Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP Dynasty Reports

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 11-06-2019, 02:46 PM   #21
Hrycaj
All Star Reserve

Thanked 228x in 145 posts
1928 Week #10

Boston @ St. Louis: June 11-13, 1928
After a brilliant performance the day before against the Pioneers the Minutemen were looking to make it two in a row and six overall. Boston starting pitcher Ernie Henderson gave the club a real strong effort, he pitched all nine innings giving up three hits and two earned runs. Center fielder Dick Copeland led the way for the Minutemen offensively with three hits and three RBI’s. 8-2 to Win. (33-27)

St. Louis made a strong push early to ruin the Boston winning streak as they hit pitcher Jack Holland for four earned on ten hits in six innings of work. Luckily for Boston, they were able to keep pace offensively as the game was tied through seven innings. In the 8th pinch hitter Ed Wise stroked a 3-1 slider into right for a run-scoring single that put the Minutemen ahead for good. Stopper Dode Jefferis pitched the final two innings for the Minutemen and earned his fifth save of the year. 6 - 5 Win. (34-27)

The Pioneers finally got one over on the Minutemen in the final game of the series. Bill Jenkins just did not have his best stuff as he gave up four earned in seven innings, he also walked four batters. He has been up and down since coming off the IL. Although the Minutemen lost this game they won the series three games to one. Next for the Minutemen will be a trip to Chicago to take on the red hot Chiefs who Boston cannot seem to gain any ground on. 6-1 Loss. (34 - 28)

Boston @ Chicago: June 14-17, 1928
Boston would send Dick Alexander to the mound in the first game of the series against the Chiefs. Alexander was good, however, Chicago starter Al Wood was just a bit better. Both hurlers pitched complete games with Alexander giving up three earned and Wood only one. The Minutemen fought hard as Charlie Barry had three hits and Dick Copeland had two himself. It was a tough way to start the series but it was a hard-fought game. 3-1 Loss. (34 - 29)

The Chicago hitters were tough on Ernie Henderson in the first inning of this one as a plated five runs to take a commanding lead. The Chiefs added three more in the fourth and basically put it on cruise control for the rest of the contest. Buddy Lane got a rare start at shortstop for the Minutemen and went 3-5. Left fielder Homer Krajewski who has been struggling a bit lately had two hits and an RBI. 9 - 2 Loss. (34 - 30)

Boston showed a bit of backbone in the third game of the series and fought hard in a back-and-forth affair that featured a lot of hits. Leading the way for the Minutemen were right fielder Jake Duke with 3 hits, catcher Joe Richards with three hits, center fielder Junior Marrero with two hits and two RBI’s and second baseman Paul McLain with two hits and two RBI’s. Boston plated three runs in the last two innings to top the Chiefs and finally take a game in the series. 10-9 Win. (35-30)

Bill Jenkins did not bring his good stuff for this game. He only lasted 3.2 innings before he had to be pulled. Boston tried hard to come back but it was just too big an obstacle for them. With the loss the Minutemen would drop the series three games to one. Boston will enjoy a day off on Monday before heading to Washington and Philadelphia to end the road trip. 9-4 Loss. (35-31)

GM's Desk: June 18th, 1928
This week was a dichotomy of the baseball season. We went from the bottom team in the league to the hands down hottest in the span of a week. We took three of four from the Pioneers but could only win one out of four in Chicago. Right now we do not have enough favorable matchups to hang with the Chiefs. A few positives though. Our hottest hitter is Charlie Barry who is hitting .369 which is 5th best in the FA. Batting average is really the only offensive category that we have a shot in as Chicago’s Joe Masters is runaway leader almost everywhere else. As a team we are right in the middle of the pack offensively and toward the bottom pitching wise. We have fought hard as a team to this point but I feel the dam is about to break. We can’t sit back and lick our wounds though. We had a few holes in the rosters because of injury and just plain ineffectiveness so we signed some guys to give em a shot. Harry Meek was signed and has reported to short-A Arlington. Meek was the 14th overall pick in last season’s draft by Detroit. Things didn’t work out with the Dynamos but I had a bullpen spot open so I thought it was a low risk acquisition. My scout liked something in Hal Bush’s swing so we grabbed the young 19 year old and had him report to Arlington as well. We lost our starting 3rd baseman at AAA Denver for a few weeks and we found ourselves thin in that department. So we signed Howard Patterson and Bob Fisher to fill the holes. Hopefully, one of these young cheap options can show us something.
Attached Images

