Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 03-26-2018, 08:17 AM   #241
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 4th, 1986

Today the Cubs are throwing Mark Ambrose at us. 0-1, 6.75).
The Giants are answering with Willie Fraser (3-1, 3.46).

Neither has faced the other team before.

The Cubs struck first when Mel Hall hit a two run homer in the 1st.

Cubs lead 2-0.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out back to the pitcher.

Chili Davis hit a solo shot that inning to narrow the gap.

Cubs lead 2-1.

I came up in the 2nd with two out and Lee Mazzilli on 3rd. Ambrose walked me. We were left there.

The Cubs struck again in the 4th when Warren Cromartie hit a two-out double to score Cecil Cooper from 1st.

Cubs lead 3-1.

We got one back in the 4th when Chris Brown scored on a passed ball by Chris Hoiles.

Cubs lead 3-2.

I got the 2nd out in the 5th, catching a Ray Knight pop.

I led off the bottom half by wearing an Ambrose change-up, and getting on base the hard way. He paid with my 19th stolen base. I moved to 3rd on a Chili grounder for the 2nd out. I stopped there.

I got the 1st out in the 6th with a nice play on a Shawon Dunston grounder.

In the bottom half Chris Brown smacked a two-run homer, scoring Mike Aldrete, to give us the lead!

Giants lead 4-3.

I handled a Dunston grounder for the 3rd out in the 7th.

I led off the bottom half, now facing Jim Phillips. I grounded out to Cooper at 1st.
After that Robby Thompson walked, setting Rob Deer up for a two-run blast.

Giants lead 6-3.

During the 8th, Fraser and Chris Brown left in a double with for John Rabb at 3rd and Scott Garrelts on the mound.

I came up in the bottom frame, facing Dennis Lamp with two out. I legged out an infield hit to Cooper. Stolen base #20 despite a pitchout. I then scored on a Robby Thompson single.

Giants lead 7-3.

I got the 2nd out in the 9th, taking a Knight grounder. Mel Hall singled home Gary Jones for a run before Dunston grounded out to me again to end it and give us the 7-4 win.

I went 1 for 3 with a walk and two stolen bases.

We maintained a half game lead not he Reds, while the Dodgers are falling back.

We found out after that Bill Laskey had a sore shoulder that was sending him to the D.L. for a spell.

Curt Brown was called up from AAA. I like Curt. Nice guy.

Tomorrow is a travel day. We are heading to Pittsburgh.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:46 PM   #242
Matt Uk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
It is actually me.

Kind of.

It is me as FaceGen has de-aged me.

It look likes you had a hard paper round.

Just realised how long this thread has been going!

Last edited by Matt Uk; 03-26-2018 at 07:47 PM.
Matt Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:53 AM   #243
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 6th, 1986

We are in Pittsburgh to face Jose DeLeon (1-2, 3.23) and the Pirates.

The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (1-1, 6.67).

I have gone 4 for 13 vs Deleon!

I kicked off the game by by wearing a DeLeon slider. The fix is in!
I tried to steal 2nd but Tony Pena beat me on a pitchout.

In the bottom of the inning I started a nice Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to erase Ozzie Smith and Keith Moreland. I then handled a Johnny Ray grounder for the 3rd out.

We opened the scoring in the 2nd when DeLeon thumped Bob Brenly and gave ups double to Kenny Oberkfell, scoring Bob.
I came up with two out and Kenny still on 2nd. I struck out.

Giants lead 1-0.

The 2nd also brought us another double play - this time the Thompson - Priske - Aldrete variety, getting Kirk Gibson and Pena out.

In the 3rd I caught a DeLeon pop for the 2nd out.

In the 4th I came up with two out and Kenny O on 1st. I grounded out to Ray at 2nd.

We got another Thompson - Priske - Alredete double play in the 4th but this time the bases were loaded and Keith Moreland scored on the play.

Game tied 1-1.

In the 5th we got yet another Thompson - Priske - Aldrete d.p., getting Big Roberts and Jason Thompson out. It was starting to rain a little. Hopefully it does not get any worse.

It only lasted for about half an inning.

I came up in the 7th with one out and Mulholland on 1st. Bruce Sutter came in to face me. I singled to right, moving Terry to 2nd. Mike Aldrete did the same but Gibson had trouble with the ball out there and we got an extra base on his error. Terry scored and I was on 3rd. Sutter struck out Chili Davis and Rob Deer to get out of the jam.

Giants lead 2-1.

The rain came back and we ended up having to wait out an 18 minute delay in the 8th. It was a tough inning for Terry, culminating in a two run double for Ray, scoring Thompson and Moreland.

Pirates lead 3-2.

I came up in the 9th with one out and the potential tying run in the form of pinch hitter Chris Brown, on 2nd. I struck out.

We were unable to get that last run.

We are now 18-9. We now trail the Reds by a half game.

I went 1 for 3 with a single and a walk. I was also involved in FOUR double plays.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:39 AM   #244
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 7th, 1986

Today Eric King (3-1, 2.67) is pitching for us.

The Pirates are sending up Dennis Martinez (1-2, 2.55).

I have yet to face El Presidente, who was in the other league last year.

I kicked off the game by working a walk. I didn't get to stay on the paths long as Mike Aldrete hit into a fielder's choice on the first pitch.

I caught an Ozzie Smith liner for the 2nd out in the bottom half.

In the 2nd I came up with two out and Kenny Oberkfell on 3rd and Robby Thompson on 1st. I grounded out to Jason Thompson at 1st.

In the 3rd I started a Priske - Thompson - Aldrete double play to get Martinez and Ozzie out.

I led off the 5th by striking out.

Mark Davis took over for us in the 7th, after Eric was lifted for a pinch hitter.

I led off the 8th, now facing Jim Winn, as Martinez was also lifted for a pinch hitter.
I flew out to Kirk Gibson in right.
We finally opened the scoring that frame as Steve Stanicek doubled, scoring Mike Aldrete and Chili Davis.

Giants lead 2-0.

The Pirates also broke their goose-egg that inning. Johnny Ray singled home Bip Roberts from 2nd.

Giants lead 2-1.

I came up in the 9th, facing Bruce Sutter, with two out. I blasted one to deep centre which I legged out for a triple! I did not score.

Scott Garrelts took the mound to try and close it out. He allowed a two out infield single, but that was all.

Giants win 2-1!

I went 1 for 4 with a triple and a walk.

We are 19-9 and still trail the Reds by a half game.

Old 03-31-2018, 10:11 AM   #245
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 8th, 1986

Today the Giants are going with Dennis Eckersley (4-1, 1.80).

The Pirates are pitching Chuck Rainey (2-2, 5.04).

I have gone 3 for 10 vs Chuck.

I led off the game by walking for the second straight day.
Mike Aldrete singles, moving me to 2nd. Then Chili Davis singles and we are loaded with none out. Rob Deer is next and he JUST misses a grand slam, but he does triple, scoring the three of us.

Rainey left the game after that. Apparently he was having shoulder troubles.

Giants lead 3-0.

Maybe there is something in the air as Ozzie Smith tripled home Bid Roberts in the bottom half and then scores on a Johnny Ray sac fly. I took a Keith Moreland grounder for the 3rd out.

Giants lead 3-2.

I came up int he 2nd with one out and Eck on 1st. Aaron Carlie was pitching. He struck me out.

I led off the 4th, now facing Dan Spillner. I grounded out to Jason Thompson at 1st.

I got the 3rd out in the bottom half, off a Tony Pena grounder, with the potential tying run at 3rd.

I led off the 7th with Gary Lavelle pitching. I grounded out to Johnny Ray at 2nd.

The Pirates tied things up in the bottom half when Tony Pena hit a solo homer.
Pat Perry and Tom O'Malley came in on a double switch, with Aldrete leaving.

Game tied 3-3.

I came up in the 8th with Bruce Sutter pitching, one out, and Robby Thompson and Tom O'Malley on 2nd and 1st, respectively. On the 1st pitch they pulled off a nice double steal, to put them both in scoring position. I grounded out to Ray at 2nd, unable to push a run across.
Chris Brown pinch hit for Perry and did what I could not, singled home both runs.

Giants lead 5-3.

Scott Garrelts took the mound int he bottom of the 8th. He got the six outs he needed, including a groundout to me by Denny Gonzalez to end things.

Giants won 5-3.

We are now 20-9. The Reds also won.

I went 0 for 4 with a walk and a run.

We are off to St. Louis!

Old 04-02-2018, 09:48 AM   #246
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 9th, 1987

We are in St. Louis to face Danny Cox (3-1, 3.15) and the Cardinals.
The Giants are going with Bruce Ruffin (3-0, 2.13).

I am 5 for 13 vs Cox!

I kick off the game by striking out.

I led off the 4th by grounding out to Jose Uribe at short.

I got the 1st out in the bottom frame, nabbing a Terry Pendleton liner with a man on 3rd. Oddibe McDowell scored on the next play - a sac fly by Mark Salas. Later Andy Van Slyke scores on a Bruce Bochte double. Bochte scores on a single by Cox.

Cardinals lead 3-0.

I came up in the 6th with two out and singled into short right centre. I quickly grabbed stolen base #24 but was left at 2nd.

We got right back in it with a big 7th. It all happened with two out. First Steve Stanicek singled. Bob Brenly was hit by a pitch and then Kenny Oberkfell doubled, scoring Steve. Robby Thompson singled, scoring both Brenly and Kenny O.

