Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-08-2016, 01:57 PM   #1
tankards
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Smile wondering if i should buy

Afternoon all,

As the subject states, i'm wondering if i should buy the game or not. I have played OOTP baseball, so i'm wondering if this one compares or better. Any detail would help.
tankards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 05:57 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

It depends what you expect from the game. If fictional/historical and customization are your favorite features in OOTP, FHM might not be the right game for you. We have all this but in a much lighter way than OOTP (version 2 to version 17). If you want to play the modern world game (with the 2015/16 season start), it might be good to check the game out. Or you just wait for FHM 3, which is not too far away from release.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:39 AM   #3
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

I ONLY play historical and I enjoy the game immensely. Are there still areas that need work? Yes. But keep in mind that this is merely the second iteration whereas OOTP has seen about a dozen and a half (or however many... It's a helluva lot more than most games will ever see).

The real question for me is do you like graphics, cutesy sort of sports sims or do you want to get into some of the nitty-gritty on managing a sports franchise? Since you're an OOTP I Think it is pretty safe to say it is the latter and not the former. This is a wonderful game for those sorts of peeps. But if you want something like "Madden NHL" (you get the ide) then you won't like game methinks.

I hope that helps a little. Best, Aaron
Old 09-10-2016, 01:49 PM   #4
jaguar8311
Minors (Triple A)

IMO no. While I LOVE that a Hockey Sim now exists. Like everything, it will take time for it to develop into something that I actually play.

Wait till FHM3
jaguar8311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:54 AM   #5
DFyvie
Major Leagues

I didn't buy the first FHM due to the negative reviews and simply bided my time for no.2. It was good.. and does the trick for historical replay but it still needs work. The current version is certainly playable but since the 3rd one will be out (probably at the start of the new season in early October) just wait a few weeks and get a better game. I will certainly be purchasing the new one because of how decent FHM2 turned out.
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 10:18 AM   #6
Robmeister89
Minors (Double A)

FHM2 was very good but I've got two issues with it that have ruined the experience for me...

*Online play isn't easy as imports/exports don't seem to work properly for me (I've followed the guide they put out and made sure my GMs did it right and even followed another league's guidelines to the T and nothing.. )

*Support is awful. And by that I mean they don't answer questions in the support ticket system. I understand they cannot always be on the forum but if you have a support ticket system and you don't even respond or look at those that's just bad business.

I would wait it out for FHM3, though, personally as it seems it'll be released soon [an announcement on Friday will be made, not sure in what regards but something will be announced]. FHM2 is a very good game from a single player perspective and I'm hoping I can get FHM3's online leagues system working for me so that I can enjoy an online league.
Robmeister89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:46 AM   #7
STLRS95
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
It depends what you expect from the game. If fictional/historical and customization are your favorite features in OOTP, FHM might not be the right game for you. We have all this but in a much lighter way than OOTP (version 2 to version 17). If you want to play the modern world game (with the 2015/16 season start), it might be good to check the game out. Or you just wait for FHM 3, which is not too far away from release.
Quick question, will FHM 3 use OpenGL? My computer and graphic card couldn't do facegens in OOTP17 and FHM2, which ruined the games for me. I will stay away from 3 if it does until I can get a new computer.

Sorry for hijacking your thread.