Hrycaj is offline   Reply With Quote
2 thanks for this post:
mjj55409 (11-06-2019), Tiger Fan (11-06-2019)
Old 11-07-2019, 12:18 PM   #22
Hrycaj
All Star Reserve

1928 Week #11

Boston @ Washington: June 19-21, 1928
Game one of the series against the Eagles featured a fantastic pitching performance by both Jack Holland of the Minutemen and Tommy Russel of Washington. Holland had a rough first inning giving up a two run homer but settled in nicely to go the distance. Russel only had an issue with Charlie Barry and Tom Tucker in the Boston lineup and was able to record a complete game shutout. This was a nice win for Washington as they have fallen hard in the FA standings. 3-0 Loss. (35-32)

Boston was able to bounce back nicely and even the series in game two against the Eagles. Dick Alexander while not great, was effective as he picked up his sixth win of the season. The Minutemen were able to hammer out 14 hits with six of them being of the extra base variety. CF Dick Copeland connected for his third homer of the season and upped his average to .306. Charlie Barry had two more hits and is now sitting at a team best .377 average. The Minutemen will look to take the series in the finale tomorrow. 6-4 Win. (36-32)

Boston did not get the pitching performance they were looking for out of Ernie Henderson. Henderson was hit hard and often and put the team in a tough position offensively. The Minutemen battled with a four run sixth but it would not be enough as they dropped the finale by a single run. 7-6 Loss. (36-33)

Boston @ Philadelphia: June 23-24, 1928
After a rainout to start the series the Minutemen took the extra day to get some rest and relaxation. Several players took in a show at the cinema while others took advantage of their free time by sleeping the afternoon away in the hotel. The game turned out to be a wild affair that had the teams needing extra innings to decide the outcome. Down 3-2 in the 5th the Minutemen benefitted from doubles by both Bob Scholer and Dick Copeland as they plated five in the frame. It was not enough however as Philadelphia put up a run in the bottom half of the 5th and two in the last half of the 9th to send it to extras. Joe Richards played the hero with a two out single to put the Minutemen up for good. The win gave Boston a 4-0 record in extra inning games this season. 7-6 Win. (37-33)

Bill Jenkins was bad in the series finale. There is some real concern in Boston that he may still be suffering some setbacks from his earlier injury. Jenkins would surrender seven earned runs on nine walks in just over five innings of work. A line like that is usually a guaranteed loss for the club. Fortunately for Jenkins his teammates put on an offensive explosion. Seven Boston batters put up double digit hit totals as the team combined for 19 hits and 14 RBIís. That was more than enough to overcome the pitching issues from Jenkins. Charlie Barry hit his 8th homer of the year and is now sitting at .380 for the season. 14-9 Win. (38-33)

GMís Desk: June 25th, 1928
Iím really happy with how we did on this road trip. We went 13-8 giving us a 22-14 record overall on the road. We are officially road warriors at this point! Which is good because after a quick four-game home stand we go back on the road for six. I am also very happy with our 10-3 record in one run games. This thing with Bill Jenkins is a bit worrisome. He has been pretty bad and I may have to move him to the pen unless he can figure it out. I also have a couple of AAA options that I could utilize. I really donít want to have to demote Jenkins, but I canít keep sending him out to get rocked either. Down on the farm I have some guys that I think are ready for promotion. I will hold off on all pitching promotions for one more week since those promotions may result in the organization having to release some players. These decisions will need to be made anyway within the next few weeks as we have a couple of guys set to get off the IL who have not yet pitched this season. As for the hitters second base seems to be a position of depth as I have an effective player at the FABL level in McLain a solid prospect at AAA in Carr and a solid player at AA in Hutchinson. I may have some tradable assets there. I also have some nice hitting outfield prospects in short and single A. This is another area that could see some movement after the month of June ends.
Attached Images

3 thanks for this post:
DD Martin (11-07-2019), legendsport (11-07-2019), Tiger Fan (11-07-2019)
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM   #23
Hrycaj
All Star Reserve

1928 Week #12

Boston vs. Washington: June 27-30, 1928
In a rare start CF Junior Marrero did something pretty special in the game against Washington today. Marrero tied a club record by hitting triples in both the 3rd and 6th innings off of Washington pitching. Starter Jack Holland provided eight strong innings of work allowing three earned runs in the win. For Boston, it would be their third consecutive win. 10-3 Win. (39-33)