Game tied 3-3.

I got the 1st out in the bottom half off a Vince Coleman pop up. Still with one out, the Cards loaded the bases and Nestor gave Bruce the hook. Mark Davis came in to try and stop them there.
He couldn't. After a tough at bat, Van Slyke walked, pushing pinch hitter Juan Bonilla across. Then Terry Pendleton smacked a three-run double. After a stolen base, Pendleton scored on a Salas sac fly. I got the last out, throwing out Uribe on a grounder, but the damage was done.

Cardinals lead 8-3.

I led off the 8th, now facing John Stuper. I popped out to Tommy Herr at 2nd.

Mark gave way to Curt Brown in the 8th.

We were not able to make up any ground and lost 8-3.

I went 1 for 4 with a stolen base.

We were now 20-10. The Reds also lost so we still trailed by a half game.

Old 04-04-2018, 07:56 AM   #247
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 10th, 1986

Today the Giants are pitching Willie Fraser (4-1, 3.54) and the Cardinals have Mike Schooler (2-1, 5.79) in a battle of rookies.

I have never faced Schooler.

I led off the game by grounding out to Jose Uribe at short.

I came up in the 3rd with one out and Fraser on 1st. I worked a walk. Then Mike Aldrete walked to load the bases. Chili Davis hit a sac fly, scoring Willie. I went to 3rd. Rob Deer walked to re-load the bags. We were left like that.

Giants lead 1-0.

It didn't take long for the Cards to even it back up as Bruch Bochte singled home Vince Coleman from 2nd in the bottom of the 3rd. Then Bochte scored from 2nd on a Terry Pendleton single.

Cardinals lead 2-1.

Things got worse in the 4th as Uribe tripled with Mark Salas and Tom Herr on base. I held him at 3rd when handling a Schooler ground ball for the 1st out. In fact, we held him there completely, but the damage was done.

Cardinals lead 4-1.

I led off the 5th by taking another walk. Then came stolen base #25, on a pitchout. Mike Aldrete got out firs this of the game, a single, and I scored. He was later doubled home by Steve Stanicek.

Cardinals lead 4-3.

I led off the 7th by grounding out right back to Schooler.

Pendleton led off the bottom frame by hitting a solo shot. Pat Perry relieved Willie that inning.

Cardinals lead 5-3.

Jeff Robinson came in to pitch the 8th. I got the first out for him, grabbing a Coleman pop.

I led off the 9th, now facing Todd Worrell. I grounded out to the pitcher for the 2nd straight time.

We lost, 5-3.

I went 0 for 3 with two walks, a run, and a stolen base.

We are now 20-11 and trail the Reds by 1.5 games.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:59 AM   #248
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 11th, 1986

Today the Cardinals are pitching Bob Kipper (2-3, 4.71).
The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (1-2, 5.97).

Kipper is a rookie. I have never faced him.

I led off the game by grounding out to Tommy Herr at 2nd.
Ben Oglivie came up behind me and hit a solo homer.

Giants lead 1-0.

I made the 2nd out of the bottom half, on a turnabout play, throwing out Herr.

I also got the 2nd out in the 2nd, off a Terry Pendleton grounder.

I led off the 3rd by whiffing on a Kipper cutter.

I got the 2nd out in the 4th, catching an Oddibe McDowell pop. The Cards tied it up that inning when Jose Uribe singled home Andy Van Slyke with two outs.

Game tied 1-1.

I came up in the 5th with two out and struck out again.

Woof. My batting average is back down to .194

In the 8th Steve Stanicek pinch hit for Kenny Oberkfell (who is hitting worse than even me), and it paid off with a solo homer!
I came up with one out and Kipper struck me out for the third straight time! He has my number!

Giants lead 2-1.

Scott Garrelts took over pitching duties for us that inning. I got him the 1st out, taking a Vince Coleman grounder.
I was in a collision at 2nd when pinch runner Jim Reboulet barrelled into me to break up a double play. It was painful, but I shook it off.

Scott did the job for the save and we won 2-1!

Wow, I am in a slump!

We are at 21-11 and still trail the Reds by 1.5.

The team made a change on our off day. Curt Brown was sent back to AAA (after only facing one batter, and getting him out). They called up a pitcher named Randy Bockus. He is a 25 year old rookie, who wasn't tearing it up.
Randy seems like a smart guy and he is going in the rotation over Willie Fraser.

We are off to Chicago!

Old 04-09-2018, 07:18 AM   #249
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 13th, 1986

We are in Chicago!

The Cubs are pitching Bill Swift (0-5, 3.68).
The Giants have Deenis Eckersley (4-1, 2.12).

I am 1 for 4 vs Swift.

I lead off the game by taking a walk. I move up to 2nd on a Mike Aldrete ground out. I pick up stolen base #26 going to 3rd. I score on a Chili Davis single. Rob Deer follows with a home run. Before the inning is up, Lee Mazzilli singles, scoring Robby Thompson.

