Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball Go 24! > OOTP Go 24 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Go 24 - General Discussions Everything about the latest mobile version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 07-14-2021, 08:24 PM   #161
lenwil
Bat Boy

Thumbs down Upset Over Trades

I have purchased the Mac version of this game annually...in the latter years, you had the ability to add or take back money in trades. This is such a dealbreaker on OOTP Go if you play with a small market team since trades are an additional way to create income. Am I missing something in the menu or is it not there at all?

Just read another player saying the same thing:

The few things that I am missing from the desktop version are:
- Retaining salary in trades. This was such a huge, realistic add-in to the desktop version a few years back. This would be a big one. Any hope that it is going to be added in the near future?

Was looking forward to this being mobile since it was advertised using the same game engine and details.
lenwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 10:03 AM   #162
esb1981
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Lots of Team Reports Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsombill View Post
There are some of the additional reports, but it's not obvious how to get to them. Go to a box score for your team, then tap on the team logo and it will bring up a menu of reports.
This is terrific to know, thank you!! Using this workaround we can access pretty much any team report that is available in the desktop version.
esb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 10:13 AM   #163
Forthegame
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Trades / AI control of lineup

So excited you developed the game for iOS! Been playing it for years on my Mac.

Two questions- will you add a force trade option soon?

And will there be a fix to a small bug I’ve noticed: the AI will adjust my lineup even after I set this responsibility to user.

Thank you!
Forthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 01:35 PM   #164
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forthegame View Post
will you add a force trade option soon?
Commish mode was rejected by the devs for OOTPGO. But many of us want this option!

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:13 PM   #165
JAR66
Bat Boy

Can you play online on mobile?
JAR66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:27 PM   #166
wofjn
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAR66 View Post
Can you play online on mobile?
Only Perfect Team.
wofjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 02:21 PM   #167
Jibby
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is there a way to update the rosters? Or do we have to wait for a patch for that?
Jibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 02:54 AM   #168
OntarioMikeW
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibby View Post
Is there a way to update the rosters? Or do we have to wait for a patch for that?
It's not possible for us to do this as far as I know. We'll need to wait for an official update here
OntarioMikeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 08:28 AM   #169
Jibby
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks Ontario Mike!
Jibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 12:26 AM   #170
Pelican
Hall Of Famer

Disappointing

After toying with rosters and lineups, and getting a feel for the reduced options and limited display, I decided to try a game with the 1977 Season. On my IPad, the tiny players were hard to see. It would be impossible on my phone. The experience is diminished by the lack of pitch location, or batter or pitcher stats or lineups. I guess I’ve been spoiled by the original game, which I totally enjoy. This version lacks the same comprehensive feel. My mind was wandering during the game.

But the real bummer came in the tenth inning of a 1-1 game, when I pulled my pitcher, batting ninth. Since the seven hitter was leading off the next inning, I decided to put the new pitcher in the six-hole, replacing my catcher (who deserved a rest after nine innings behind the plate). That way the new catcher could bat ninth, or third the next inning. The lineup screen enabled me to replace the pitcher with the new catcher. But only position players appear on the lineup screen. To change the pitcher, I have to go to the bullpen screen, and there is no option to change the pitcher’s position in the batting order. After trying several work-around, I closed out the game and filed a bug report. This is a pretty basic piece of functionality that is lacking.

I intend to stick to the original game. At least I didn’t invest anything in the GO version. I can’t recommend it.
Pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 02:51 PM   #171
Pelican
Hall Of Famer

Maybe a Bit Too Harsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
After toying with rosters and lineups, and getting a feel for the reduced options and limited display, I decided to try a game with the 1977 Season. On my IPad, the tiny players were hard to see. It would be impossible on my phone. The experience is diminished by the lack of pitch location, or batter or pitcher stats or lineups. I guess I’ve been spoiled by the original game, which I totally enjoy. This version lacks the same comprehensive feel. My mind was wandering during the game..

I intend to stick to the original game. At least I didn’t invest anything in the GO version. I can’t recommend it.
Okay, that was said in pure frustration. I cooled down, let the replacement catcher pitch to one batter (I should have used pitch-by-pitch mode and thrown a pitchout, then brought in the reliever), got out of the inning, won in 13. But still could not pull off a second double-switch, after coaching from a user responding to the bug report.

