Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-29-2019, 07:30 AM   #81
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I had a little time to come check on my Yaks and Loose Cannons. Both teams are about what I thought. Both are much better when the skipper is pulling their strings but I pulled a Trout with one of my teams in 20. I sold it for 90k and started making my Xtreme team into a pure classic team 100%. No "Live" cards allowed at all. I pulled the new 100 Eckersley(much better than '19 version) too last Friday right off when Steam opened. So that closer is my building block with the 90k. I have all the live players sold and replaced and the team is looking good, But they are consuming much time. I miss you other youngsters and will be happy when you relent and join us.

My Babe card has had a scorching late season every year so we will see if he approaches that record

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:49 AM   #82
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

It’s time for Zorros baseball. Good afternoon everyone and pull up a chair and stay awhile wherever you may be....lol......I miss Vin Scully. When I moved to NY I bought the MLB ticket just to watch the Dodgers and hear Vinny say that every night. 😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:51 AM   #83
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Funny thing is I have a 1909 Cravath baseball card I'm bringing to to the card shop during Beer and Pizza Friday tomorrow to get sent off to PSA to get authenticated. This card actually lists him as the Minneapolis Millers, I think Boston sent him down and the tobacco company listed him as Millers on the card.
It’s Friday and you know what that means.....Pizza and beer day.......What a joy Friday has become now.😁
Old 03-29-2019, 08:52 AM   #84
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
It’s Friday and you know what that means.....Pizza and beer day.......What a joy Friday has become now.😁

7 hours to go!
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:10 AM   #85
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Well we saw the Standings that Dog has posted for us so now let’s see how that HR and RBI race has become......Babe Ruth of the Yaks has pulled ahead with 27. He is known to get hot late in the season but does he have 21 left in him? The RBI race has moved into a tie with Ruth of the Yaks and Lajoie of the Magpies with 91. It will be tough for either of those records to be broken. Moving on to the other side to the mound we have Halladay of the Zorros having another outstanding season with a League leading ERA of 2.10 and in a tie for most wins at 15 with Maddox of Stone Island. Zorro has often said that Halladay was his third best starter. On a lot of teams he would be the ace. It’s no wonder why Rocky Point leads the league in pitching with a 3.20 ERA. Not as good as last seasons 2.88 when they became Champions but still good enough to be the best in both Leagues. On the hitting side the Kentucky Crowns are the Ave leaders hitting a outstanding .283 as a team. While Lake Monroe flexes their muscles with a league leading 153 home runs. This is a league of Super Teams. 😁
Old 03-29-2019, 09:12 AM   #86
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Funny thing is I have a 1909 Cravath baseball card I'm bringing to to the card shop during Beer and Pizza Friday tomorrow to get sent off to PSA to get authenticated. This card actually lists him as the Minneapolis Millers, I think Boston sent him down and the tobacco company listed him as Millers on the card.
How does that work? Do you get a paper back stating it is real?
Old 03-29-2019, 09:18 AM   #87
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How does that work? Do you get a paper back stating it is real?

In about 60 days they mail it back encased like this and with a grade. Mine are almost always poor as a card graded mint costs a boatload of money in many cases.
Attached Images
Old 03-29-2019, 09:23 AM   #88
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In about 60 days they mail it back encased like this and with a grade. Mine are almost always poor as a card graded mint costs a boatload of money in many cases.
Wow, That is kinda cool in a case. How much does it cost to authorize them?
Old 03-29-2019, 09:31 AM   #89
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow, That is kinda cool in a case. How much does it cost to authorize them?
$12 at the shop I go to - I am currently waiting to get back the first two I submitted - 1911 Jack Quinn and 1964 Pete Rose.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:18 AM   #90
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

In a surprising move Zorro has announced that the fences in Gladys Monty Stadium will be moved for left hand homers to 1.100 in the upcoming season. It is currently at .900. Zorro said with Bonds and Ruth in the lineup they could go for the record of 48 home runs. Also Zorro figures his pitchers will hold down the opponents home run total so it could be a win win for Rocky Point. A insider told WFAN that it was all about attendance. They feel more people will turn the turnstiles if Ruth and Bonds start jacking them out....
Old 03-29-2019, 10:51 AM   #91
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

In the first game since the announcement of Rocky Point moving the right field fences in next season Barry Bonds made a statement by hitting two out against St Paul. “If I can hit two out with these fences so far back, Just think what I would do with the fences in.” The fans are starting to get excited. Will 48 homers be a bye gone record next season?
Old 03-29-2019, 11:30 AM   #92
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

