Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 03-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #41
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

GOOD NEWS!!!

while it has taken a long time due to some health issues, time constraints mixed in with some technical difficulties, we are finally getting close to re-launch. so much so that I picked up a domain name. ootpwiki.info (it doesn't point to the right site yet, but we are getting there)

I do want to let you all know why it has taken so long. first reason is my concussion recovery has taken a very long time, if you ask those around me I am still in recovery, but it's difficult for me to see day to day.

second is time. I am also trying to start a not-for-profit art shop for young artists so that eats up my time.

the third is technical I have tested various set-up configurations and the one with the best performance (windows/IIS) also happened to be the one I couldn't consistently build stable. one time I would build it just fine. the next 3 I would have all kinds of problems. I was severely tempted to put it back on the paid server and live with the crappy performance.

but instead I decided to spend about 2 working days on the Microsoft website and teach myself how to use IIS. now I can almost build it blindfolded, my test wiki site is humming like a songbird. so we are now at the final step of importing the current site and making some performance tweaks to the wiki its self.

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 03-13-2014 at 08:31 PM.
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:17 AM   #42
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

in my effort to keep you all better posted, we ran into a bit of trouble with the production site. the images in the files gallery don't work properly. we understand the cause, but don't understand the fix, so we have asked for help over at the tikiwiki community.

we do have a back-up solution. since the test sites have all worked fine, and the site is still small we can just manually re-create most pages via copy & paste. but that still leaves the problem with the gallery images needing to be re-uploaded because while I have the files they are all named in database style so I have no clue what is what.

hopefully we get an answer from the tiki community tomorrow so we have some information to make a decision.

Last edited by jazzrack; 03-16-2014 at 04:31 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:04 AM   #43
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

so we are not having much luck on a fix so it's just going to be faster to rebuild it by hand. we are still going to try and find a fix on the off chance we have to move it to a different type of server again but this has taken to long to keep farting around, we'll just throw labor at it I have lots of kids, if everybody copies and pastes pages we can be done in under an hour. now if I can just rope them all in.... there is only like 30 pages so it's not hat big a deal, the file gallery is the bigger task & I think I can mass download and upload.... but I may play it safe and do it manually just for the lack of a potential headache.

Last edited by jazzrack; 03-20-2014 at 04:08 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #44
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

hey all, the new site is up, www.ootpwiki.info but me and my son had a ... discussion we'll call it I wanted to port everything over and get it back open ASAP. he on the other hand wanted to get the full structure (adding the areas for title bout, fhm, iootp & bts) finished before we add back the pages

of course he is right, so he is working on that this weekend while he has no homework but I do want to get it back open before 15 comes out so he is running out of time.

but we have finished most of the other work, server is stable and secure (as can be anyway) website is nice and snappy compared to what it was on the old server. only performance tweak left is there is a setting someplace that puts the site to sleep if nobody has accessed it for 10 minutes, so if you are the first person to hit the site it can be slow for a minute, it's fine on a shared environment but we don't need the resource saving. I have also upped the upload limit to 32mb so that should make the vast majority of it self-service.

so all that's left is creating the areas for the different games, copying over the pages & files (the files I can do en mass, so it's not as hard as it sounds), get the mission statement re-done & then deciding on theming (theming decisions can be done after opening). I think keeping it simple with one of the pre-packaged themes is probably best

Last edited by jazzrack; 03-28-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:08 PM   #45
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

oh and I re-opened the old site if anybody needs access to anything on there. there are lots of ballpark pictures on there.

I had almost forgotten how slow it was on the old server. while it has been much more effort I am much, much happier with it now.

Old 03-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #46
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

So...

Are the ballpark pix just going to seamlessly transfer over, or will I need to re-up?

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:15 PM   #47
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
Are the ballpark pix just going to seamlessly transfer over, or will I need to re-up?
I am going to try and move them over. I have a couple of methods I can try so you shouldn't have to re-upload anything.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #48
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

the wiki is up and operational. we still have some navigation to work on and just because a feature isn't turned on at the moment doesn't mean it won't or can't be, just ask because we may not have gotten to it yet. everything but some of the ballpark files are transferred over, the site seems to run much better. Still having a bit of an issue with IE and the editor buttons, bit we'll work it out... hopefully.

anyway, please poke around and let me know if it seems to work better than the old one.