Giants lead 4-0.

I make the first out of the bottom half, off a great play on a Billy Hatcher grounder.

I come up in the 2nd with one out and ground out to Swift.

In the 3rd Chili crosses on a Kenny Oberkfell single.

Giants lead 5-0.

I come up in the 4th with one out and single into right. I quickly get stolen base #27 AND #28. I score on an Aldrete sac fly.

Giants lead 6-0.

I come up in the 6th with two out and Mazzilli on 1st. Scott Bailes is now pitching. I am left standing there as Lee is throw out trying to steal 2nd.

In the bottom half Hatcher smacks a solo shot to put the Cubs on the board.
We got Dave Owen out in a sweet Mazzilli - Oberkfell - Thompson - Priske run down.

Giants lead 6-1.

I led off the 7th by flying out to Hatcher in centre.
Before the inning was up, Robby Thompson smacked a Grand Slam!

Giants lead 10-1.

Willie Fraser took over for Eck in the bottom half.

I came up in the 8th with two out and grounded out to Ray Knight at 3rd.

Pat Perry came in to pitch the 8th.

In the 9th Robby hit his 2nd home run of the game. This time it was a two-run shot.

Giants lead 12-1.

Pat allowed a couple of hits in the bottom half, but no runs and we had the decisive win!

We are 22-11!

We trail eh Reds by one game.

I went 1 for 4 with a walk, 2 runs scored, and 3 stolen bases.

Robby was named Player of the Day, across both leagues, by the media!

Old 04-11-2018, 10:55 PM   #250
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 14th, 1986

Today the Giants are pitching Bruce Ruffin (3-1, 3.05).
The Cubs are pitching Greg Maddux (3-2, 4.00).

I have only gone 0 for 2 vs Maddux.

I kicked off the game by... HITTING MY FIRST HOME RUN OF THE SEASON! WOO-HOO!!

Before the inning was up, Mike Aldrete scored on a Rob Deer sac fly.

Giants lead 2-0.

I got the 2nd out of the bottom half, off a Mel Hall grounder. (scum bag...)

I then got the 1st out in the 2nd off a Jody Davis grounder. I then got the 2nd out by snatching a Warren Cromartie liner.

I led off the 3rd by working a walk. I moved to 2nd on an Aldrete single. I picked up stolen base #29 and scored when Davis threw it away trying to catch me. Aldrete scored on a Deer single.

Giants lead 4-0.

The Cubs got on the board not he home half, when Billy Hatcher scored on a Gary Jones single. Then Jones scored on a Hall double. Ray Knight scored on a Shawon Dunston ground out. Hall scored on a Cecil Cooper ground out.

Game tied 4-4.

I came up in the 4th with two out and singled through the right side. I got no further.

In the bottom half I got the 2nd out on a Hatcher grounder.

Oh no! Robby Thompson led off the 6th and took a Greg Madddux fastball to the head! He had to be taken from the field! John Rabb took his spot, but there are some Giants who want a piece of Maddux!

Ben Oglivie pinch hit for Ruffin and hit into a double play so I came up with two out and nobody on. I grounded out to Knight at 3rd.

Frank Williams relieved for us. I got him the 1st out off a Dave Martinez grounder, who was pinch hitting for Maddux. Getting him out of the game was probably safest.

In the bottom of the 7th I started a Priske - Rabb - Aldrete double play to get Knight and Hall.

I came up in the 8th with two out, Rabb on 2nd, and pinch hitter Chris Brown on 1st. Aurelio Lopez was pitching. I grounded out to Dunston at short.

Jeff Robinson took over for us after that. Davis scored on a pinch hitter Marvell Wynne's sac fly. I grabbed a Hatcher liner to end the inning.

Cubs lead 5-4.

Things looked bad but in the top of the 9th, Rob Deer doubled home Aldrete and Child Davis to give us the lead!

Giants lead 6-5.

Scott Garrelts came it to close out the game. He walked the first batter he faced but handled the next three to give us the win!

We are 23-11.

Big day for me, going 2 for 4 with a home run!

But the big news is Robby. We have to wait and find out how scrambled his noodles are.

Tomorrow is a travel day and then we are home to face the Phillies... and apparently we are facing Greg Maddux's brother.

Last edited by rpriske; 04-11-2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #251
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 16th, 1986

We are facing the Phillies and Mike Maddux (1-0, 0.00.)
The Giants are pitching Eric King (3-1, 2.18).

Yesterday, Maddux's brother Greg beaned Robby Thompson and he is out on concussion watch.

We'll see if anything gets funky...

The Phils struck first as Chris James hit a one-out solo bomb.

Phillies lead 1-0.

