Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 06-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #21
Wrathchild
Banned

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Would it make a difference if I already had OOTP X open and running before putting the new files in? I hear what I believe are some sounds that I haven't heard before but there is still a deafening crescendo of sound by the crowd made when the home team starts something good. I've listened to the files in the sounds folder individually but none of them seem to be the one in question. It's really annoying me as it is so freaking loud.
Wrathchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #22
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I created a bug report last week for this exact problem. BZ3144.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:15 PM   #23
Wrathchild
Banned

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
I created a bug report last week for this exact problem. BZ3144.
Awesome. I hope it gets fixed, because it's starting to look to me like it's not a specific sound file, but an overall issue. It appears that there is a trigger to increase the volume or something. But then again, you have to really crank the speakers to get even a usable default sound level for the game, or at least I do. The game is literally giving me a headache due to the sound increase at certain points.
Wrathchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #24
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I think Markus increased the "swell" of the crowd too much during certain situations. It drowns out the individual cheers and whistles that ought to be discernable.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:05 AM   #25
clamel
All Star Starter

Sorry to bring this up but I know a program in Windows can handle increase of sounds.

Anyone could help which one.

I know it has been talked about in this forum but can´t find it.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #26
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

not quite sure what you mean, but if you want a windows program to increase the sounds it is sound recorder. In XP is is loacated in accessories-entertainment on the programs menu. It only works in 25% increase though you may have to use decrease after if 25% is to much. Decrease works in smaller steps. Something you have to play with to get right.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #27
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
not quite sure what you mean, but if you want a windows program to increase the sounds it is sound recorder. In XP is is loacated in accessories-entertainment on the programs menu. It only works in 25% increase though you may have to use decrease after if 25% is to much. Decrease works in smaller steps. Something you have to play with to get right.
What I understand this is sound in general. The program I know is somewhere, becasue it was discussed with sounds stuff back in OOTP08, can adjust each and every .wav file.

Any more takers on a hint ???

One should be able to increase the crack of the bat only, and leave the crowd noice as it is. That´s the general idea...
Old 04-23-2010, 01:46 AM   #28
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

OK..think I got ya now...Just locate the bat sound in ootp\data\sound folder..increase the volume to your liking and your good to go. Here are the files you need to look for:
1. hit_hard1.wav
2. hit_hard2.wav
3. hit_normal1.wav
4. hit_normal2.wav
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:34 AM   #29
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
OK..think I got ya now...Just locate the bat sound in ootp\data\sound folder..increase the volume to your liking and your good to go. Here are the files you need to look for:
1. hit_hard1.wav
2. hit_hard2.wav
3. hit_normal1.wav
4. hit_normal2.wav

YES, BUT how do I increase the volume. That´s the program I was looking for. I´m blind, so please help ;-)
Old 04-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #30
micropterus58
All Star Starter

I think this program will allow you to edit WAV files as you like. Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder It's free. I used it to eliminate a large gap in a MP3 file. It will also convert from different formats. MP3, WAV, Ogg Vorbis
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 05:29 PM   #31
kevin95630
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The edfink dot com site appears to be down. Not sure if this is a temporary thing. If not, does anyone have a copy of the file they can post a link to?
kevin95630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:27 PM   #32
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin95630 View Post
The edfink dot com site appears to be down. Not sure if this is a temporary thing. If not, does anyone have a copy of the file they can post a link to?
You do realize this link is ten years old, right?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote