Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-14-2018, 01:59 PM   #21
geoffetheridge
Bat Boy

Improved AI trade logic (especially for buyers/sellers at the deadline)
geoffetheridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:18 PM   #22
Dkitson16
Major Leagues

Too add to my previous list:

The ability to easily flip teams between divisions. If I want to swap Tampa and Florida with Columbus and Pittsburgh I should be able to.
Dkitson16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:28 AM   #23
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Havent bought since FHM 2

And I returned that.

I want a less buggy game. I read the patch notes and its amazing how much stuff continues to slip through, especially the Phantom GM bug this time around.

There has always been talks of "you cant compare FHM"x" to OOTP"x" because OOTP has been around so much longer" well then dont price them the same. I just prepurchased OOTP for the 14th version in a row, and I saw the "package" deal for the two programs so I checked FHM4's price on Steam and its still $39.99. So its the same price at the end of the hockey season as OOTP19 is at release. HUH?

I really havent seen anything that makes me think this is a $40 game.
Make this game $19.99, as it should be, at release and maybe more people will buy it and tolerate its imperfections as it continues to go through development.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 12:45 PM   #24
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
And I returned that.

I want a less buggy game. I read the patch notes and its amazing how much stuff continues to slip through, especially the Phantom GM bug this time around.

There has always been talks of "you cant compare FHM"x" to OOTP"x" because OOTP has been around so much longer" well then dont price them the same. I just prepurchased OOTP for the 14th version in a row, and I saw the "package" deal for the two programs so I checked FHM4's price on Steam and its still $39.99. So its the same price at the end of the hockey season as OOTP19 is at release. HUH?

I really havent seen anything that makes me think this is a $40 game.
Make this game $19.99, as it should be, at release and maybe more people will buy it and tolerate its imperfections as it continues to go through development.
I've payed $60 for games that were even buggier and developed by much larger development teams, plus got far less support. There are very few developers that are in touch with their game's community as much as these guys are. Bugs can be frustrating, no doubt, but I give these guys mass props for the amout of support they offer while being such a small team with limited resources.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 01:42 PM   #25
croatian
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
I've payed $60 for games that were even buggier and developed by much larger development teams, plus got far less support. There are very few developers that are in touch with their game's community as much as these guys are. Bugs can be frustrating, no doubt, but I give these guys mass props for the amout of support they offer while being such a small team with limited resources.

No way you are thinking about EA Sports

Joke aside, I agree, game made great progress since it's first release in 2013. Sure there is a lot of work to be done, but I have full trust in dev team because they seem dedicated to the game, which acquiring NHL license confirms.
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:24 PM   #26
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by croatian View Post
No way you are thinking about EA Sports

Joke aside, I agree, game made great progress since it's first release in 2013. Sure there is a lot of work to be done, but I have full trust in dev team because they seem dedicated to the game, which acquiring NHL license confirms.
Any EA Sports game over the years could definitely fit the bill, though they have improved in support for their games. Even with the issues that this game may have though, the consistent support and communication from Jeff and Adam goes a long way in my book.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:48 PM   #27
vtmx
All Star Reserve

I'd love it if I could loan my players out. This would be especially handy for European teams which don't have minor league affliates and therefore have to send their players on reserve lists.
vtmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 06:46 AM   #28
croatian
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
Any EA Sports game over the years could definitely fit the bill, though they have improved in support for their games. Even with the issues that this game may have though, the consistent support and communication from Jeff and Adam goes a long way in my book.
I agree, because only in co-op between community and producers this game can get better and better
Old 03-20-2018, 12:09 PM   #29
croatian
All Star Starter

How realistic is to expect ability to arange pre-season games by myself, so that I can choose opponents ?

Cool feature would be friendly games with NT, for example week or two prior WC to play few practice matches.

Anniversary patch on NHL jerseys

More media pressure in hockey hotbeds like Montreal, Toronto, and not just NHL hotbeds, but euro ones as well, like Magnitogorsk, Bern, Tampere (just to name a few).

Spengler Cup

In team data screen, it would be cool to see little jerseys (with number on it) that are retired or honoured instead just of number and name of player.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #30
croatian
All Star Starter

For historical mode - add IHWC (just Elite Division) / Canada Cups /Olympics. Shouldn't be too hard, because there are rosters at IIHF media book for every country since 1920.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:23 AM   #31
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Talking

First off, the game is very good...

BUT, as I mostly play current day NHL games, I have to say the trade AI can just drive you up the walls...

There can be plenty of examples given but one i came across in my latest save is just the off the charts...

the Wild get G Henrik Lundqvist now 36 on a 8.5mil a year contract for 3 more years with a 3.5star ability and 3.5 star potential (which is declining at this stage AND a 21 year old C with 0.5 ability and 1.5 potential

and the Rangers get LW Niederrieter now 26 on a 5.25mil a year contract for 4 years, 3.5 ability and 3.5 potential AND a 19 year old G with 0.5 star ability and 1.5 potential....

As for current logic the trade is fairly equal....

BUT the Wild already have a G Dubnyk who is 32, on a 4.33 a year contract for the next 3 years and is 4.5 star ability and 4.5 potential... and they have G Raanta who is 29 on a 3 year 3.35 mil contract with 2 star ability and 2.5 potential and are waiving him... not even trading away for a pick but waiving...
the team is now 1.8mil over the cap hit and lost a starting 1st/2nd line wing in prime for a backup goalie and created itself cap issues...

And this is in pre season! no injury to the main keeper.

In the Current day NHL every AI GM ends up doing these types of trades...

