2018, 11:07 PM   #1
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Talking What? - Macon Mayhem (SPHL) just signed Colton Sceviour in my game

Hello everyone.

I have been trying to make the best team to win the Championship this season but seems we are not going to get the Semi Finals, teams got players with 4 and 4.5 stars from... nowhere

But the best highlight is Colton Sceviour from the Florida Panthers to Macon Mayhem for $10.000 year.

How do explain that to the owner of my team the Huntsville Havoc that I wasn't able to get any player with more than 3 stars because most of the other players said "I'm not interested"?
maikgianino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:47 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

A little more background, please - what year is it, and at what point in the season? If it's still the summer, you may see some guys temporarily signing with other teams, but with the SPHL higher-level teams can sign them after that.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #3
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
A little more background, please - what year is it, and at what point in the season? If it's still the summer, you may see some guys temporarily signing with other teams, but with the SPHL higher-level teams can sign them after that.
Pre-season, he played 76 games in the Florida Panthers with 23 points.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:07 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

This is in the second season of the game, or later than that?
Old 04-27-2018, 06:46 PM   #5
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
This is in the second season of the game, or later than that?
Yes is my second season in this game.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:11 PM   #6
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Update, I found more NHL players.
The frustrating thing is none of them are interested to play in my team but they signed for other SPHL teams which are in lower positions in the league.

Jamie McBain 31 games with Tampa now in Evansville Thunderbolts
Aaron Ness 11 games with Montreal now in Fayetteville Marksmen

And it's plenty of players from ECHL, I believe that's a little more normal than NHL or AHL players though. But on the other hand it's very hard for me and my team to sign FA from ECHL or AHL but the other teams seem to don't have those issues.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:16 AM   #7
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikgianino View Post
Update, I found more NHL players.
The frustrating thing is none of them are interested to play in my team but they signed for other SPHL teams which are in lower positions in the league.

Jamie McBain 31 games with Tampa now in Evansville Thunderbolts
Aaron Ness 11 games with Montreal now in Fayetteville Marksmen

And it's plenty of players from ECHL, I believe that's a little more normal than NHL or AHL players though. But on the other hand it's very hard for me and my team to sign FA from ECHL or AHL but the other teams seem to don't have those issues.
Update: Third season about to start, plenty of NHL players in the league. I'm not talking about Malkin or Sidney but NHL players anyway
Old 04-30-2018, 10:50 PM   #8
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Some screenshots as was asked.
Here plenty of screenshots of other players as well.
There is a lot of AHL, WHL, OHL, ECHL players too but I think that is more common.

https://imgur.com/a/30UO8vX
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 05-01-2018, 01:04 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

I think the problem is the player value conversion for the low minors being a little off - when they're moved to the SPHL/FHL level, that level of player should be a superstar, but it doesn't seem (going by the contract values, and the contract data in the database looks OK) that they're being treated as such. We're working on some changes to the talent number calculation systems for FHM5 right now, I'll keep an eye on that. May require some data changes as well at the league level.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:08 PM   #10
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I think the problem is the player value conversion for the low minors being a little off - when they're moved to the SPHL/FHL level, that level of player should be a superstar, but it doesn't seem (going by the contract values, and the contract data in the database looks OK) that they're being treated as such. We're working on some changes to the talent number calculation systems for FHM5 right now, I'll keep an eye on that. May require some data changes as well at the league level.
Thank you very much for checking my updates.