Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball Go 24! > OOTP Go 24 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Go 24 - General Discussions Everything about the latest mobile version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 05-29-2021, 02:27 AM   #61
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBruce View Post
First impressions from a fictional player:

It comes in at 742 MB when installed, about normal for games of this scope. Football Manager Touch takes up about six or seven times this space.

There are two longish TOS and privacy files to glance at as you begin.

The typeface on my iPad Pro looks crisp and the game fills the screen nicely.

Setting up a new historical game about one-quarter of the screen is filled with a nice recap of the season currently selected. Nice feature!

It took about a half hour to enter team names for my local fictional league. Could be a little easier -- using an external keyboard it doesn't seem to recognize the tab key to move around, but tapping the screen is always an option. An option to kill off all the random team names so you can enter your own would be nice.

Missing: can't set team colours for fictional leagues, they are set randomly.

Starting the 30-team fictional league (three affiliate minor league teams for each franchise) in 2001, I ran the inaugural draft and then simmed to early October 2001 in about three minutes on this iPad pro. No problems. Fast! It stopped when I switched to another app, doesn't run in the background as some apps do.

Watching a playoff game: plays look very smooth in the field. aPlay-by-play at the bottom of the screen should be a changable option: top is easier on the neck, I think. I usually set the players to 140% because they look so small in normal size, and this caused no problem. Didn't see any of the strange weird plays (catcher retrieves ball on other side of wall by sticking hand through it, etc.) in a few innings of watching.

Markus, this seems to be really, really well-polished and ready to release to everyone. Most of us on iOS are used to much smaller apps that get released and then are updated practically every time we check. This one is huge and I’m not seeing much that needs fixing. (Sorry I’m not much help!) Admittedly I haven’t seen much of it, but I have given it a pretty good spin in a couple of hours and found nothing to report. It’s all very intuitive, especially to anyone who has played OOTP before, and the few things missing from the PC game are trivial. I’m not sure Canada’s infrastructure will be able to handle two weeks of people from elsewhere trying to get this on VPN.
Thank you very much for the kind words
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 07:41 AM   #62
Edster007
All Star Starter

It's great to start reading some of the constructive feedback so far. I miss the mobile version and I am looking forward to the launch in the USA. Of course I would love to have it now but I understand and appreciate the reasons why and hey, I get the game after some of the initial bugs are worked out.

I know it had to be large and sometimes frustrating task for the team at OOTP. Thanks to the team for sticking with it and waiting until it was a product from what I am reading that seems polished-looking like it was worth the wait. Thanks in advance for thousands of hours of me becoming antisocial
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 10:35 AM   #63
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
It's great to start reading some of the constructive feedback so far. I miss the mobile version and I am looking forward to the launch in the USA. Of course I would love to have it now but I understand and appreciate the reasons why and hey, I get the game after some of the initial bugs are worked out.

I know it had to be large and sometimes frustrating task for the team at OOTP. Thanks to the team for sticking with it and waiting until it was a product from what I am reading that seems polished-looking like it was worth the wait. Thanks in advance for thousands of hours of me becoming antisocial
Thanks! And yes, I think it'll be worth the wait. Thanks for your patience!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:45 AM   #64
leasteffort
Bat Boy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Thanks! And yes, I think it'll be worth the wait. Thanks for your patience!
Thanks in advance for you and your team's hard work on this...have been looking forward to a renewed mobile version. Hope it sells well!

leasteffort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 04:06 PM   #65
Boom Boom
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Of course, why not?
So those in the states where you sell the most copies of OOTP don't get a chance at this?
Boom Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:33 PM   #66
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
So those in the states where you sell the most copies of OOTP don't get a chance at this?
So what part of soft release do you need explanation for in addition to the 10 times he's said it already?
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 06:30 PM   #67
15bricknerw
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshSamBob View Post
This is exciting!

Wondering if there will be any support for online leagues, now or in the future? Would be amazing to be able to update online league teams from my mobile device.