I led off the home half by lining out to Tim Raines in left.

I came up next in the 3rd, with two out, and grounded out to Rick Schu at short.

Philadelphia struck again in the 4th when a single by Mike Schmidt scored James from 2nd.

Phillies lead 2-0.

I made my first defensive play in the 5th, handling a Juan Samuel grounder for the 2nd out.

Pat Perry relieved for King in the 6th, as Tom O'Malley replaced Kenny Oberkfell in a double switch. We got out of the inning with a Priske - Rabb - Aldrete double play to get Von Hayes and John Russell.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and grounded out to Schmidt at 1st... but no! Maddux dropped the ball when trying to take the throw! Safe on error. That was followed by stolen base #30. Worth two out, Chili Davis tied the game with a right field blast!

Game tied 2-2.

I made the 2nd out in the 7th, taking a Schu grounder.

Jeff Robinson relieved in the 8th, after Perry was lifted for a pinch hitter.
I got him the 1st out, handling a Samuel grounder. Things went bad after that, including James scoring after Jeff was called for a balk. Both Raines and Schmidt scored on a Russell single.
Mark Davis relieved after that.
He did no better right away as Jim Dwyer singled home Hayes from 2nd.

We finished the inning with a Priske - Wellman - Aldrete double play.
(Brad Wellman had come in for Rabb last inning after John was lifted for a pinch hit appearance by Ben Oglivie.)

Phillies lead 6-2.

I came up with one out in the bottom half, now facing Bill Dawley. I popped out to Samuel at 2nd.

We couldn't get those runs back and lost 6-2.

We are now 23-12.

I picked up a run and a stolen base, but went 0 for 4. I'm back below .200

Still no word about Robby.

Last edited by rpriske; 04-16-2018 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:07 AM   #252
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 17th, 1986

Today the Phillies are pitching Charles Hudson (5-1, 3.83).
The Giants are answering with Terry Mulholland (2-2, 5.24).

I have done well vs Hudson, going 4 for 6.

I get into the action early, taking a Jeff Stone grounder for the 2nd out.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Juan Samuel at 2nd.

I came up next in the 3rd, with one out, and reached on an error by Rick Schu. My speed caused him to rush it! I picked up stolen base #31! I was left on 2nd.

I got the 2nd out in the 6th, handling a Mike Schmidt grounder.

I led off the bottom half by sneaking own through the right side for a single. I picked up stolen base #32 AND went to 3rd on an error when Darren Daulton tried to catch me stealing. That led to the first run of the game when Mike Aldrete singled, allowing me to cross!

Giants lead 1-0.

Mark Davis relieved for Terry in the 7th.

We struck again in the bottom half when Lee Mazzilli scored on a Steve Stanicek pinch-hit sac fly. I came up with two out and pinch hitter Ben Oglivie on 1st. I dropped another one into right field, moving Ben to 2nd. We loaded them up with Schu booted Aldrete's grounder. Chili Davis then singled and both Ben and I scored.

Giants lead 4-0.

Jeff Robinson came into pitch the 8th, and Brad Wellman replaced John Rabb at 2nd.

In the 8th I started a nice Priske-Wellman-Aldrete double play to get Tim Raines and Mike Schmidt out. The Phillies got on the board that inning when Schu doubled, scoring Von Hayes from 1st.

Giants lead 4-1.

Scott Garrelts came it to close thing out in the 9th. He gave up a single, but that was all, as Scott earned his league-leading 12th save.

We won 4-1, and were now 24-12. We passed the Reds into 1st place in the NL West!

I went 2 for 4 with 2 stolen bases and 2 runs scored!

After the game we got the word... Robby Thompson was definitely suffering from a concussion, but it wasn't TOO bad. He is expected to miss only two weeks.

They called up Larry Arndt from Shreveport. He has never played above AA before. He was hitting pretty well down there, though.

Last edited by rpriske; 04-22-2018 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:16 AM   #253
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 18th, 1986

Today the Phillies are pitching Kevin Gross (1-3, 4.10).
The Giants are going with Dennis Eckersley (5-1, 2.02).

I have gone 1 for 8 vs Gross.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by grounding out to Juan Samuel at 2nd.

I next came up with two out in the 3rd and hit a liner into right centre for the first hit for us of the day. I then picked up stolen base #33, despite running on a pitchout. I moved to 3rd when Chris Brown reached on an error to Mike Schmidt. Chili Davis then doubled, scoring both of us. (Chili has hit in 15 straight!)

Giants lead 2-0.

In the 4th I was pivot on a nice Oberkfell - Priske - Aldrete double play to get Schmidt and Von Hayes.I then caught a Craig Reynolds popup for the 3rd out.

I also handled the 3rd out in the 5th, taking a Gross grounder.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Schmidt at 3rd.

