Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-21-2019, 06:36 PM   #3741
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliathus View Post
What the hell kind of sorcery is this, my -OL indeed got deleted, I have added it back. Well, I guess I will double check in the middle of season next week so I won't get screwed.

I had that happen to me as well before. If you go to your profile and settings and click on the trouble shooting button, you can select upload graphics to the the server. That seems to lock them in after you hit submit team. And don't worry about getting left out. I've been in silver so long now I the teams well.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 07-21-2019 at 06:40 PM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:50 PM   #3742
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of All Time Standings

I have all the stats, but I have busy and have not found the time to put my spreadsheet back together. It'll probably take 3 hours or more and I don't want to piecemeal it because that's how I screwed it up in the first place. I have all the stuff on paper. Hoping to clear out next Sunday morning to get it done. In fact, I have to go out in abut a half-hour, so if I don't hear anything about Gotham not being in compliance, we'll include them in the standings. They have always been in compliance and have been in OL since 2021. It doesn't seem fair to exclude them, and it doesn't seem fair to Mudville either.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #3743
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Unless I hear different...

Charter member, and founder of OL, Mudville takes home its fourth crown, but their first since 2025.
Attached Images

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 07-22-2019 at 05:15 AM.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:06 PM   #3744
Magus978
All Star Starter

Bronze .218 update

Redmond Crusaders swept non-OL Tarzana Tarzans
Blitzkrieg Boppers came back from the brink after 4 games to steal the series against Hampton Roads Rush 4-3.

Redmond has home field against the Boppers, and the two have not played this season. Here are your prospective matchups...

Game 1: Mel Harder (BOP) vs Dennis Martinez (CRU)
Game 2: Rick Rhoden (BOP) vs Ismael Valdez (CRU)
Game 3: Claude Passeau (CRU) vs Whit Wyatt (BOP)
Game 4: Charles Nagy (CRU) vs Jerry Reuss (BOP)
Game 5*: TBA
Game 6*: TBA
Game 7*: TBA

* = If Necessary

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Last edited by Magus978; 07-21-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:07 PM   #3745
joehart
All Star Starter

here is the Crusaders Logo.

Inspired by the movie Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
I know you can't always recognize Indy right away until you look up close and see his whip. Our 9 year old made it as one of the logos for his friend from school.
Attached Images

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:15 PM   #3746
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Here You go

I knew it was Indy from the hat, before I noticed the whip. Nice work.
Attached Images
Old 07-21-2019, 07:22 PM   #3747
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

The Wrap Up

Gotta run. Let's not miss anybody for next week.
Attached Images
Old 07-21-2019, 08:04 PM   #3748
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond playoff update:

California comes back from a 3-1 LCS deficit to win the series 4 games to 3.

Go Quantum Condors! Bring back a PT title for OL!
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:06 PM   #3749
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
The good news in Iron is that the Corinth Cougars and Washington Base Stealers will both be promoted to Bronze. The bad news is that they are about to meet in the AC Finals for a berth in the World Series.

Good luck, Joe.

It looks like we missed most of the OOTP fun today. I parked the kids in the lake and they have not come out except for food and drinks. Congratulations on the win!!!

It was not much of a battle. My Base Stealers could not keep up.

But don’t celebrate too long....we meet each other again next week and then we will also have to worry about the little Talent Thieves.

Too bad the Falcons could not get the upset victory. The kids asked about them.

One of the boys is wearing a Cougars shirt and hopes you can get your team the Iron trophy.

It will be a tough one trying to secure a Bronze trophy for the Crusaders.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:13 PM   #3750
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
The Boppers have played down to OL opposition this season, and have a very hittable pitching staff. I will actually be surprised if the Boppers can bring it home for me.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:28 PM   #3751
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

So, you're saying there's a chance?
Attached Images

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:42 PM   #3752
joehart
All Star Starter

Good luck....also if the kids and their friend win, you can sell Wyatt or Duffy and buy their entire lineup with the proceeds.
Hugh Duffy, Rickey Henderson, Robin Yount and some of the other nice players can becomes the most expensive reserves in the OL league :-)

I don't think you have to worry about losing....the kids may have gotten lucky with their pulls and sold a 13K silver Henderson but your team is very solid in every way.
You rival and exceed some of the Diamond league teams.

Good luck.....

Old 07-21-2019, 08:52 PM   #3753
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
So, you're saying there's a chance?
This was how it was always going to be. The OL vs. a definitive megawhale in the finals. We actually haven't had one of these matchups at Perfect yet, either OL has been knocked out before we got there (happened once) or the finals was solely OL/NFTP (happened twice). It's the ultimate underdog rooting story.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:59 PM   #3754
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post
It looks like we missed most of the OOTP fun today. I parked the kids in the lake and they have not come out except for food and drinks. Congratulations on the win!!!

It was not much of a battle. My Base Stealers could not keep up.

But don’t celebrate too long....we meet each other again next week and then we will also have to worry about the little Talent Thieves.

Too bad the Falcons could not get the upset victory. The kids asked about them.

One of the boys is wearing a Cougars shirt and hopes you can get your team the Iron trophy.

I remembered you were at the lake house so I did not send any PM's to keep you abreast of the playoffs. I wasn't sure if you would be able to peel away and log in.

If the Cougars can win they will complete their worst to first story. The Bulldogs will be sentenced to the purgatory of Iron League at least another week. They will be better for it though.Tell those little Talent Thieves that the Cougars will be on the prowl looking for them next week but I dare not get too close. Last time we rubbed shoulders I think my whole team's OVR went down.

The Spurs took the USC Trojans to 7 games in the Conference Finals but Koufax slipped up in game 7.

Have fun!

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:15 PM   #3755
revmcgator
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
I have all the stats, but I have busy and have not found the time to put my spreadsheet back together. It'll probably take 3 hours or more and I don't want to piecemeal it because that's how I screwed it up in the first place. I have all the stuff on paper. Hoping to clear out next Sunday morning to get it done. In fact, I have to go out in abut a half-hour, so if I don't hear anything about Gotham not being in compliance, we'll include them in the standings. They have always been in compliance and have been in OL since 2021. It doesn't seem fair to exclude them, and it doesn't seem fair to Mudville either.
Didn't see this in time, but yes, Gotham's roster was compliant. Just to be clear, in compiling the stats, I wasn't trying to exclude Gotham, just missed them due to lack of designators. My takeaway from earlier in the thread was that was going to be a thing.

Congrats again to Mudville.

revmcgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:39 PM   #3756
Magus978
All Star Starter

Blitzkrieg Boppers defeat Redmond Crusaders 4 games to 1 to win the B218 OL Series!

The kids didn't make it easy as they were a most worthy foe, but in the end we did what we had to do to win it. Buck O'Neill wins series MVP.

I'm not looking forward to those Boppers vs Patriots matchups next week.

Last edited by Magus978; 07-21-2019 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:44 PM   #3757
joehart
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
.Tell those little Talent Thieves that the Cougars will be on the prowl looking for them next week but I dare not get too close. Last time we rubbed shoulders I think my whole team's OVR went down.

The Spurs took the USC Trojans to 7 games in the Conference Finals but Koufax slipped up in game 7.

Have fun!
Exactly....we were both doing well until suddenly we found ourselves back in Iron league while the kids moved to Bronze.
My players went from .275 to .230 and played defense like the Bears in the classic Walter Matthau movie.
Bronze league competition will be fun.

If all goes well, the Bulldogs and Birds get to fight for the title next week.

I can't believe you took them to a game 7 and lost. Terrible end to a great season. They were by far the best team and won the championship last season.
The Woodinville team took 8 games from them during the regular season which almost seems like a fluke.

Old 07-22-2019, 01:22 AM   #3758
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

The Cal Quantum Condors took the D366 World Series in 6 games, after needing to win a wildcard game and overcome a 1-0 deficit in the NLDS, 3-1 deficit in the NLCS, and 1-0 deficit in the world series. The Quantum Condors are very much looking forward to a rebirth in the Perfect OL competition after having won the very first inaugural Perfect OL title but having gone quiet ever since. Good luck to the Syrups, after a good divisional competition this year I am sure I will see them in Perfect soon.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:58 AM   #3759
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

The Scullytown Barbers won their division in the non-OL Bronze league, but sadly did not win promotion so back in Bronze. Hoping to get back in the OL league. I have updated the friends list and hope you do the same. The username is BigRed90.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 05:11 AM   #3760
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revmcgator View Post
Didn't see this in time, but yes, Gotham's roster was compliant. Just to be clear, in compiling the stats, I wasn't trying to exclude Gotham, just missed them due to lack of designators. My takeaway from earlier in the thread was that was going to be a thing.

Congrats again to Mudville.

Thanks, I understand. That's why I proposed making the identifiers part of compliance, but with the only "penalty" being that the team that really doesn't want to use them acknowledges they are running the risk of being missed by the person doing the stats. Hopefully, the stat person will catch those teams, but it seems wrong to put the onus completely on a person, like you, who is volunteering his time and effort. We thank you for that.

Apparently, for some folks, it spoils their immersion. For me, OL is the only thing that keeps me immersed. If we didn't have this wonderful group of people, my limited game time would be spent on FHM. Once there are no OL teams to follow in the playoffs, PT is kind of boring to me.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 07-22-2019 at 06:17 AM.