Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 01-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #81
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

I've created two add-ons to Getch's utilities that I think are pretty cool. They are a new ratings page and a playoff odds report.

Samples can be seen here:
IFB Ratings
JOBL Playoff Odds

The ratings page allows you to view ratings for all players in your organization in one web page. You can sort by up to three different columns at once. The page allows you to see any team, or even the current free agents under the same view.

The Playoff Odds report is configurable (to an extent), and will be generated at the same time as generating the rest of your Last Sim pages.

They've only been tested on two leagues to this point, but if you want to download and install, you can find them at the IFB home page under the links menu option.
IFB Links Page - Choose the download called "fhomess' OOTPOU Mods". A quick ReadMe file is included.

I've also sent these off to Getch, who'll be incorporating them into his next version of the utils.

Last edited by fhomess; 01-29-2008 at 03:08 PM.
fhomess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #82
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

This is incredibly awesome fthomess; thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Now I have a couple questions regarding the ratings mod:
  1. I'm having trouble getting it to display free agents. It shows all the rostered players on the various teams in our league, but when I try to display free agents it reverts to displaying my organization's players.
  2. Am I correct in assuming that these are "true" ratings? So for scouted leagues this would be left turned off (just like the "Development" mod), correct?
Corsairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:06 PM   #83
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsairs View Post
I'm having trouble getting it to display free agents. It shows all the rostered players on the various teams in our league, but when I try to display free agents it reverts to displaying my organization's players.
I haven't seen this problem yet. Are you able to see the free agents if not logged in?

Quote:
Am I correct in assuming that these are "true" ratings? So for scouted leagues this would be left turned off (just like the "Development" mod), correct?[/LIST]
That's correct, although scaled to your league's ratings scale.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #84
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Huh, you're right... I can see free agents if I'm not logged in. It only reverts to my team's organizational listing if I'm signed into the utilities. Wonder why that would be?

It's a pity that there's no way to grab the ratings from, say, each organization's head scout to display here. Several of my owners have been asking for a way to view all their players when they don't have access to the game, and this would be absolutely perfect. I guess that information isn't included in the .CSV's though.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #85
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Huh, you're right... I can see free agents if I'm not logged in. It only reverts to my team's organizational listing if I'm signed into the utilities. Wonder why that would be?
Ok, good. You should be able to change the team to "Free Agents", click the "Go" button and get the FA's.

As for the scouting info, I don't know how to get that from the CSV's, but would be happy to put it in if someone knows.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:23 PM   #86
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
Ok, good. You should be able to change the team to "Free Agents", click the "Go" button and get the FA's.
Unfortunately, that's not working when I'm logged in. Every time I change the team to "Free Agents" and click the "Go" button, the display reverts to listing my organization's players. It does work properly if I'm not logged in, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
As for the scouting info, I don't know how to get that from the CSV's, but would be happy to put it in if someone knows.
I'm guessing that data isn't available in the .CSV's - Getch didn't have it as part of the Draft utility, for instance - but I'd be thrilled to learn I'm wrong!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:38 PM   #87
Getch
All Star Reserve

For the free agents, my guess is that it's because 0 is assigned to the free agents, and 0 = false in Perl. There is code in there that if the parameter is null, it defaults it to your team. Probably should assign -1 to free agents, and then change it to 0 when parsing the .csv files for the player's team.

As for scouted ratings, it is not dumped in .csv format, and I am going to vehemiantly ensure that it is in the next version.

And big kudo's to fhomness for these utils. I hope to release the next version very soon (possibly this weekend) with them in it, and it will come with a bunch of bugfixes and tweaks that I've already made, as well as a new utility or two.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #88
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
For the free agents, my guess is that it's because 0 is assigned to the free agents, and 0 = false in Perl. There is code in there that if the parameter is null, it defaults it to your team. Probably should assign -1 to free agents, and then change it to 0 when parsing the .csv files for the player's team.
Hmm. I thought I had fixed that, but I guess not. New zip file uploaded.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #89
Corsairs
Hall Of Famer

Yup, that update did the trick. Thanks again fhomess, these are really great additions. And Getch, I'm eagerly anticipating what you have in store for us with the next version of your utilities!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:22 AM   #90
sporr
Global Moderator

Quote:
Yup, that update did the trick. Thanks again fhomess, these are really great additions. And Getch, I'm eagerly anticipating what you have in store for us with the next version of your utilities!
That makes two of us! Thanks guys!
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #91
cnield
Major Leagues

Our league is having two (probably related) problems with the development reports. First, talent changes are being reported every sim for players, even if that change happened many sims ago:

As you can see, his power has decreased from 4 to 3 every sim since the first one we used the reports.

Also, the "Last Development Update" field doesn't seem to be changing, even though the development reports do finish. New talent changes show up each sim, but that date never changes.

Any advice?
cnield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:23 PM   #92
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnield View Post
Our league is having two (probably related) problems with the development reports. First, talent changes are being reported every sim for players, even if that change happened many sims ago: As you can see, his power has decreased from 4 to 3 every sim since the first one we used the reports.

Also, the "Last Development Update" field doesn't seem to be changing, even though the development reports do finish. New talent changes show up each sim, but that date never changes.

Any advice?
Yep, you're not the only one with the problem. It has to do with a CPU limit on your webserver. I have a fix (already done) to hopefully work around the problem, and it'll be in the next release.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:14 AM   #93
cnield
Major Leagues

Thanks so much! Glad to hear that.
cnield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #94
Recte44
Global Moderator

When do you anticipate the next release?
Old 02-11-2008, 06:23 PM   #95
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recte44 View Post
When do you anticipate the next release?
Tonight... well, as soon as I can figure out what the password is to upload to the server.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #96
Getch
All Star Reserve

Posted here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=161441

Please lets close this thread. I'ts getting unwieldy. Post all comments in the new thread.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #97
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

I have a problem. I can't seem to get the export tracker to work. Opening Day for my league is tomorrow and it isn't showing any export status..

http://wsbl.allsimbaseball1.com/cgi-...pl?page=export

So for now I'm just using a basic export tracker from allsimbaseball.com

http://wsbl.allsimbaseball1.com/lgexports/exports1.htm

Would some one tell me something I might have done wrong. I have all the correct.csv files in the folder in the "cgi-bin" folder on my league server.
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:23 AM   #98
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
I have a problem. I can't seem to get the export tracker to work. Opening Day for my league is tomorrow and it isn't showing any export status..

Last Exports

So for now I'm just using a basic export tracker from allsimbaseball.com

Untitled Document

Would some one tell me something I might have done wrong. I have all the correct.csv files in the folder in the "cgi-bin" folder on my league server.
Seems like it's fixed, whatever you did. Please, lets close out this thread.