In the 7th I handled a Cliff Johnson grounder for the 2nd out.

I came up in the bottom half with two out and now facing Steve Howe. I hit one up the middle for a single. Next came stolen base #34. I was left on 2nd.

Eck was lifted for a pinch hitter that inning so Scott Garrelts came in to pitch in the 8th. Things didn't go quite as well for him as Darren Daulton hit a solo home run.

Giants lead 2-1.

I got him the 2nd out in the 9th, taking a Hayes grounder. Scott did the rest and we had the 2-1 win!

Great day for me! 2 for 4 with 2 stolen bases and a run scored!

On our off-day Bill Laskey was activated from the D.L. and Curt Brown was sent back to AAA.

Then the Mets are in town!

Last edited by rpriske; 04-24-2018 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #254
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 20th, 1986

The Mets are in town for an afternoon game. They are pitching Dwight Gooden (3-3, 3.50).
The Giants have Bruce Ruffin (3-1, 3.47).

I have gone 2 for 11 vs Gooden.

I led off the home half of the 1st by flying out to Darryl Strawberry in right.

In the 3rd I started a nice Priske - Oberkfell - Deer double play to get Dave Cochrane and Randy Milligan.

I came up that inning with two out and grounded out to Hubie Brooks at short.

Same situation in the 6th only this time I grounded out to Ken Phelps at 1st.

In the 7th we finally out a notch in this pitcher's duel as Rob Deer managed a solo home run off Gooden.

Giants lead 1-0.

And that was it! Bruce pitched a 4-hit shutout, striking out 9!

We are now 26-12!

No hits for me that game, but it was that kind of game.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:48 PM   #255
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 21st, 1986

Today the Mets are pitching Sid Fernandez (1-3, 3.94).
The Giants have Eric King (3-1, 2.35).

I have gone 2 for 10 vs Sid.

I led off the bottom of the 1st by flying out to Darryl Strawberry in right.
Wes truck that inning, as both Chris Brown and Child Davis scored on a Mike Aldrete double.

Giants lead 2-0.

I came up in the 2nd with one out and Kenny Oberkfell on 3rd and Lee Mazzilli on 2nd. I struck out.

In the 3rd the Mets pushed Alfredo Griffin across on a Hubie Brooks double.

Giants lead 2-1.

In the 4th Mazzilli doubled. scoring Bob Brenly from 3rd. I came up with two out and Lee on 3rd. I grounded out to Joe Redfield at 3rd.

Giants lead 3-1.

Bill Laskey relieved King after two of the first three Mets batters reached in the 5th. (Eric had a high pitch count due to striking out seven.) Bill got us out of it.

In the bottom half we widened the lead when Chili smacked a two-run homer, chasing Sid.

Giants lead 5-1.

I made my first defensive play in the 6th, taking Ken Phelps grounder.

I came up int he bottom half with two out and Laskey on 1st. Rick Aguilera was pitching. I grounded out to Griffin at 2nd.

Jeff Robinson relieved with one out and one on in the 8th. He got out of it before turning it over to Scott Garrelts in the 9th. Scott struggled with his control a bit, walking two, but got the other three out to seal the win.

5-1 Giants!

We are now 27-12.

Bad day for me at the plate. Another one.

After the game Bill Laskey was sent back to Phoenix in favour of Curt Brown. Bill pitched well. I assume this is just to keep the 'pen fresh.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:53 PM   #256
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 22nd, 1986

Today the Mets are pitching Ron Darling (3-2, 2.56).
The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (3-2, 4.59).

I am a mere 1 for 14 vs Darling.

I got in on the action early, taking a Gerald Young grounder for the 2nd out.

I led off the bottom half by whiffing.

The Mets struck first in the 2nd when Hubie Brooks scored on a Joe Redfield sac fly.

Mets lead 1-0.

I got the 3rd out in the 4th, off a Redfield grounder.

I then led off the bottom half by working a walk. I quickly picked up stolen base #35. Chris Brown then walked to the vacated base. Chili Davis then put a Darling pitch over the right field wall for a three-run homer!

Giants lead 3-1!

I came up the next inning with two out and Kenny Oberkfell on 2nd. I walked again. We were both left on base.

One out into the 6th, Terry was lifted for Pat Perry.

In the bottom half Rob Deer hit a solo shot to widen our lead.

Giants lead 4-1.

I got the 2nd out in the 7th, off a nice play on a Redfield grounder.

Mark Davis took over in relief for us in the 8th. I got the 1st out for him, off a grounder by Alfredo Griffin.

I led off the bottom half, now facing Rick Aguilera. I struck out.

After mark gave up hits to the first two batters in the 9th, Scott Garrelts came in to try to shut things down. Pop-out. Strikeout. Flyout. Game.

We win 4-1!

I struck out twice but I also walked twice, stole a base, and scored a run, along with good defensive chops.

