Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball Go 24! > OOTP Go 24 - General Discussions

OOTP Go 24 - General Discussions Everything about the latest mobile version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 06-03-2021, 12:46 AM   #81
Boom Boom
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Hudson View Post
I created a new gmail account while having ExpressVPN connected to Canada. Canada Google Play was too busy. Connected ExpressVPN to Australia. Downloaded the game. Used Samsung Smart Switch to copy app from phone to tablet. Now have two copies.
You shouldn't have had to go through this trouble and should have been released to all, or just make it a closed beta but not discriminate based on geographic location.
Boom Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:57 AM   #82
hobbitrjw
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
You shouldn't have had to go through this trouble and should have been released to all, or just make it a closed beta but not discriminate based on geographic location.
I for one certainly echo and understand how you feel. I did the whole Canadian App Store and VPN procedure on Android as well,willingly,but I wasnÂ’t all too happy about it. When this has been anticipated for and hyped up for so long and then the moment comes for it to get onto peopleÂ’s devices,and itÂ’s a very limited 2 country soft launch? With the country with their largest player base that would be able to test and find bugs,being left out. One person I remember seeing commenting in here said it may be to limit server strain,well that only applies to perfect team,and maybe why not test that early on by bringing all the US players in and seeing how the server does? The.last thing I think we all would want to see is server crashes happening right at full launch of Go,affecting even those that play Perfect team on desktop in OOTP 22.

My message to Markus here though is that it is clear with the fact that US players are creating Canadian and Australian store accounts,because they want to play this game and help make it even better,that limiting this soft launch to only the player bases located in Canada and Australia is now completely impossible to do. It now has been a week out since the initial start of the soft launch and there are 2 things I for one am curious to know.

1. How is this going overall? How has the feedback been? What kind of progress has been made towards a update fixing bugs,etc?

2. What is the possibility of bringing your US players in to the soft launch? Or even if the answers to #1 above are that things are going so well,then what are the chances of seeing the full release moved up?
hobbitrjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:29 PM   #83
snarls200
Major Leagues

For the workaround to get game if not in Canada /USA is the game then playzble on US accounts?

Asking for an American friend

Iphone version

Last edited by snarls200; 06-03-2021 at 02:35 PM.
snarls200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:01 PM   #84
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Quote:
What part of if that most of us are in the US where most of his sales are at do you not understand?

Why does Canada and Australia get first shot ? what was the real reason?
What did Marcus know and when did he know it??
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 09:13 PM   #85
iowahawkeyedave
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
That'd kind of defeat the purpose of a soft launch. Besides in a few weeks it'll be released to all anyways.
iowahawkeyedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:05 PM   #86
Colorado
Major Leagues

Just chill out, it's a beta. The game will be available for all when it's released. Some of the posts complaining just sound a bit entitled. It's a game, we've only got to wait a couple of weeks.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:17 AM   #87
snarls200
Major Leagues

While major league evolution does not happene without the nessecary packs being purchased smaller evolution still happens.

Specifically logos will change in appropriate years until the team name changed IRL.
snarls200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:53 AM   #88
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
Just chill out, it's a beta. The game will be available for all when it's released. Some of the posts complaining just sound a bit entitled. It's a game, we've only got to wait a couple of weeks.
Agreed completely. Quite honestly with some of the attitudes around here, it’s honestly embarrassing. Either make a Canadian AppStore account and do it that way, or wait. It’s pretty simple logic. Leave the immaturity at the door.
nolushhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 01:19 PM   #89
DaBears
Major Leagues

I’ll be honest, every time I read some of this I hope Markus doesn’t throw his hands up, cash in and retire. It’s a great game overall, comes cheap, and will never do everything every single person wants. If they had launched the game worldwide and ANYTHING had not been perfect, a bunch of people would have been on here going off about the fact they didn’t beta test. I’m anxious to get the game just like everyone else, but am not going to go to the trouble of creating a fake Canadian account. Gives you a feel for how much it means to wait a whole two weeks that I won’t even put forth that effort. It’s two weeks, and we’ll get a bit more tested game. Chill folks.

And Markus, don’t cash in and retire!!!
DaBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 03:45 AM   #90
OntarioMikeW
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcarla1 View Post
What? Are you crazy? Are you an American or what? I want to evaluate game I have watched and played for 50 years. Not some other country that is unfamiliar with the game. Give me the next version of football manager and I will beta rest that.
Canada and Australia were chosen for this soft launch because they represent a small percentage of the overall customer base. This is standard practice in project management--roll out your updates in waves, starting with smaller locations. This allows you to get more feedback and squash additional bugs between the "real" beta phase and the full launch.

OOTP GO uses the exact same code base as OOTP 22, so the actual game engine is already fine tuned. The main focus for OOTP now is getting user feedback for any issues specific to the app (screen resolution, interface issues, battery usage, etc.) The soft launch helps them get this feedback more quickly, from a limited user base and then polish things up before releasing it to the world.

They are well aware that the vast majority of their customers are from the US and that we've been waiting for years for this game. That's why they're trying to do as much testing as possible before the initial release.

And as a fellow American, I can tell you that the tone of your posts is not giving us a good look.
OntarioMikeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 12:27 PM   #91
S_Hudson
Bat Boy

The best part of the GO app for those who play OOTP on desktop/laptop is Perfect Team. I've never played Perfect Team as much as before. I'm more involved with the auction/bidding than ever. I think the newer players will play Perfect Team more than the base game. If that's the case, we'll have huge server issues when millions log into Perfect Team if the bugs aren't worked out. This is something the beta team can't replicate, millions of people logging in.
S_Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 04:16 PM   #92
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Hudson View Post
The best part of the GO app for those who play OOTP on desktop/laptop is Perfect Team. I've never played Perfect Team as much as before. I'm more involved with the auction/bidding than ever. I think the newer players will play Perfect Team more than the base game. If that's the case, we'll have huge server issues when millions log into Perfect Team if the bugs aren't worked out. This is something the beta team can't replicate, millions of people logging in.

With the app I can now lose 20 to 30 tournaments a day instead of 6to 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 07:52 PM   #93
Pelican
Hall Of Famer

It’s personally disappointing that folks would rant and rave about a limited soft beta release and even venture down weird jingoistic pathways. I for one am happy to have others be the beta testers and work the bugs out. Kudos to our Canadian and Australian friends. I’m pleased playing OOTP 22 and have no mania to hack the Apple Store to play Go a few weeks or days early. I can wait. Make no mistake, I’m eager to see Go and devoured the preview podcast with Markus. It will be great to download a version that has been thoroughly vetted and ready to go. The others need to just chill out.
Pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:51 PM   #94
ROY_Angel_Berroa
Minors (Single A)

Thank you Markus and the rest of the dev team! I check back regularly to see if there is any updates on when it will be released in the US, but am happy to wait.

I hope you know most of us Americans are happy to wait for a great product and aren't entitled like some of the posters on this thread. Unless of course you have it out for us Americans and all of the cash we provided throughout the years
ROY_Angel_Berroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:48 PM   #95
mlcor
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROY_Angel_Berroa View Post
Thank you Markus and the rest of the dev team! I check back regularly to see if there is any updates on when it will be released in the US, but am happy to wait.

I hope you know most of us Americans are happy to wait for a great product and aren't entitled like some of the posters on this thread. Unless of course you have it out for us Americans and all of the cash we provided throughout the years
^^^^^^^this.
mlcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:53 PM   #96
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Sounds like I need a VPN for CAN/Australia spoofing
Old 06-09-2021, 04:46 PM   #97
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Beh View Post
Purchases made on an Apple or Google account will be saved to that account on the store server. However, if you use a VPN to download the game from the Canadian store, we cannot guarantee that it will be saved when you switch back to the original country, since the stores tend to use different servers for different countries. Also, sharing between accounts is not possible.
Is sharing between devices (same Apple account) doable though?
Old 06-10-2021, 03:34 PM   #98
OntarioMikeW
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klkitchens View Post
Is sharing between devices (same Apple account) doable though?
That should be fine if you have the same account on both devices
OntarioMikeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 04:42 PM   #99
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
The seasons, yes. But of course, when you buy this year's (2021) MLB set, you will have to buy it again next year when we update it to 2022 data. The app itself will not be replaced, OOTP Go will always be OOTP Go, there are no versions. We will update it with new data, features and access to new PT versions along the way...
So when PT23 is released, will we still have access to our PT22 teams through OOTPGO or will it only be for the latest version??

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:07 AM   #100
vince77
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
So when PT23 is released, will we still have access to our PT22 teams through OOTPGO or will it only be for the latest version??
I think only the latest version. Not sure though
vince77 is offline   Reply With Quote