Thanks as always, Markus!
Couldn't agree more, would be so amazing if this was a feature.
Old 05-31-2021, 11:26 AM   #68
Ranks1414
Bat Boy

2 months into first season and can't continue without app crashing. When I "enter game" or try to sim, app crashes. It says that game is in progress but I can't enter or sim past it unfortunately.
Ranks1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 11:28 AM   #69
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranks1414 View Post
2 months into first season and can't continue without app crashing. When I "enter game" or try to sim, app crashes. It says that game is in progress but I can't enter or sim past it unfortunately.
This needs t be in the bug section.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 01:10 PM   #70
nolushhere
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranks1414 View Post
I had this same problem with two different leagues I started. If a game is started and for some reason you don’t finish it right then, it will crash everytime no matter what you do to try to bypass or replay that particular game.
nolushhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 04:55 PM   #71
daves
Hall Of Famer

Is there an update from the initial May 28th beta?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:49 AM   #72
GlennN
Minors (Single A)

I am so looking forward to this! Loved MLB Manager. Any chance of an ability to play my desktop franchise on OOTP Go, and sync back and forth? My gaming dream is to be able to take my franchise with me on the road and continue it at home on my desktop. Last time I had anything like that was playing MLB The Show 15 on my Playstation Vita and PS4, and syncing back and forth. Man, I miss having a single franchise for home and mobile!
GlennN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 01:04 PM   #73
andyhdz
All Star Starter

I would love that too and they said its a feature they have on the list for down the road but to be honest some of these desktop leagues are a beast and I'm not sure how they could do it. First this version doesn't even have the full functionality of the desktop version so they have to accomplish this first. And then they need to figure out how desktop leagues will be synced and they can be pretty large. I'd be happy with some kind of hybrid version.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 02:30 PM   #74
Macmarlin
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
I would love that too and they said its a feature they have on the list for down the road but to be honest some of these desktop leagues are a beast and I'm not sure how they could do it. First this version doesn't even have the full functionality of the desktop version so they have to accomplish this first. And then they need to figure out how desktop leagues will be synced and they can be pretty large. I'd be happy with some kind of hybrid version.
At the moment I’d be happy to be able to be playing my season on the iPad at home and be able to continue it on my phone. That would be awesome.
Macmarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 05:16 PM   #75
treesham
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm super excited for this to be available in the US without hoop jumping. I've been waiting years (like everyone else), and am jazzed.

I also have a life outside of my screen, and can wait a few weeks. I can also see from just a few posts here why so many folks from other countries think Americans are pretentious, entitled pee holes.

Y'all who are cursing up a storm, I strongly recommend a girlfriend, wife, or even the hand of your choice. Or a boyfriend, or whatever your cup of tea is

Play ball!
treesham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 12:42 AM   #76
wkhyten
Bat Boy

Will Commissioner Mode, Editable Player Attributes, and Custom Fictional players be coming to OOTP Go?
wkhyten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 07:33 AM   #77
NYY
Bat Boy

Australian here who has been playing Franchise Mode a lot since the Beta Launch came out. No issues to report, however I do miss editable player attributes from past versions of MLB Manager. Any plans of adding this in as a feature eventually?
NYY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:31 AM   #78
Mammoth_Mayhem
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY View Post
Australian here who has been playing Franchise Mode a lot since the Beta Launch came out. No issues to report, however I do miss editable player attributes from past versions of MLB Manager. Any plans of adding this in as a feature eventually?
Yes, they have stated they plan on adding this, along with other features, in subsequent updates of OOTP Go!
Old 06-02-2021, 05:07 PM   #79
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by treesham View Post
Y'all who are cursing up a storm, I strongly recommend a girlfriend, wife, or even the hand of your choice. Or a boyfriend, or whatever your cup of tea is

Play ball!
Cool
Old 06-03-2021, 12:43 AM   #80
Boom Boom
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
So what part of soft release do you need explanation for in addition to the 10 times he's said it already?
What part of if that most of us are in the US where most of his sales are at do you not understand?

Why does Canada and Australia get first shot ? what was the real reason?
Boom Boom is offline   Reply With Quote