We have now won five straight and are 28-12.

Tomorrow the Expos are in town!

Old 05-13-2018, 01:45 AM   #257
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 23rd, 1986

This afternoon we face the Expos. They are pitching Scott Bankhead (2-5, 4.56).
The Giants are going with Dennis Eckersley (6-1, 1.79).

None of us have ever faced the rookie, Bankhead.

Montreal struck first when Danny Heep scored on a Tim Flannery single in the 1st.

Expos lead 1-0.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out to Chris Speier at 3rd.

In the bottom of the 2nd Mike Aldrete launched a two-run homer to give us the lead.

Giants lead 2-1.

In the 3rd I was pivot on an Oberkfell - Priske - Deer double play to get Help and Leon Durham out.

I came up in the bottom half with none out and Eck on 1st. I hit it to Speier again and this time I was doubled up.

I got the 1st out in the 4th, taking a Flannery grounder.

Back to back doubles by Kenny Oberkfell and Lee Mazzilli notched a run for us in the 5th. I came up with Lee on 2nd and 2 out. I wore a Bankhead change-up and was awarded 1st. Chris Brown tripled behind us, plating two.

Giants lead 5-1.

In the 7th I came up with two out and Lee on 1st. Bryan Clutterbuck was pitching. I hit one deep to left but Heep was there to catch it.

Thomas Howard led off the 8th by hitting a solo homer off Eck. After Heep walked, Nestor turned to Mark Davis in relief. I took a Mike Heath grounder to get him the 3rd out with no more damage done.

Giants lead 5-2.

In the 9th Mark got one out and allowed two runners before Nestor turned to Jeff Robinson. He struck out Howard and then Heep grounded out to me to end it.

We won for the 6th straight game!

I turned in another Ofer and am hitting under .200.

Atlee Hammaker was moved to the 60-day. They say he will be back in a week or two, but I guess there was a roster crunch. Robby Thompson will be back around the same time, and Mark Grant will be sooner.

Old 05-15-2018, 11:54 PM   #258
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 24th, 1986

Today the Expos are pitching Steve Ellsworth (3-0, 2.67).
The Giants are going with Willie Fraser (4-2, 4.33).

Ellsworth has four career appearances, none against us.

I led off the home half by grounding one back to the pitcher, but I managed to outrun the play and grab an infield single. Unfortunately, Chris Brown hit into a double play.

I got the 3rd out in the 2nd, handling a Mike Heath grounder.

In the bottom half Lee Mazzilli led off with a single and then scored on a Ben Oglivie double.
I came up with two out and Oglivie on 3rd, but I flew out to right.

Giants lead 1-0.

Montreal tied things up in the 3rd when Thomas Howard doubled home Chris Speier from 1st. Then Danny Heep doubled, giving the Expos the lead.

Expos lead 2-1.

They struck again in the 4th when Dwight Evans hit a lead-off homer.

Expos lead 3-1.

In the bottom half, Oglivie and Kenny Oberkfell walked to open things up and then Ben scored on a Fraser sac fly. I came up with Kenny O on 2nd and two out. I singled to right but Kenny was thrown out trying to score.

Expos lead 3-2.

I made the 2nd out in the 6th, taking a Tim Flannery grounder.

We tied it up int he bottom half when Kenny O doubled home Oglivie. Kenny was still on 2nd when I came up with two out. I grounded out on a little squib that catcher Heath took care of.

Game tied 3-3.

Jeff Robinson relieved after Willie walked Heep with one out. He got out of the inning unscathed.

Nestor went with Scott Garrelts in the 9th. He got through his three batters.

I came up with two out in the bottom half, now facing Larry Anderson. I struck out.

Both Scotty and Bob Brenly left for a pinch hitter that inning, so Pat Perry and John Rabb became the new battery in the 10th. Things don't go well for Pat as he give sup the lead on a Dwight Evans double, scoring pinch-hitter Pat Tabler. As if they weren't enough, he then gives up a Grand Slam to Mike Heath.
Curt Brown takes over on the mound after that.
Curt does no better, walking Tom Foley and then giving up a two-run blast to Speier.

Expos lead 10-3!

And we could not come back from that. Ugly.

I went 2 for 5. That's not nothing.

We are 29-13.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:09 AM   #259
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 25th, 1986

Today the Expos are pitching David Palmer (3-2, 4.42).
The Giants are going with Bruce Ruffin (4-1, 2.93).

I have gone 1 for 5 vs Palmer.

Bruce allowed a couple of baserunners in the 1st but got out of it.

I led off the bottom half by grounding out back to Palmer.

Montreal got on the board in the 2nd when Thomas Howard hit a two-out double to score Tom Foley and Razor Shines. I took a Danny Heep grounder to end the threat.

Expos lead 2-0.