I get it that many avid OOTP fans will be stuck in places with only a phone or a tablet, time to kill, wanting to play any version of the game. That won’t be me, much, because I’m (mostly) retired and can’t travel much yet due to the plague. I still treasure the total experience. But I suspect I will find times I’ll be glad to go back to my mini 1977 and 1921 seasons.

Maybe my point (about time!!) is that OOTP GO may not be for everyone. And of course games are not “one size fits all”. I have been totally spoiled by OOTP 21 and 22, and anything less is disappointing. Until I’m stuck in that airport terminal with a cancelled flight. Then, GO rocks!
Old 08-25-2021, 11:06 AM   #172
Lt. Bookman
Minors (Rookie Ball)

First year player draft, on a 2021 season:

- draft order is incorrect EVERY time. How is this not something that can be quickly addressed, fixed, or just correct in the first place? If I’m coming across as rude, it’s because I’ve now seen a thread where this was mentioned months ago, that was never addressed.
Lt. Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 08:04 PM   #173
Lexlogan8
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Save and Quit bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirch10 View Post
Ugh, except the latest update has made it so every time I save and quit, it restarts me in the 0 inning.
I had this happen. The workaround is to never use the Save and Quit during a game. On my tablet I can close the cover or kill the app and next time I play it will re-enter the game in progress properly. I'll post this in Bugs.
Lexlogan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 12:08 PM   #174
Pelican
Hall Of Famer

Just had a tight and even pitching battle managing the 1966 Phillies against the Reds. Rick Wise versus Sammy Ellis. Each left after eight innings, Reds tied it up at 2 against the Phils’ bullpen, Joe Azcue won it with a walk-off HR to deep CF (424 feet). But Ellis was named POTG. First of all, his pitcher score was nearly identical to Wise. Second, Azcue won the game, also had another hit and scored. To add insult to injury, the game account - which sadly cannot be amended in OOTP GO - starts with praise for Ellis. (This is a standard and tiresome recap from the original game: “Despite a great effort by [the losing pitcher], the other team won….”). Surely the AI should recognize that a walk-off hit, let along a long HR, is the lede. That said, a competitive and realistic game. Justifies my trade of Johnny Briggs for Azcue. I recall 1966, and as great a defensive catcher as Clay Dalrymple was, he was an automatic out, well below the Mendoza line (which probably should have been called the “Dalrymple Line”).

Last edited by Pelican; 10-10-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-26-2021, 01:04 PM   #175
Isotopecrunch
Minors (Single A)

Enjoying the game

I've been playing OOTP baseball for a number of years, and only found out about OOTP Go this week. Downloaded it and so far really enjoy it.

Over the next few days Ill dig more into it,. but for a diehard OOTP players, this is great!
Isotopecrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:48 AM   #176
Zuppy
Bat Boy

Is there a way to be Gm only? I only have the option for manager or gm/manager. Help!
Zuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 03:54 PM   #177
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuppy View Post
Is there a way to be Gm only? I only have the option for manager or gm/manager. Help!
If you go to manager settings you can pick what the AI will control. So you can give lineups over to the AI etc
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 11:56 PM   #178
Zuppy
Bat Boy

Okay I understand that. But like on desktop ootp when you create the manager profile you can choose gm, gm/manager, manager. In ootp go you can’t select any of that unless you view job offers and they’re only gm/manager or manager. It’s never gm only. Is it possible to get that title?
Old 06-08-2022, 11:57 PM   #179
Zuppy
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
If you go to manager settings you can pick what the AI will control. So you can give lineups over to the AI etc
Okay I understand that. But like on desktop ootp when you create the manager profile you can choose gm, gm/manager, manager. In ootp go you can’t select any of that unless you view job offers and they’re only gm/manager or manager. It’s never gm only. Is it possible to get that title?
Old 06-09-2022, 12:09 AM   #180
snarls200
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuppy View Post
Not at this point
snarls200 is offline   Reply With Quote