OOTP Community Wiki | HomePage

I still have not found that 10 minute sleep setting so if you happen to be the first in 10 minutes it still takes a couple seconds to wake up. And

if you had an account on the old site you do need to make a new one, I could have ported the user DB over but it's only a handful so just to keep chances for errors low, sorry about that.

Last edited by jazzrack; 04-02-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #49
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Old 04-15-2014, 09:56 PM   #50
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

I just wanted to let everybody know the wiki is open for business. Other than attempting to track down a problem with the WYSIWYG editor we are simply tweaking permissions as we run across them and adding features as the need arises & since we can never finish that process without opening the wiki

so it's officially open

ootpwiki.info

I have been swamped but I will make a welcome and how-to use the wiki videos as soon as I can.

Last edited by jazzrack; 04-15-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:40 AM   #51
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Since the server has been an issue from the start i figure it would be a good idea to keep everybody posted on any developments.

current server status is good, humming right along, but my researching the WYSIWYG editor issue brought me to some information about a limitation of the server/os combo. short explanation is there is a request connection limit per application pool. in our case each application pool is (now) a website (the ootpwiki, my personal website, my leagues html pages)I did have them all running off the same application pool, but since our traffic is low and requests short we hadn't really bumped into it. but i reconfigured the server to reduce the chance even more.

but that is really only a patch, & while I don't see it being a problem anytime soon, personally I don't like having that hanging over my head. so here is what i did. called my cousin and he has donated a copy of microsoft server 2012 (he owns a networking consulting company, buys in bulk) and i am currently building what will ultimately the back-up box.

since we are not in a hurry i will not accept anything less than a seamless transfer, so when i can migrate the site to the back-up box with no errors then i'll just redirect traffic to that machine and rebuild the production machine, migrate the stuff back and we'll be golden.

and my cousin even said if i run into migration problems he'll re-do it for us. so this really is a no-brainer of a decision. a bit of work for me, but i would rather do it now than in a panic at some point in the future.

jazz

Last edited by jazzrack; 04-18-2014 at 05:18 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:21 AM   #52
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

we are now running on the new back-up server, everything looks to be working well, but i won't rebuild the production server until tomorrow night to make sure all is indeed well

Old 04-20-2014, 04:48 AM   #53
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

starting to work on help videos

OOTP Community Wiki | ootpwiki help

Old 04-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #54
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

we are now back on the production server, let me know if there are any problems from the switch back

Old 05-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #55
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

it appears we had some network issues over the weekend. at first it looked like a heavy traffic issue, but even as my network traffic slowed the problem persisted. the server it self showed no errors and locally everything worked fine. so we looked at the router and it had been up for over a month. it wasn't showing any errors but it was either that or the switch. so I reconfigured the network to put the server directly on the router, bypassing the switch, and rebooted the router.

the whole network is back to normal again, the boys even stopped complaining about lag so I think we will simply have to remember to re-boot the router once a week until we can invest in an upgrade.

Last edited by jazzrack; 05-05-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:28 PM   #56
kq76
Global Moderator

You might want to update the links in the OP. I just tried it and it was dead so I thought maybe the site was dead and I was going to unsticky the thread, but then I tried your sig and its link worked.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:03 AM   #57
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
You might want to update the links in the OP. I just tried it and it was dead so I thought maybe the site was dead and I was going to unsticky the thread, but then I tried your sig and its link worked.
thanks for the note!

Old 02-20-2016, 03:47 AM   #58
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Jazz why is it so hard to find files on the new combo site? i am looking for minor league logos and the only file i see is CJ's 5000 fictional set.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:28 AM   #59
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Jazz why is it so hard to find files on the new combo site? i am looking for minor league logos and the only file i see is CJ's 5000 fictional set.
I have probably moved them into legacy mods & have not had time to re-sort.

OOTPmods.com | Legacy Mods

the old site is still functional.

mods.ootpwiki.info

I'll post a link on the legacy page when I get a minute as well

Last edited by jazzrack; 02-23-2016 at 12:33 AM.