We got back in the bottom frame. First Mike Aldrete Scored on a Scott Bradley sac fly. I came up with two out and Lee Mazzilli on 2nd and Kenny Oberkfell on 1st. I singled, loading the bases. Palmer uncorked a wild pitch, letting Lee score. Chris Brown flew out.

Game tied 2-2.

In the 4th I started a Priske - Oberkfell - Deer double play to get Foley and Shines.

I got the last out in the 5th off a Heep pop up.

I came up in the bottom half with one out and whiffed.

Frank Williams took over mound duties for us in the 7th.

I came up in the home half with two out and now facing Bob Shirley. I grounded out to Chris Speier at 2nd.

Pat Perry took over pitching after Frank was lifted for a pinch hitter.
I got him his 1st out, off a Howard grounder. I then got the 3rd out with the same from Dwight Evans.

Scott Garrelts came in for the 9th. Things did not go our way as Pat Tabler scored on a Foley sac fly.

Expos lead 3-2.

When all seemed bleak, we scored in the bottom half when Bradley doubled home Mazzilli from 1st.

Game tied 3-3. Extra innings!

Curt Brown took the mound for us in the 10th. He allowed a hit, bu that was all.

I led off the bottom half, facing Jeff Reardon who had blown the save in the 9th. I fouled out to Larry Parrish at 3rd.

The Expos got a couple of hits on only one out so Nestor pulled Curt for Jeff Robinson. He pitched out of the jam.

We made some hay in the bottom half, that included lifting Kenny O for a pinch runner - Keith Smith - and Robinson for a pinch hitter - Bob Bradley - but were unable to score.

Keith stayed in at 2nd and Mark Davis took over on the mound as we entered the 12th.
Mark got his three batters.

I led off the bottom half, now facing Andy McGaffigan. I flew out to Evans in right.

Speaking of Dwight Evans, he hit a solo homer to lead off the 13th. Mark was clearly labouring. Eventually he walked pinch hitter Mike Heath with the bases loaded for another run. He was literally the last arm in the 'pen. I got a Howard grounder to end it.

Expos lead 5-3.

We couldn't get it back and lost.

We are now 29-14. We lead the Reds by only a half game.

I went a disappointing 1 for 6.

Tomorrow is a travel day, and we are off to Philadelphia. At least the 'pen can rest.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:09 AM   #260
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

May 27th, 1986

We are in Philadelphia to face Charles Hudson (6-2, 3.27) and the Phillies.

The Giants are pitching Terry Muholland (4-2, 4.31).

I have done pretty well against Hudson, going 5 for 9.

I kicked off the game by striking out, but then making it to 1st when catcher Darren Daulton lost the passed ball.
I took advantage by grabbing stolen base #36. I then moved to 3rd on a Chris Brown groundout. Chili Davis flied out and I scored on the sac.

Giants lead 1-0.

I got the 1st out in the bottom half, taking a Mike Schmidt grounder. Unfortunately, Tim Raines scored on the play. It got worse as Craig Reynolds doubled home Juan Samuel and Von Hayes.

Phillies lead 3-1.

We got one back in the 2nd when Mike Aldrete scored on a Kenny Oberkfell sac fly.

Phillies lead 3-2.

They got the lead right back when Samuel hit a sac fly int he bottom half, to score Daulton. I got Schmidt for the 3rd out.

Phillies lead 4-2.

I led off the 3rd by striking out again.

In the bottom half I caught a Cliff Johnson pop for the 2nd out.

The 4th went out way. Aldrete walked with one out. Then Bob Brenly doubled, moving Mike to 3rd. They struck out Kenny O and then gave Lee Mazzilli an intentional walk to face Mulholland with two out. Terry showed them as he ripped a single, scoring Mike and Bob! Then I came up and singled, scoring Lee from 2nd!

Giants lead 5-4.

Then, in the bottom frame, the Phils snatched the lead back when Tim Raines hit a two run blast, scoring Daulton.

Phillies lead 6-5.

I got the 1st out in the bottom of the 5th, taking a Hayes grounder.

I came up in the 7th, with one out, now facing Bill Dawley. I singled through the left side. Then came stolen base #37. I moved to 3rd on a Brown groundout. I was stopped there.

Frank Williams took the mound for us in the bottom half.

I came up in the 9th with one out and Lee Mazzilli on 2nd. Willie Hernandez was pitching. I reached on an infield hit, moving Lee to 3rd. But then, I did the worst thing - I was thrown out trying to steal 2nd.

We lost 6-5.

I haf a strong day, going 3 for 5 with an RBI, run scored, and two stolen bases, but it was all erased by a bone-headed running error in the 9th that cost us the game.

Our 3rd loss in a row means we now trail the Reds by a full game.

After the game Mark Grant was activated from the D.L. and sent to Phoenix.