By year 4/5 every team is over the cap limit and is placing stars on the TB and is buying out guys.

the fact that you can trade 2star potential players on expiring contract in early june for mid to late 1st round picks is stupid, i have to force myself not to do it as initially I found it great but I ended up one year with 12 first round picks....

at the Trade deadline there seem to be no seller and buyers, nobody trying "plan ahead with the cap" in mind...

If this gets fixed, the game will be 5 star...

rant over...

Last edited by tk43; 04-08-2018 at 03:57 AM.
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #32
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

I've bought 1, 2, and 4. I'm unlikely to buy 5 at this point, unless the Devs decide to focus more on Historical and Fictional. I know they say that most people are interested in modern day NHL, and maybe that's true, but if I want that experience, there are other options (NHL 18, EHM, etc). The reason OOTP kicks butt, is the historical and fictional leagues. I agree that you can't compare the two in terms of time they've been around, but as already mentioned, don't tell us to not compare and then have the same price for each game.

Even if we're focusing on "modern day", there's a ton of issues. Decided to want to expand after year 1, and I was able to pick as many people from each team as I wanted (up to 35 players). No option to change this, or any of the expansion draft settings. Ended up with an awesome team (better than RL Vegas this year). That's silly.

I'm hopeful to get more fictional options, but not expecting it.

Last edited by dmacgreg37; 04-16-2018 at 02:40 PM.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:24 AM   #33
#4BobbyOrr
Minors (Double A)

One suggestion I have in regards to the simulation results is to skew the league leaders to a slightly younger average age. In my current 15 year sim with the exception of Matthews and McDavid who won the scoring title at 23 and 24 respectively every single league leader is aged between 28-34. It’s not uncommon for guys to have career years at 33-35.

While the aging of attributes seems to be very realistic most guys peak offensively around 25, not in their early 30s.
#4BobbyOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:27 PM   #34
zagardlenie
Bat Boy

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
You should resign from the Countering Roles system and the numerical values for each tactic – more should be left as unknown to players, more dependent on the hockey players’ current skill (= streaks) and disposition. Furthermore, no dots and Suitability indicator. Instead of a Countering Roles there should be a new system based on the mentality of distinct lines, eg. defensive mode – when the player wants to shutdown the opponent’s line, etc. Also, you should consider removing the attributes from Head Coaches (including the one controlled by the player) because this system is not objective. Each coach should be unpredictable.

Last edited by zagardlenie; 05-04-2018 at 04:31 PM.
zagardlenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:22 PM   #35
croatian
All Star Starter

Historical challenges for major european leagues (KHL, SHL, Liiga, NLA, Extraliga, DEL).
Old 06-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #36
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Hm...

1a. More interactive trade block, such as setting a minimum "price".

1b. Better trade AI in general. More opponent GM feedback when in negotiations instead of just "NO WAY!!1!!111!" or "It's close but... nah lol" or what irks me sometimes "this is an even and fair trade for both teams but nope" the trade system hasn't changed too much since FHM 1, has it?

3. Suspensions, diving, timeouts, etc. More in-game immersion events. Coaches challenges? *trollface*

4. Player training assignments for the offseason - give players a certain skill to work on during the summer, such as shooting accuracy or conditioning to give a slight boost to the skill.

5. One of the things I really enjoyed with Football Manager is the interactive press conferences and interacting with players. More immersive elements like that would be awesome.

6a. A blank tactic preset, ie not having a certain selection of player roles for each line (kind of like how you can freely choose any player role for 4th line players but for every line/pairing).

6b. Lineup presets for players that can adapt if you lose a player (ie, it will fill in all the positions except where the player(s) is/are missing). I still find the whole tactics system a chore to work with especially when struck with injuries.

6c. "Assistant choose player role" option (separate from assistant choose lines) to just fill in the best roles for the players.

6d. Being able to double-click on a player role/tactic to select it and then close the tactic/role list popup immediately instead of always having to press okay afterwards.
omjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:25 PM   #37
croatian
All Star Starter

in historical mode ability to turn off teams reloactions, so that quebec can stay in Q, or winnipeg in Wpg.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #38
Unsung_Hero
Bat Boy

I’d love for them to implement a different ratings system or at least an alternative to the 5 star system. I feel it would help create more separation between players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unsung_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:18 PM   #39
daigle91
Minors (Double A)

Quoting the online manual:

Quote:
Historical play extended back to 1917-18, including the other major leagues in the west in addition to the NHL. While they're active, the Stanley Cup is decided by an inter-league series at the end of the year. Roster/lineup sizes are bigger than they were historically; there are limitations to how far we can go without breaking the match engine and AI. No era-specific rules like PCHA rovers or different penalty systems/lengths, but possible at some point in the future.
I would love to see a pre-1917 game engine implemented into FHM5. I have done a lot of research into this early era of hockey (1883-1917), and there are so many amazing leagues, teams and players during that time frame. One of the greatest moments was the 1905 Stanley Cup challenge between the Ottawa Silver Seven and the Dawson City Nuggets. Would be amazing to control players and teams from this 7 player (6 + rover) 'challenge for the Stanley Cup' era... and then seamlessly transition into the NHL's first season in 1917.
daigle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:52 PM   #40
daigle91
Minors (Double A)

Would like to have,

- larger profile pictures.

- option for animated profile pictures...that way you can have small action clips or take the current in-game jersey/face builder to a new level by having an optional full 360 degree rotation revealing the back of the players jersey as well.

- larger team logos for league leader lists and box score stats (they seem way too tiny).

- team logos within Player Stats. example...replace "(EDM)" with Oilers team logo beside players name.

Last edited by daigle91; 06-19-2018 at 05:15 PM.
daigle91 is offline   Reply With Quote