Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 04-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #61
Chicagofan76
Banned

Infractions: 2/2 (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
During those years he should have his stamina reduced which I hope will be the case with Imported Season instead of 3-y spam.
I am currently using Spritz DB all players real debut theres usually not much difference (I prfer Gambo's) but heres Smoltz imported as of 2003 season with 3 yr avg for stamina

Name:  2003.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  148.4 KB
vs
smoltz from 2002
Name:  2002.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  148.8 KB

vs 2004
Name:  2004.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  151.3 KB

not sure if this helped u but it confused me. I had figured his 2002 stamina would be higher since he started games in 2001 then it would have been in 2003. 2004 i am guessing covers 2003,04,05 05 he started 33 games.
Chicagofan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #62
Chicagofan76
Banned

and Smoltz Imported season 2003
Attached Images
Old 04-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #63
clamel
All Star Starter

Just a question.
I used retire according to history. Which I donīt normally do.

What happend.
Mike Madden had 30 games and 21 as a starter for Mets.
He got traded pre-season 1987 in the first season of my dynasty.

In the master.csv file it says he had the last season in 1993.
But he retired 25/10 1987 in my dynasty ???
Injury was 1 day hamstring, day-to-day in August.

?????
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #64
clamel
All Star Starter

The Smoltz result looks strange !!!!

He should have long stamina when he was starting and short when he played as a closer. Of course that would be with Imported season.

I must ask also if I start via the ODB file, and then make a decision to then make changes in the master.csv and othe files do I need to delete or rename the ODB file.
The only thing the setup given you are the path to where it will find the ODB or the Master file.
Guess it goes for the ODB file first, and then the master.csv file if the odbfile couldnīt be found.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #65
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Just a question.
I used retire according to history. Which I donīt normally do.

What happend.
Mike Madden had 30 games and 21 as a starter for Mets.
He got traded pre-season 1987 in the first season of my dynasty.

In the master.csv file it says he had the last season in 1993.
But he retired 25/10 1987 in my dynasty ???
Injury was 1 day hamstring, day-to-day in August.

?????
Ohh Finally a question I can answer.....Retire According To History means that yes the player will retire by the time he normally did, but it doesnt mean he wont do so earlier, dont know why that is, it just is....i had teh same question awhile back gambo answered that 1 for me.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #66
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
The Smoltz result looks strange !!!!

He should have long stamina when he was starting and short when he played as a closer. Of course that would be with Imported season.

I must ask also if I start via the ODB file, and then make a decision to then make changes in the master.csv and othe files do I need to delete or rename the ODB file.
The only thing the setup given you are the path to where it will find the ODB or the Master file.
Guess it goes for the ODB file first, and then the master.csv file if the odbfile couldnīt be found.
I always point to the ODB file when I do imports, Gambo or someone with skills would have to answer this 1 for ya.

as far as smotlz the 1st 3 that i posted were based on 3 yr stamina and the last was just the imported season of 2003.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:40 PM   #67
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
I always point to the ODB file when I do imports, Gambo or someone with skills would have to answer this 1 for ya.

as far as smotlz the 1st 3 that i posted were based on 3 yr stamina and the last was just the imported season of 2003.

Yes naturally to point to the odb-file, BUT if you have been making some adjustments in the csv-files you canīt use the odb-file what I know off.

My editing is about the japanese players. I like them to turn up in the Majors in the same year they actually came over, and in the team that did sign them. Ichiro Suzuki in 2001 for the Seahawks.
Not as in Gambo in 1992 as a Free Agent.
Everyone has his own opinions of course.

Also some retirements from the Majors did not mean that they retired all together. Some players I like to edit in having a shot at longer careers.
Since injury is on Low, still it can create early retirement and as you mentioned that Retire according to history some players should have a prolonged career IMHO.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #68
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
Yes naturally to point to the odb-file, BUT if you have been making some adjustments in the csv-files you canīt use the odb-file what I know off.

My editing is about the japanese players. I like them to turn up in the Majors in the same year they actually came over, and in the team that did sign them. Ichiro Suzuki in 2001 for the Seahawks.
Not as in Gambo in 1992 as a Free Agent.
Everyone has his own opinions of course.

Also some retirements from the Majors did not mean that they retired all together. Some players I like to edit in having a shot at longer careers.
Since injury is on Low, still it can create early retirement and as you mentioned that Retire according to history some players should have a prolonged career IMHO.
Ichiro played football? didnt know that
I play my historical league with Retire according to history turned off...I had Toad Ramsey who IRL played 3-4 seasons in my league he has 312 Wins over 16 seasons.
I am not sure i understand about having the Nippon league players come over the yr they actually did... Spritz has a db with real players real debuts which is what i use now. I havent gotten far enough in to bring over Ichiro but to my knowledge he will show up in 2001.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #69
clamel
All Star Starter

OK, my bad
but then REAL football should be Seattle Sounders RIGHT.

Having the japanese coming over when they did IRL shouldnīt be a problem. Why not have them historically when all the other starts when they have their first pro year.
If however one played with full Japanese Leagues then whoever came over would be totally up to the AI and game engine.
As I understand they do have some rule in Japan when a player can as a FA come over to the US. What is the reason for Gambo having them coming over in a totally different year than in IRL.
If one would play with Spritze with HS then the Japanese players could arrive as FA and be subjected to sign with whatever club that the game engines AI decide.

Everyone has a twist in setting up dynasties. I have mine.

Having retire IRl turned off was what I tried before too. However Nolan Ryans and similar ole men retired very much earlier then IRL. I however more liked this since the retire year is mostly wrong in correct sense.
Itīs the last year they played in the majors.
Playing a new dynasty you never know if situation becomes different. Instead off really being sent down to the minors and so retire the top player at that position brakes a leg and that retired player should be getting a new chance.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #70
Chicagofan76
Banned

Seattle Seahawks NFL, Seattle Mariners MLB, I dont see an MLS team for seattle according to the MLS website.
with 1 of Spritz db ( i dont know about Gambo's) you can have the Nippon league players come in when they actually did or at 18.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:41 PM   #71
klavier
Major Leagues

Quote:
OK, my bad
but then REAL football should be Seattle Sounders RIGHT.

Yes.
klavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #72
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagofan76 View Post
Seattle Seahawks NFL, Seattle Mariners MLB, I dont see an MLS team for seattle according to the MLS website.
with 1 of Spritz db ( i dont know about Gambo's) you can have the Nippon league players come in when they actually did or at 18.

When Iīm not from USA, so itīs kind of hard keeping up with strange things like clubs jumping from one town to another. Stupid thought for an european. I do hope MLS website keep up ;-)
However Home - Seattle Sounders Football Club this might be something ....

Never mind lets not make this "word/name" mistake linger on.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #73
Chicagofan76
Banned

Quote:
When Iīm not from USA, so itīs kind of hard keeping up with strange things like clubs jumping from one town to another. Stupid thought for an european. I do hope MLS website keep up ;-)
However Home - Seattle Sounders Football Club this might be something ....

Never mind lets not make this "word/name" mistake linger on.
not a soccer fan when u said Seattle Sounders I had to google them...and i was just messing with ya with the Seahawks/Mariners/Sounders.Sorry if i offended u that wasnt my intent, but i was having some fun with it.