There is pandemonium in Rocky Point as Barry Bonds has hit another. With the fences still in play Bonds has homered 3 times in the last two games right after it was announced they were moving the fences in next season. Bonds looked at the record book he was holding in his hand and stated ‘Better get some white out because that single season home run record of 48 is in real jeopardy next season.” Sound like it is going to be a raucous time in Rocky Point next season. As it is this season they are trying to Repeat as Champions and win their 3rd Championship in 4 years. Life is good in Rocky Point New York. 😁
Old 03-29-2019, 11:45 AM   #93
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
7 hours to go!
Are you and your buddy going to play OOTP tonight after pizza and beer?
Old 03-29-2019, 02:20 PM   #94
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

In the Home run race Babe Ruth of the Yaks now has 30 dingers. He needs 28 to tie the record with 50 games left. In the RBI race we have Lajoie of the Magpies with 104.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:56 PM   #95
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
In the Home run race Babe Ruth of the Yaks now has 30 dingers. He needs 28 to tie the record with 50 games left. In the RBI race we have Lajoie of the Magpies with 104.

I am very happy for you that have these very hitter friendly parks. I tried it for a few seasons but could not get the performance or rankings I was hoping for.
I also did not have the pitching staff to remedy some of my opponents crushing me at my own park.

Do you feel like there is a big increase in points collected for offensive plays and awards vs defensive ones?

I never looked at all the awards to see if they even out but it would be an interesting study and feedback back to the development team.

I know in the very early 19 days, filling your team with sluggers seemed to provide a better points inflow compared to other approaches.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 03:03 PM   #96
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Guerrero has 2276 hits most in Zorro history. He will be staying with the Zorros and we will follow him to 3,000 hits. Two Pitchers with the most wins are Maddox 166 wins and Halladay with 155 wins. Halladay should be staying in Rocky Point to go after 300 wins. Maddox a two time Champion and MVP in 2026 is borderline. He could be replaced if he struggles. Last but not least the Home run leader is Babe Ruth with 260. Now that the fence in right field will be shortened he should be able to blast quite a few. Bonds who has hit 7 homers in his 31 games with the Zorros has said he will hit 500 before ootp19 ends next March. So there you have it. Goals before March 2020 Guerrero 5,000 hits. Ruth 1,000 homers Halladay 500 wins. Rocky Point wants 10 championships along with the 10th most wins or better in OOTP19 history. Follow my journey and add your top player goals along with mine. 😁
Old 03-29-2019, 03:03 PM   #97
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
It’s time for Zorros baseball. Good afternoon everyone and pull up a chair and stay awhile wherever you may be....lol......I miss Vin Scully. When I moved to NY I bought the MLB ticket just to watch the Dodgers and hear Vinny say that every night.

Very good comment. I really miss listening to him.
Probably one of the few sports that is great and often better on the radio. I find myself adjusting my schedule so I can be in the car listening to games if I am not at the stadium.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:07 PM   #98
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
I am very happy for you that have these very hitter friendly parks. I tried it for a few seasons but could not get the performance or rankings I was hoping for.
I also did not have the pitching staff to remedy some of my opponents crushing me at my own park.
I am only moving my right field fence in ,Everything else will stay the same. I figure since I added Bonds to go with Ruth and Seymour I might as well take advantage of their power. Also my pitching staff always leads the league in HR allowed so this might work. We will see starting next season...😁
Old 03-29-2019, 03:14 PM   #99
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I have all the live players sold and replaced and the team is looking good, But they are consuming much time. I miss you other youngsters and will be happy when you relent and join us.

I think in the long run this is the right approach. I am not much of a person speculating / hoping that my cards remain the same or get a ratings boast.

It seems there are more options in 20. More infielders in the gold to low diamond ratings that can be re-trained to great utility players.
On first glance some perfect cards also received some defensive improvements.
Not sure I like it. It makes the plug-in and walk-away even more possible for top teams.

On the other hand, I can’t complain. Kids have build our team with their lucky pulls:
Perfect Gehrig, Wagner, Randy, ...

They charge me a pack opening fee since I can’t seem to get anything better than silver and common gold cards :-)
I regret teaching them economics and supply & demand.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:22 PM   #100
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post

They charge me a pack opening fee since I can’t seem to get anything better than silver and common gold cards :-)
I regret teaching them economics and supply & demand.
Good one Dad.😉