Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball Go 24! > OOTP Go 24 - General Discussions

OOTP Go 24 - General Discussions Everything about the latest mobile version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 06-15-2021, 06:17 PM   #81
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirch10 View Post
Ha, for now I'd settle for figuring out how to leave off a game in the middle, and go back to it. And how to go pitch by pitch. I can wait a couple more years for the tigers to be good

There is an option in the action button to take a pitch. I wonder what that does
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:22 PM   #82
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Ha, for now I'd settle for figuring out how to leave off a game in the middle, and go back to it. And how to go pitch by pitch. I can wait a couple more years for the tigers to be good
Yeah, at the moment we don't allow exiting in the middle of a game or going pitch by pitch. Although as with virtually every option that exists in the base game, we will evaluate and certainly some if not most of them will make it in at some point.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:28 PM   #83
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

OOTP in your pocket is great

So this is like having a pocket version of the main game. While currently missing some important parts it is a great condensed version of the game. I streamed the game for over 2 hours today on twitch and found very few bugs and none related to the actual gameplay.

Best:
1. Fast sim engine
2. 3D Games (And I don’t even use that feature in the main game)
3. Almost a carbon copy of the all the data in the main game
4. PT works amazing

Needed: (Didn’t actually think I would miss these as much as I do)
1. Scouting
2. Waivers/DFA
3. Coaching (at least managers)

Also full screen on my iPad would be awesome. Currently it has the black bars on the sides.

Already left my 5 star review for the game. Since OOTP 4 I have trusted in Markus and Company to make quality games. They have done it again with OOTP Go and I can’t wait to see how fast they add new features.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:56 PM   #84
abirch10
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yeah, at the moment we don't allow exiting in the middle of a game or going pitch by pitch. Although as with virtually every option that exists in the base game, we will evaluate and certainly some if not most of them will make it in at some point.
Thanks for the response!
abirch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:51 PM   #85
Art99
Minors (Triple A)

I just got Go on my Ipad and started a new perfect team game. It seems to work pretty well. I have a good OOTP solo league on my laptop pc with OOTP 21 so probably won’t do one in the Go app and am content to just play perfect team for the time being. I’ll take a look at the main game later. When I can transfer my league from my pc to Go then I’ll dive into it. I don’t have the time or desire to play two different leagues on two different devices.

I’m thrilled that Go is out ! A few months ago I thought I read that Go wouldn’t be released until next year so getting it now was a very nice surprise. I probably misread a post about it being released next year. Christmas came early this year
Art99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:24 PM   #86
abirch10
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
There is an option in the action button to take a pitch. I wonder what that does
The special single pitch options still work. If you take a pitch, you take it, and it goes to the next pitch. If you pitch out, same thing. So there is that, but as far as situational hitting, or situational defensive positioning, you can't shift mid AB that way.
abirch10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:08 PM   #87
Pelican
Hall Of Famer

Fast download and up and running on my IPad. Screens are familiar but still learning to navigate. Cumbersome trying to reassign players between rosters. In 1921 there are no free agents - and no Shoeless Joe Jackson! I know his lifetime ban began in ‘21; but no reason he could not be included. Having him play would be a great “what if”. Rosters are very limited (five or so extra players) and no minors? Can’t find the option to shop a player. Also finding no way to eliminate the color line and access/sign Negro League players. Hoped to be playing a game by now; but setup is laborious compared to the regular game. Honestly, it is hard to envision why I would play in this cramped, reduced format, when I could play the full game on my Mac or on my laptop. That’s meant as a compliment. The full game is so comprehensive and realistic, that anything less pales in comparison.
Pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:17 PM   #88
snarls200
Major Leagues

For color barrier: league rules& settings- rules then hit view and click on advanced mode
snarls200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:22 PM   #89
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

@Pelican

No historical minors in GO. No Negro Leagues. Shop Player option is in the Action menu on the player's profile page.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:31 AM   #90
cournoyer
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
@Pelican

No historical minors in GO. No Negro Leagues. Shop Player option is in the Action menu on the player's profile page.
Does it develop a full minor league roster as you sim seasons? This is my first OOTP experience after playing Mogul for millions of hours a decade ago so I'm curious how that is. Or is it just always a "reserve roster"?
cournoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:04 AM   #91
JimiP
Minors (Triple A)

Pretty Slick

Downloaded and played 1977 season.
Took a bit to get used to interface and click thru's but enjoying it.
Like what I see so far, thanks guys!
Old 06-16-2021, 11:05 AM   #92
mattb_222
Minors (Single A)

Been playing since yesterday

Game is as good as I remember (haven't played OOTP in a few years). Thanks to the team for making a great product and I will leave a review at the app store. Thanks again for all of your hard work!
Old 06-16-2021, 12:58 PM   #93
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
The special single pitch options still work. If you take a pitch, you take it, and it goes to the next pitch. If you pitch out, same thing. So there is that, but as far as situational hitting, or situational defensive positioning, you can't shift mid AB that way.

That's what I thought but I never use 1 pitch mode, but I did see the take pitch...NEVER..just my preference
Old 06-16-2021, 01:04 PM   #94
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

one option I'd like

Maybe I haven't seen it yet but the one option I'd like to see added (IF POSSIBLE) is the save a lineup option in lineup screen. I always created my VS Right & VS Left handed pitchers.

BB
Bunktown Ballers
Old 06-16-2021, 01:38 PM   #95
Pelican
Hall Of Famer

Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarls200 View Post
For color barrier: league rules& settings- rules then hit view and click on advanced mode
Got it. Many thanks.
Old 06-16-2021, 01:39 PM   #96
Pelican
Hall Of Famer

Got it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
@Pelican

Many thanks, Bogie.
Old 06-16-2021, 02:16 PM   #97
JRockne
Minors (Single A)

Awesome.

Two questions.

Can I play manager only? I went and changed each setting to AI except for lineups and in game stuff. Is that how to do it.
JRockne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:37 PM   #98
doors11
All Star Reserve

will you ever make OOTP Go ,be able to import our saved game from OOTP 22 and be able to add classic ballparks also. I know this might take some kind of a add on to import games but can this be done
doors11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:16 AM   #99
bbgods
Major Leagues

The game is great. All the best features of OOTP 22 and MLB Manager 2018. One question: where’s the ghost runner?
bbgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:48 PM   #100
ckl2112
Bat Boy

Is there no split for spring training stats?
ckl2112 is offline   Reply With Quote