Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:41 PM   #1
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

My ENTIRE pitching staff is worn out!

I am the GM of the Royals and I can't get a rejuvenated staff! I made some offseason moves picking up Lance McCullers, Trevor May, Cody Allen, Luis Castillo and a couple of other to improve the Royals staff and they are ALL getting shellacked! In the last seven games, the staff has given up 8,7,22,8,9,6 and 8 runs!!! My starters get rocked, then Yost changes pitchers and they get rocked and it doesn't end. My ENTIRE staff is either Exhausted or Tired. Every. Single. One.
Now I know the Royals staff is terrible and has been, but this is beyond ridiculous! Is there a way to solve this? Every single pitcher I have is worn out. So, if they keep getting roasted, how are they supposed to get rest?
I am beyond frustrated!
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 07:44 PM   #2
CBeisbol
Banned

Im sorry that your teams sometimes face adversity
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 07:58 PM   #3
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

OK. That reply was kinda sharp.

I'm not whining about adversity. What I'm saying is if the entire staff keeps getting shelled and used, they wont ever get rested. I will keep going game to game to game to game to game with a tired overworked staff. You cant tell me this happens in the real MLB 'cause it doesn't. Not every single pitcher / entire staff. Every. Single. One.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:40 PM   #4
moore4807
All Star Starter

A few questions

Ok lets look at this phenomenon logically.

First five "W" question is When?You need to provide a little more backstory to this - is this from game #1 of the season? is it after a trade or change of settings perhaps? What happened prior to this season or episode here?

Second "W" is What - are they all Royals starters for example, or is it every pitcher on the staff? Real life MLB has had some similar instances in the past.

Their answer was waiving your SP for the three days (obviously picking your worst/ highest paid SP) and substituting "Farm Boys" from AAA/AA up to take the shellacking for the regulars then demoting them once their turn in the rotation is done. One other suggestion is going into the strategy section and manually putting pitch counts on the pitcher - not every manager will do it because of their "personality" but its a thought.

I generally keep my pitchers on a 95 pitch count to avoid overuse and injury since stamina in the game setting is set to low and can't be changed if you use the Challenge mode. Have you thought of extending your pitchers to six starters to lengthen the rest periods? Or picking up an extra pitcher and dropping a position player until this problem resolves itself?

Where? - look at other teams in your league, check out if their pitchers are having the same problems. NO that would indicate it's something you did managing your team, YES means its a global setting problem.

Who? - look at your SP, are they 50 level stamina? 70? you may need to carry a couple of long relievers on your staff for those days. If you have only 15 -20 stamina for ALL your relievers then this kinda makes sense if you don't change your outlook here..

All I have for a starting point to fix your problem... let us know how it works out - or doesn't

Last edited by moore4807; 04-27-2020 at 09:48 PM. Reason: wrong word for waiving
moore4807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 10:40 PM   #5
moore4807
All Star Starter

Found identical problem in AI team!

I'm playing in the Historical simulation and just started a Pittsburgh Pirates franchise in 2019 (OOTP20) My first month I get to a 3 game series with the S.F. Giants and guess what - ZERO rested relievers and the starters are getting shelled too. Lost 1st game, got into their bullpen in 2nd game and had a ten run lead for most of the game, 3rd game same story - their bullpen couldn't hold a lead and I went right by them again beating on their bullpen for 7 of the 9 runs... sounds familiar?
Attached Images
Old 04-30-2020, 09:20 PM   #6
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

Ok...check this out...

I am GM of the Royals and kept Ned Yost as manager and hired John Farrell as my bench coach. The first 18 games of the season Ned went 4-14 and my pitching staff was GASSED. I fired Yost, hired Farrell as manager and he has started out 3-0 and the pitching staff is rejuvenated and back to normal.
How 'bout that for pulling the trigger?!
Old 05-01-2020, 03:04 PM   #7
CBeisbol
Banned

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #8
moore4807
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

"After this, therefore because of this" - my translation is "a friendly philosopher is useless"

my favorite is Timendi Causa Est Nescire – ‘The cause of fear is ignorance.’
Old 05-17-2020, 10:17 AM   #9
moore4807
All Star Starter

No surprises here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
Ok...check this out...

I am GM of the Royals and kept Ned Yost as manager and hired John Farrell as my bench coach. The first 18 games of the season Ned went 4-14 and my pitching staff was GASSED. I fired Yost, hired Farrell as manager and he has started out 3-0 and the pitching staff is rejuvenated and back to normal.
How 'bout that for pulling the trigger?!
Congrats! however K.C. has a snakebit reputation - watch the quote "What can go wrong, will go wrong" especially with the best laid plans...
Old 05-17-2020, 11:49 PM   #10
ELDoro
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
OK. That reply was kinda sharp.

I'm not whining about adversity. What I'm saying is if the entire staff keeps getting shelled and used, they wont ever get rested. I will keep going game to game to game to game to game with a tired overworked staff. You cant tell me this happens in the real MLB 'cause it doesn't. Not every single pitcher / entire staff. Every. Single. One.
Um .... it does happen in real baseball lol. You just don't see a stamina bar above their head in real life.

Its sometimes why you see a pitcher or position player demoted for a long reliever to be called up. Pitches a few innings in relief and then immediately gets sent back down even if he pitched well.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:55 AM   #11
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Is there a reason you're not cycling relievers (and rarely, starters) with AAA when the need arrises? If you're jealously protecting service time of your best relieving AAA squad, you can make use of a few AAAA relievers who can eat a few innings at near(ish) replacement-level quality.

Whoever you send down to make room, if you want to make sure they get the rest they need, go into their Player Strategy page and bench them for a couple days. Also check to make sure the AAA squad has a deep enough squad of relievers, or else you'll end up with the same problem on the AAA side.
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:44 PM   #12
Zorian77
Minors (Single A)

You can put in position players to pitch if the game is completely unwinnable and you're manually simulating games. Watching Alex Gordon pitch is always entertaining.
Zorian77 is offline   Reply With Quote