Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 07-03-2018, 10:12 AM   #21
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

Silvam, I want to officially thank you for putting this tutorial up. As you can surely see, the tutorial is inspiring so many of us to start building 3D stadiums. Without this, I wouldn't even know where to start.
Flying_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 10:20 AM   #22
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Canuck View Post
Silvam, I want to officially thank you for putting this tutorial up. As you can surely see, the tutorial is inspiring so many of us to start building 3D stadiums. Without this, I wouldn't even know where to start.

This is great just seeing different parks that I didn’t create. I’m seriously hoping someone gets better techniques and shares them with me as I am. I expert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2019, 07:34 PM   #23
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

As a side note - Sketchup Pro is the only edition that you can download and use on your computer, and only 30 days at that. If you want a desktop app, you need to download Sketchup Make 2017 from their previous downloads section. You can find the link here: https://help.sketchup.com/en/downloading-older-versions
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:35 PM   #24
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
As a side note - Sketchup Pro is the only edition that you can download and use on your computer, and only 30 days at that. If you want a desktop app, you need to download Sketchup Make 2017 from their previous downloads section. You can find the link here: https://help.sketchup.com/en/downloading-older-versions

I’m still using 16

Old 01-30-2019, 10:01 PM   #25
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
I’m still using 16

Sorry, should have clarified - if you're looking to get started (and haven't been at it for a while) download an earlier version of Make.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:09 AM   #26
godmode
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What happened to video #2?
godmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #27
micropterus58
All Star Starter

As a temporary fix go to YouTube via the part 1 link. Click on Michael Silva's name. You will find all of his videos. Part 2 is working. He needs to fix the link in the first post.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 01:47 PM   #28
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
As a temporary fix go to YouTube via the part 1 link. Click on Michael Silva's name. You will find all of his videos. Part 2 is working. He needs to fix the link in the first post.

I’ll fix it soon. Don’t know what happened

Old 06-14-2020, 02:52 AM   #29
rexrowland
Minors (Single A)

Hi,
Baker Bowl as it was designed has always worked fine in my game, but I wanted to customize the ballpark with logos of a fictional team. So, just winging it, I simply deleted things that reference the Phillies and replaced them with images specific to the fictional team. I exported, put the new folder (with the files generated by SketchUp) into the OOTP ballparks/models directory, and I thought that was it. Of course not; all I'm seeing in the 3D Model tab is a 100% completely black stadium against a blue sky. I apparently have every texture in the texture folder that the .mtl file mentions.

The only file I see missing is the .prk file (which I don't know how to create). Is that why? Any other reasons why this might be happening? Is there a place in the videos that would explain my problem?
rexrowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 04:14 PM   #30
Cole98
Minors (Triple A)

I'm following along with the tutorial, with a few embellishments, and I have run into an issue with the crowd. They appear to be sunken below the face of the seating.

OOTP 16 Dynasty
The North American Game
Cole98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 07:24 PM   #31
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

I'm an idiot...

I'm an idiot. If you're having problems, don't be like me. I wanted to add one of these to a random team in my fictional league before adding one to my own, just to see what it looked like. I added it, adjusted a few things, then went into a game to see if it worked. I was disappointed to see the default stadium greet me. I simmed the day and tried again only to be disappointed with the default stadium yet again. I looked and looked to see what I had done wrong. Then it hit me...

The team I added it to was on a road trip, playing all away games...

I'm an idiot...

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Rosco Peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 11:48 AM   #32
jldante56
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoch View Post
I've spent many months lurking these forums, reading old threads and stealing ideas/being inspired by content here. But I was looking for a model of a football stadium "temporarily" hosting a baseball team and couldn't find one.

So after a lot of doing nothing, I tried doing it myself using these tutorials.

Seriously, it was so much easier to start than I thought it was. I've spent two evenings have already got something almost passable; it has plenty of imperfections but I made it, so I love it.

If you are reading this and umming and aahing about trying, give it a go. The tutorials seem long and scary but they are worth the investment.
Thanks for sharing and great job! I can't wait to get started myself!
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 11:49 AM   #33
jldante56
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
I’ll fix it soon. Don’t know what happened

Silvam - You sir are an OG of OOTP. Thank you for taking the time to create these and share. I can't wait to get started building my own stadiums thanks to you!
jldante56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 12:01 AM   #34
mytreds
All Star Reserve

Thanks for the great videos. I am having trouble finding an OBJ Exporter for Sketchup 2022 though.

Also, when I add the 3D crowds, my field and wall texture go black. Any ideas why that could be? I double checked to see that my field has both sides textured.

“Once, centuries ago, it was the beloved national pastime of the Americas, Wesley. Abandoned by a society that prized fast food and faster games. Lost to impatience.”

“ The term ‘WAR’ should be replaced by ‘WAG’. WAR isn’t an actual measurement; it’s just a wild-ass guess” -Bill James

RIP National League 1876-2022

I make custom ballparks.

Last edited by mytreds; 09-09-2022 at 01:12 AM.
mytreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 08:39 AM   #35
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytreds View Post
Thanks for the great videos. I am having trouble finding an OBJ Exporter for Sketchup 2022 though.

Also, when I add the 3D crowds, my field and wall texture go black. Any ideas why that could be? I double checked to see that my field has both sides textured.

I still use sketchup 2016 so I can’t tell you if the plug-in for that would work in 22.

There could be an issue in the .mtl file which is causing the textures to go black. When you added the 3D crowd, did you modify the .mtl file?

Old 09-09-2022, 01:29 PM   #36
mytreds
All Star Reserve

I'll DM you silvam so I don't clog this thread with troubleshooting.

“Once, centuries ago, it was the beloved national pastime of the Americas, Wesley. Abandoned by a society that prized fast food and faster games. Lost to impatience.”

“ The term ‘WAR’ should be replaced by ‘WAG’. WAR isn’t an actual measurement; it’s just a wild-ass guess” -Bill James

I make custom ballparks.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:40 AM   #37
mytreds
All Star Reserve

Did anyone find/make a tutorial for backgrounds?

Edit: Nevermind, found this, I’m assuming it’ll still apply to todays version of the game.

I make custom ballparks.

Last edited by mytreds; 09-30-2022 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-12-2023, 02:39 AM   #38
cool35
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi
I can't open this link , Is this link still working?
"Download silvam14's Stadium Texture pack"
cool35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:34 AM   #39
EsoDeVulpes
Bat Boy

Can't get diamond into my model

Hey, I'm tying to follow all the tutorials and make my own models, but I'm at the point where I need to put the actual baseball diamond onto the field. Whenever I try to copy and paste it like you do in the video, it doesn't select everything, instead only select one thing at a time. Am I doing something wrong?
EsoDeVulpes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:48 AM   #40
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsoDeVulpes View Post
Hey, I'm tying to follow all the tutorials and make my own models, but I'm at the point where I need to put the actual baseball diamond onto the field. Whenever I try to copy and paste it like you do in the video, it doesn't select everything, instead only select one thing at a time. Am I doing something wrong?
Use CTRL + click to select multiple things. I also find it easier to select what you need and make them into a group. That's easier to move things around. You can explode the group afterwards if you want to ensure all the faces intersect properly.
Flying_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote