Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-24-2019, 02:54 PM   #21
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I know that dude. Have a few of his baseball cards and watched him play back in the 80s.
Pretty sure I had all of those at some point. Probably duplicates. But I kept them wrapped up in rubber bands instead of card holders so RIP.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:19 PM   #22
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Coulee Cubs flame out in Silver .294 division series

That was...not good. Coulee was defeated in the division series 3 games to 1. Against a team they'd beaten 6/7 times in the regular season. The starting rotation simply fell apart in the playoffs. Both Sixto Sanchez and Kyle Freeland had atrocious starts. The offense was bad also. Bring on the year 2035.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:49 PM   #23
Izz
Hall Of Famer

The Hoggs are heading back to diamond after going 60-102 in their first perfect season.

Our record was only 4th-worst. We probably could've avoided relegation had we really wanted to, but I took the time to do some positional training and also let the AI have a go at running the lineups for a couple months to see if it would do a better job than me. Comparing those records side by side I'd have to say the AI did *not* do a better job

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:31 PM   #24
DrTobiasFunke
Minors (Single A)

The Sidewinders have made it the world series of Gold .310 and they know who they are facing. The SoCal Bulldogs have a smoking staff, leading the league in Strikeouts and ERA, which is also backed by the second best defense in their conference. Looks like the manager pulls their starters early and often as they have 9-man bullpen in the wings, so it could be interesting to see how their deep bullpen matches up against my deep bench.

SoCal plays in Petco park, so it's a pitchers stadium that plays small. I have to hope my baserunning strategy is strong because I shouldn't be seeing the usual doubles there. Lefties have a bit of a power boost though, so Kerry Wood has been strategically placed in the rotation to have both of his starts (if necessary) are at home.

Also, nice to see the Vukovich fans out today, I'll do my part to help the appreciation of those cards (Good PT performance can only help improve the market on those.)

To save the double post: The Tucson Sidewinders are the Champs! It took a 14 inning game and 15 inning game, but we took it in the bottom of the ninth in game six. Credit goes to Wes Ferrel and Kerry Wood, for playing like Aces. Wood in particular had 22 Ks in 12 innings in the world series, while also earning a sweet 2.5k PP for an achievement I didn't even think existed (Hi-Def Inning, recorded 4 Ks in an inning in Game 2). Lonnie Smith was the hero, Pinch hitting in the bottom of the ninth he hit a triple and then George Kell singled him home.

Pretty good season all things considered, also enjoyed the fact that I was 2nd in Def Efficiency and 3rd in runs scored and couldn't snag a single end of the year award. I suppose the championship takes the sting out of that though.

Last edited by DrTobiasFunke; 03-24-2019 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Won it all
DrTobiasFunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:20 AM   #25
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
The Hungary Hungry Hippos have made their 10th straight post-season appearance.

2 in Bronze
2 in Silver
2 in Gold
4 in Diamond

I have yet to win it all yet.

This is a team with only one player above a gold in the lineup.
This is a team with only one SP above gold
This is a team with only one RP or CL above a gold.
10 Straight playoff appearances
1 Championship game appearance
0 Championships won

Look at me. I have turned my team into the Dodgers.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:32 PM   #26
jpm24
Bat Boy

Ok, this was a fun one for me. As a kid, I first became a baseball fan when I was 7 and following the Dodgers. As it happens, that was Billy Grabarkewitz's one great season and I was the only 7 year old who could spell his last name.

Well, I got him in my first pack for this team and I've held onto him for all these seasons.

And, now in this league he hits a HR in bottom of the 12th to win Game 7 of WS and MVP.
jpm24 is offline   Reply With Quote