Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
htimedical
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Babe is giving me trouble

When I autoplay the 1927 season, Babe Ruth hits about 60-63 homeruns. When I play the season out manually, he only hit 30. Is it possible I'm doing something wrong? I use the historical line-ups.
htimedical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:28 AM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by htimedical View Post
When I autoplay the 1927 season, Babe Ruth hits about 60-63 homeruns. When I play the season out manually, he only hit 30. Is it possible I'm doing something wrong? I use the historical line-ups.
This almost always happens for some reason. In my main league i played out the 2004 season ( 1974 strategy) and no player had more then 36 HR. I messed up something on it and simmed it and 4 players had 45 HR+ and 2 players hit over .400. Best thign was i won teh WS this time around vs getting swept and I used a MR with 11 IP as my Game 1 and Game 4 SP since my 30 game winner got injured on the final day of the season. i have seen this in all my leagues, when I play games out stats are always lower then when I sim.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #3
htimedical
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I wonder if there is some setting we're missing. I don't think it's a setting though because I played half a season where Ruth's numbers were low, then I autoplayed the second half and they jumped. Something is wrong. And it can't be strategy because he's in the lineup every day, doesn't bunt and doesn't hit and run. He's just swinging away.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
I wonder if there is some setting we're missing. I don't think it's a setting though because I played half a season where Ruth's numbers were low, then I autoplayed the second half and they jumped. Something is wrong. And it can't be strategy because he's in the lineup every day, doesn't bunt and doesn't hit and run. He's just swinging away.
the most important thing to check is the modifiers. to make sure they are basically the same. teh home run value for 1927 will be the same on the left, say its 2000 ( i don't remember exactly) but check to see that the value to the right, modifier is the same. if one sim it is .957 and the second sim it becomes 1.265 there is your answer.
If the modifier is the same, then it has to be something else
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
htimedical
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Do you know how I can get to that screen to check it. Thanks.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do you know how I can get to that screen to check it. Thanks.
League setup - Strategy.

I have the same thing happen though in my leagues and i checked my modifiers yesterday, i didn't see anything out of place. i do have fewer teams then real 1975 and It is a fictional league with some players with seemingly outrageous stats compared to RL. For me though right now I am 21-2. I play one home series and 1 road series vs each team and sim the rest of the season. All my stats will go up in the 2nd half after the all star break. This is the 6th time I have played this league that always happens.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
htimedical
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Why will they go up after the AS break?
Old 06-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Because I will sim until the playoffs after the ASG. plus I only have 61 games from the start of the season until the ASG 83 after.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #9
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
in normal play the modifiers should be the same the entire season
i would say that is likely where the difference was, not if you were simming or playing games out manually

do a couple of tests and see what happens
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote