Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Smile Steam Users - Please review OOTP 19 on Steam!

Dear Steam customers,

we would greatly appreciate it if you could take a minute and write a short (or long) review of the game on Steam. As a very small development studio, we heavily depend on all the ratings we can get over there.

You can write the review on the OOTP 19 Steam Shop page:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...k_Baseball_19/

Thank you very much for your help!
Markus & the entire OOTP Developments Team

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 08-30-2018 at 04:51 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
DonkeyPuncher1976
Bat Boy

Help Promoting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Dear Steam customers,

we would greatly appreciate it if you could take a minute and write a short (or long) review of the game on Steam. As a very small development studio, we heavily depend on all the ratings we can get over there.

Thank you very much for your help!
Markus & the entire OOTP Developments Team
I would love to help promote your game on Steam. I can give a great review on there plus my Instagram and YouTube Channels. I have played the past version of OOTP17 and it was great. I have a ton of sports but mostly Baseball fans on my Instagram channel. Both channels are the same screen name I am using on here DonkeyPuncher1976. Send me a message if you have any questions.
DonkeyPuncher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:13 PM   #3
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

I'd love to write a positive review as well, but until I find a way to even reply on Steam (I can at least give thumbs up to positive reviews), I'll post here for others who may be on the fence:

I've been playing OOTP since OOTP 3 which must have been in the early 2000's. This game is remarkable in its ability to feel familiar year-to-year, yet also introduce a lot of new features which adds more and more to your baseball immersion.

Running an online league with 30 other guys now for 4 calendar years, and I've really been able to see how this game stands up over time. We've been carrying this one game save over since 2015, and there's seriously nothing that's ever broke or caused error. The minor things that may have come up, Markus, Matt, and others have taken time out of their own schedules to fix for us. That's remarkable.

The game itself is a marvel. I actually met up with a guy from our league over the weekend in Orlando, FL, and over coffee I asked him whether he was more excited for MLB to start up next week, or for our SSG league. He is a former minor league pitcher, and he and I both agreed we were more excited for our league to start up. I share that little story because it's a testament to this game and the enjoyment it's brought us all as baseball fans. And we're just one league; there are plenty of other folks who love the game in its solo form too which is an excellent challenge.

Although I prefer to play with an MLB setup--something that is 100% achievable right out of the box--the customization of the game is amazing, and should be the model for all other games, PC, console, or otherwise. The fact that this game is put together by such a small team is a remarkable achievement, and I'm honored to have been able to watch this game grow over the years. Heck, it probably has a lot to do with my love for baseball above all other sports.

If you're on the fence, don't be. You won't regret this purchase, and being able to jump in and get familiar with the game before Opening Day next week is a perfect time to do so.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:27 PM   #4
DonkeyPuncher1976
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
I'd love to write a positive review as well, but until I find a way to even reply on Steam (I can at least give thumbs up to positive reviews), I'll post here for others who may be on the fence:

I've been playing OOTP since OOTP 3 which must have been in the early 2000's. This game is remarkable in its ability to feel familiar year-to-year, yet also introduce a lot of new features which adds more and more to your baseball immersion.

Running an online league with 30 other guys now for 4 calendar years, and I've really been able to see how this game stands up over time. We've been carrying this one game save over since 2015, and there's seriously nothing that's ever broke or caused error. The minor things that may have come up, Markus, Matt, and others have taken time out of their own schedules to fix for us. That's remarkable.

The game itself is a marvel. I actually met up with a guy from our league over the weekend in Orlando, FL, and over coffee I asked him whether he was more excited for MLB to start up next week, or for our SSG league. He is a former minor league pitcher, and he and I both agreed we were more excited for our league to start up. I share that little story because it's a testament to this game and the enjoyment it's brought us all as baseball fans. And we're just one league; there are plenty of other folks who love the game in its solo form too which is an excellent challenge.

Although I prefer to play with an MLB setup--something that is 100% achievable right out of the box--the customization of the game is amazing, and should be the model for all other games, PC, console, or otherwise. The fact that this game is put together by such a small team is a remarkable achievement, and I'm honored to have been able to watch this game grow over the years. Heck, it probably has a lot to do with my love for baseball above all other sports.

If you're on the fence, don't be. You won't regret this purchase, and being able to jump in and get familiar with the game before Opening Day next week is a perfect time to do so.

This is such a great game. I have been playing since the beginning with OOTP 1. I still haven't played in a league yet but would like to try that this year.
DonkeyPuncher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:29 PM   #5
Tunnelrunner
Minors (Single A)

Just wrote my review on Steam (my first day playing this masterpiece). I love it, Markus!!! You and your team deserve all the accolades!
Tunnelrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:46 PM   #6
gemini615
All Star Reserve

A positive review has been submitted on steam.
For next year, could you add some new jersey and hat templates into the defaults? They haven't changed much in the past few years and I hate scrolling through hundreds of pages of outdated forum posts looking for something new. Thanks!
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:24 PM   #7
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Done!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:23 PM   #8
Vonschlick
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Positive review and a quick question on steam version

I just gave a positive review on steam.

How can you tell when the steam version is updated?

I usually buy the game from OOTP developments, but I got it on steam this year because my son doesn't believe how many hours I play this game. This way steam tracks it and I can show him how addictive the game is.
Vonschlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:55 PM   #9
Tunnelrunner
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonschlick View Post

I usually buy the game from OOTP developments, but I got it on steam this year because my son doesn't believe how many hours I play this game. This way steam tracks it and I can show him how addictive the game is.
One of the reasons I'm playing on Steam this time. Since the Thursday release, I have played 6.6 hours so far (and that's me trying to restrain and limit my playing time). God, I love this game.

Last edited by Tunnelrunner; 03-25-2018 at 04:02 PM.
Tunnelrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 04:47 AM   #10
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonschlick View Post

Steam usually loads & installs updates automatically. We'll release the first patch on Wednesday if all works well.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:12 AM   #11
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Shameless bump! Come on guys, every single review helps!
Old 03-28-2018, 11:08 AM   #12
Mike Lowe
Hall Of Famer

I'm planning to reach out to Steam today to see whether we can somehow link our existing license to a Steam license. If I have any success, I'll share what they tell me.

With the new patch, I'm already missing having a Steam license like before
Old 03-30-2018, 11:02 AM   #13
sandman2575
Minors (Triple A)

Done! A sample: "OOTP 19 is OMG so broken I can't even play it with my Xbox controller and it's all just like numbers and stats everywhere how could anyone enjoy this don't waste your money asked for instant refund 2/10 would not buy again."

(kidding)
sandman2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 01:12 PM   #14
frankinho
Bat Boy

Done
frankinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #15
drowssap
Minors (Double A)

Bought the game 2 days ago on Steam...says I have played 28 hours

drowssap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 11:29 AM   #16
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Bump!

We need your help... a few of the recent reviews on Steam have not been positive (understandably so if users were affected by the bad 19.8.64 patch release), so it would be awesome if we could get a few more positive reviews now. If you are a Steam user, please take a minute and review the game, even if it's just a single sentence or two.

You can write the review on the OOTP 19 Steam Shop page:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/6...k_Baseball_19/

Thanks you very much!
Markus

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 08-30-2018 at 04:51 AM.
Old 08-26-2018, 01:46 AM   #17
Arobbins
Minors (Double A)

I've got the game through Origin Premiere, but I will probably buy a copy on Steam as well just to show my support. Superb strategy and sports game
Arobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:02 AM   #18
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobbins View Post
I've got the game through Origin Premiere, but I will probably buy a copy on Steam as well just to show my support. Superb strategy and sports game
Thanks so much for the kind words!
Old 08-30-2018, 04:51 AM   #19
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Friendly bump
Old 09-25-2018, 08:05 PM   #20
Chomps
Major Leagues

Is it possible to transfer my existing OOTP 19 PC license to Steam?
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote