Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
doitny
Minors (Rookie Ball)

trading is ridiculous

every time I try to trade a player for draft picks I get they already have 50 players under contract. I know the rules and that's fine, but in real life you think a team trying to make the playoffs or win a championship would turn down a player who could help them win just because they have 50 players under contract? no. they would just buyout some of there half a star minor league players to make the deal work.

hey GM, you want John Tavarres? for a number 1 draft pick?

hell yeah!!! ....oh wait sorry I cant do it. I already have 50 players and it just wouldn't be right for me to get rid of one of my half a star, never gonna make it to the NHL players...

LMFAO
doitny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:22 PM   #2
skoch
Minors (Single A)

Number 1 draft pick + half a star, never gonna make it to the NHL player

for

Tavares

Problem solved?
skoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

as said, just add the worst player you have under contract, works all the time
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:42 PM   #4
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by doitny View Post
every time I try to trade a player for draft picks I get they already have 50 players under contract. I know the rules and that's fine, but in real life you think a team trying to make the playoffs or win a championship would turn down a player who could help them win just because they have 50 players under contract? no. they would just buyout some of there half a star minor league players to make the deal work.

hey GM, you want John Tavarres? for a number 1 draft pick?

hell yeah!!! ....oh wait sorry I cant do it. I already have 50 players and it just wouldn't be right for me to get rid of one of my half a star, never gonna make it to the NHL players...

LMFAO
You can't just buy players out in the middle of the season. You could waive them and hope that they're willing to take a mutual termination. Really, there's nothing you can do though if you lock your team into 50 contracts in the NHL and no players accept terminations, you're screwed until the next offseason. It's why managers are so careful with those contract limits now.
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:42 PM   #5
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Usually people will only take those terminations if they have a nice fallback option in Europe, or the like.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:58 AM   #6
Vopat
Minors (Single A)

Most trades today involve a contract for contract. The roster limit is a real thing and teams don't go around trading players for picks to make roster space on a regular basis.
Vopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #7
Ferrisrox
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacgreg37 View Post
Usually people will only take those terminations if they have a nice fallback option in Europe, or the like.
Actually a lot of veterans will take those terminations because certain guys that already have a full bank account and a lot of pride don't want to report to the American Hockey League to earn their pay cheque.

If they refuse to report, the can be suspended, and not get paid, or agree to a mutual termination and at least have the chance to go somewhere else and continue their career.
Ferrisrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:05 PM   #8
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrisrox View Post
Actually a lot of veterans will take those terminations because certain guys that already have a full bank account and a lot of pride don't want to report to the American Hockey League to earn their pay cheque.

If they refuse to report, the can be suspended, and not get paid, or agree to a mutual termination and at least have the chance to go somewhere else and continue their career.
I know Mark Streit did that recently, but it's very rare. It might happen from time-to-time with guys who sign small deals ala Streit. Rarely do veterans do it though, as they often have overpaid deals and aren't giving up that money.