Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball Go 24! > OOTP Go 24 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Go 24 - General Discussions Everything about the latest mobile version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 08-11-2021, 09:39 AM   #1
dougschneiderbk
Bat Boy

Double Switch

Can you do a double switch when you pinch hit for a pitcher? Every time I try to do one by changing my ph to a position, it still replaces that player when I bring in my new pitcher. So say I have a CFer ph in the 9 spot and my starting CFer makes the last out, I want my ph to stay in the game in the 9 spot and my new pitcher to replace my starting CFer. But no matter what I do, the pitcher always replaces my ph. Help!
dougschneiderbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #2
alkeiper
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougschneiderbk View Post
Can you do a double switch when you pinch hit for a pitcher? Every time I try to do one by changing my ph to a position, it still replaces that player when I bring in my new pitcher. So say I have a CFer ph in the 9 spot and my starting CFer makes the last out, I want my ph to stay in the game in the 9 spot and my new pitcher to replace my starting CFer. But no matter what I do, the pitcher always replaces my ph. Help!
Instead of pressing + where the pitcher is warming up, press + next to where the pitcher is listed in the column on the right of the screen. Then switch to the lineup tab and press + for the spot in the batting order you want the new pitcher to occupy.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:37 AM   #3
AdequateRandomGaming
Minors (Double A)

Last edited by AdequateRandomGaming; 08-12-2021 at 08:06 AM.
AdequateRandomGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 12:34 AM   #4
Pelican
Hall Of Famer

Didn’t work

Nothing happened. Lineup is unchanged. I filed a bug report. Ruined my game. I’ll stick to the original version instead of this cheap imitation.
Pelican is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 08:48 AM   #5
Pelican
Hall Of Famer

I apologize to the community for being pissy (above). And I’m grateful to those who suggested the work-around. But I still can’t get it to work. When I push the plus sign next to the pitcher on the roster (bullpen screen) and then switch to the lineup screen, and hit the plus next to the lineup position where I want the pitcher to bat, nothing happens. I’ve tried switching the pitcher first, and the pinch-hitter first. Nope. Nada. I’m forced to bat the new pitcher in the old pitcher’s spot. Wouldn’t it be a hell of a lot easier to list the whole roster on one screen, and allow drag and drop to the appropriate lineup positions? The limited functionality of the GO version is frustrating, as compared to the total experience of OOTP 22.

Last edited by Pelican; 08-26-2021 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-31-2021, 08:06 AM   #6
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
I apologize to the community for being pissy (above). And I’m grateful to those who suggested the work-around. But I still can’t get it to work. When I push the plus sign next to the pitcher on the roster (bullpen screen) and then switch to the lineup screen, and hit the plus next to the lineup position where I want the pitcher to bat, nothing happens. I’ve tried switching the pitcher first, and the pinch-hitter first. Nope. Nada. I’m forced to bat the new pitcher in the old pitcher’s spot. Wouldn’t it be a hell of a lot easier to list the whole roster on one screen, and allow drag and drop to the appropriate lineup positions? The limited functionality of the GO version is frustrating, as compared to the total experience of OOTP 22.

Got to change positions of those involved where the will play after switch. Drop down menu helps with that. I've never had that issue, so this best help I can give
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 08:10 AM   #7
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican View Post

Of course it has limited ability compared to the PC version. I never thought people would think they were exactly the same. Show a lil more patience as you try to work things out. I made myself familiar with the whole app before starting a season. Did test leagues, etc. Of course screen size from PC version is main issue. What size your screen. I use a 12.4 inch tablet so I'm not too handcuffed. I can actually move from one team to the other fast on the GO app

Last edited by Bunktown Ballers; 08-31-2021 at 08:11 AM.
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 10:39 PM   #8
Pelican
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
Of course it has limited ability compared to the PC version. I never thought people would think they were exactly the same. Show a lil more patience as you try to work things out. I made myself familiar with the whole app before starting a season. Did test leagues, etc. Of course screen size from PC version is main issue. What size your screen. I use a 12.4 inch tablet so I'm not too handcuffed. I can actually move from one team to the other fast on the GO app
Yeah I am only on an Ipad with a smaller screen, so it’s a big step down from OOTP with a full screen full of data and lifelike sims. I respect the time that obviously went into downsizing and the compromises that had to be made. The key elements of the game are still there. Kudos to the developers for accomplishing that. My issue now is the game crashing (blue screen in another thread) and today I had to open a different app, and when I returned a few minutes later, OOTP GO had simply vanished, no save, no data. That was in the seventh inning of a tight 1-0 game, so pretty devastating to lose that for no reason. It feels like the GO version is not as stable as original OOTP. I never had a problem with crashes or data loss in OOTP. For the most part, I can play OOTP on a full-size computer, so I am going to stick with that for my sims and replays. I may use OOTP GO to play games for fun, when I’m traveling; but simply not reliable enough for data-heavy replays that are labor-intensive for me. Like you say, I gave it a try, and it came up wanting. I admire the way support is very hands-on and, well, supportive, and have no doubt they are raising to fix these glitches. I do feel a bit like a beta tester.