Game two was a case of both teams providing plenty of hits but very few runs overall. Both squads had 14 hits in the game but the game was tied at two after nine innings of play. With Bostonís perfect extra inning record on the line Dode jefferis and Wilbur Laramee shut down the Washington offense from the 10th to the 12th innings. In the bottom half of the inning Homer Krajewski led the inning off with a single to left. Frank Todd followed with an attempt at a sacrifice bunt but was able to beat it out putting runners at first and second. Bob Scholer was the next man to attempt a bunt but he popped it up on the infield for an easy out. Krajewski and Todd each moved up a base on a passed ball which would not have mattered since the batter Jake Duke drew a walk. Tom Tucker went down swinging for the second out bringing up backup catcher Alfred Cass. Cass didnít have to do much but stand there as he drew a game winning walk to send the Minutemen home victorious. 3-2 Win. (40-33)

Boston was looking to push the winning streak to five with a sweep against the Eagles in the series finale. Boston hurler Dick Alexander gave all he had and held the Eagles to two earned through nine. Unfortunately for Alexander he wouldnít factor into the decision as the Boston offense could only score a pair of runs themselves. With the game going to extra innings for the second straight day Boston 3B Charlie Barry took matters into his own hands. In the bottom of the 10th with a runner on because of an error, Barry launched a 1-1 pitch into the left field stands for his career high ninth home run in a season. Boston fans were jubilant after a second walk off win in two days. 4-2 Win. (41-33)

Boston vs. Philadelphia: June 30th, 1928
This game was a makeup for an earlier rainout against the Keystones. Bill Jenkins had his best start in a while but it was still not a very solid performance. Jenkins gave up four earned on nine hits over 8.1 innings of work. The offense did what they can with a late rally but they just fell short snapping the teams winning streak. 5-3 Loss. (41-34)

Boston @ Washington: July 1st, 1928
As the Minutemen closed the door on June with a loss they were looking to get right back on the winning train in a quick one game makeup in Washington before the team headed to Pittsburgh for five. This game was all Boston. Ray Allen earned his second win of the year with a complete game three hit shutout. Offensively, the Minutemen bounced the offerings from Washington starter Harry Horn all over the yard. This one was decided early as many fans headed toward the exits rather than watch their Eagles get beat in such a manner. 8-0 Win. (42-34)

GMís Desk: July 2nd, 1928:
It was a real nice 4-1 week for us. We closed June with a 16-9 record and have started July off on the right foot. This team has found a way to stick around in a way I had not predicted. We are sitting in third place eight games over .500 and 3.5 back. It will still be difficult to catch the two teams ahead of us with the offenses they feature, but I really like the effort. Glenn Tweed comes off the IL and presents an interesting conundrum as everybody in the outfield right now is performing at a high level. Tweed can really only play RF so Jake Duke would be the odd man out but he is playing so well that I canít take him out of the lineup. Ultimately, this is a good problem to have. I am ready to make some roster moves anyway so here is how this will play out. 34 year old AAA catcher Freddie Knauer has been released. Knauer was drafted 14th overall back in 1913. He has spent the duration of his career in the minor leagues. He may catch on as a coach somewhere down the line, but his time in our organization as a player is over. 25 year old Red Rapp will be promoted from AA and take the reigns as the starting catcher in Denver. I donít have anyone that can replace Rapp at Single A so we are going to send our 7th round pick from last year's draft, Bobby Gentry, up to AA. Gentry has been great at short-A hitting .339. His defense is slowly coming along so we are going to make the move now. We are also going to say goodbye to 25 year old LF Nellie Eames. This young man has great leadership skills but cannot get on the field. Our 6th round pick Mike Cifelli has been really good in Arlington and I want to see how he does with a promotion. We signed Howard Patterson about a month ago but he hasnít been able to crack the lineup. We are going to release him which will give me the roster spot to send Tweed to Denver to get some playing time in a rehab stint. Over the last few hours we have been fielding some calls from various clubs trying to work a deal. Although nothing materialized from these preliminary discussions the lines of communication have been established.
Attached Images

2 thanks for this post:
legendsport (Today), Tiger Fan (Yesterday)