Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:48 PM   #21
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick50 View Post
Same question... What are your settings like
I originally went full CON/HR splits (.9 for opposite CON/HR, 1.1 for friendly CON/HR). I've since set opposing HR to 0.9 for both hands, which I think might be more viable for lefty than righty since there are more good lefty hitters that fit the archetype than for righties.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:21 PM   #22
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matingly23 View Post
...but you need to have a roster that will work with the park for the settings to help you.
Yes...this is the key bit of course. Don't expect any benefit from just changing the park factors, it has to fit the talent on your roster.

I think the critical choice you want to start with, is between contact and power. Batters tend to specialize in one or the other, and balanced players who do both are very expensive. So by increasing the park factors for one, and lowering the other, you can stretch your PP much further by going for those flawed, less-balanced players.

Once that choice is made you then shape the other parts of your roster to fit as well. So your team is power based, and you have max HR factors? Well you probably want to focus on MOV rating and GBers for your pitching staff to minimize opposing homers. And now that you have those types of pitchers...guess what now infield defense is important too. So now the types of offensive players you need are coming into focus...
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:23 PM   #23
justpatrick
Major Leagues

I have a pitching-defense team with very little power. My pitchers are groundballers with great movement and control and generally awful stuff, so no Ks but a ton of DPs.

So clever me decided to go with a pitcher´s park for a couple of seasons. Okay, my pitching was even better than usual, but my already anemic offense was on life support. The last two seasons have been much more fun with a vanilla park.

justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 09:47 PM   #24
Stick50
Minors (Single A)

Ok so i will be the newb and ask the basic question..

Ballpark FACTORS are the only thing that determine anything right? NOT Dimensions, right?
Old 06-27-2019, 09:48 PM   #25
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick50 View Post
Ok so i will be the newb and ask the basic question..

Ballpark FACTORS are the only thing that determine anything right? NOT Dimensions, right?
Yes. Factors are the only ones that matter. Dimensions are cosmetic only, I believe.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:05 PM   #26
daves
Hall Of Famer

I have experimented with all righty hitting parks and all lefty hitting parks. One team won 3 rings and the other 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:03 AM   #27
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

I'm still not convinced that ballpark factors have much of an impact. I would love to see some stats that prove me wrong!!
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:29 AM   #28
chazzycat
All Star Starter

well, there is a league composed of FTP or very close to FTP teams in perfect level that a lot of us are in. Almost all of the teams in the league have an extreme park setup of one kind or another...because that's how you get to perfect without spending. My own $10 team (no packs) has made the perfect playoffs 3 times, and others have been even more successful on even less budget.
Old 06-28-2019, 11:50 AM   #29
Jeff1787
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
well, there is a league composed of FTP or very close to FTP teams in perfect level that a lot of us are in. Almost all of the teams in the league have an extreme park setup of one kind or another...because that's how you get to perfect without spending. My own $10 team (no packs) has made the perfect playoffs 3 times, and others have been even more successful on even less budget.
I know what you are saying, but I made it to perfect without spending a dime. I am now relegated as I think I told you. Maybe my ballpark factors were not correct! As I said in another post, I am playing now with neutral factors to see if anything is different. Most likely my park settings didn't match my team.

It is trial and error for me. But I am having a great time with PT!!
Jeff1787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:07 PM   #30
chazzycat
All Star Starter

I'm not saying it's the only way to reach perfect or anything, but, it does seem to help stick around there. There's no right or wrong way to play, that's for sure though
Old 06-28-2019, 01:59 PM   #31
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

I've tried going .9-.95 with excellent pitching and defending teams, but then I wondered if I actually should have made it pro-hitters and let their skills compensate

Now I just go 1.0 all round
Old 06-28-2019, 03:24 PM   #32
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

My Great Lakes Squirrels are an all righty team playing in a righty park. Results have been very good so far.

moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:54 PM   #33
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1787 View Post
I'm still not convinced that ballpark factors have much of an impact. I would love to see some stats that prove me wrong!!
I can definitely say that it impacts the stats. I changed from a very hitter park to a very pitcher park last year to this year. I think my team BA and ERA show the effect (granted there was more than that that changed, but still).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketsAintFull View Post
I've tried going .9-.95 with excellent pitching and defending teams, but then I wondered if I actually should have made it pro-hitters and let their skills compensate

Now I just go 1.0 all round
But yeah, whether it actually helps me win more games, hard to say. I'm doing a lot better this year than last, but one year is hardly a huge sample size.
Attached Images
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 07:46 PM   #34
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

I run an all righty team with park factors maxed for RH and minimized for LH. My offensive stats are 25% - 33% higher at home versus the road (ie, RBI, HR, 2B, etc, per game). My pitchers only give up about 10% more runs at home versus the road, so my ballpark gives my a pretty large home field advantage. This season I am 59 - 15 at home so far. My team still does decent on the road too, with a 52 - 26 record.
humboldt1498 is offline   Reply With Quote