Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 07-16-2019, 03:37 PM   #3621
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Posted this in another thread but I'd like some input:

Here's a thought exercise for you guys. Presenting an anonymous batter for your consideration - avoiding the OVR rating and the player's name to get a more objective perspective on the card (I'll reveal it later if people want).

What do you think of this guy?

Code:
Dude McDude  Bats: R       
     max rating at LF:96   CF:69   RF: 87
        con  gap   pow   eye   av K
     vL 65    73    97    81    30	
     vR 56    70    78    67    29
Slash line for the year the card is based on was on the order of .270/.380/.530 ... OPS+ of 151 for that year... so pretty good.

Now I don't own this card and I'm debating whether or not I should buy it for a platoon vs LHP and/or defensive sub. The questions are this:

1. Do you think the guy will ever hit close to his slash line (cuz I don't), and,
2. What do you think this card would go for and/or be worth (I think it's "worth" around 7.5k but I suspect it'll be offered for closer to 9k or higher since it's in a collection).

I feel like this is one of those cards that will never perform as well as you hope, what with the low contact ratings, especially vs RHP.

Note that this is a guy I'm considering for my non-OL Senators team, and there are only so many players who qualify for this team - so I have a pretty limited universe of players from which to choose. This guy is one of two potential 4th outfielders I could use (the other one hits righties better and plays comparable defense but is maybe twice as expensive as this guy).

Would you pay 9k for this guy as a 4th of/LHP platoon/defensive sub?
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 03:42 PM   #3622
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

[QUOTE=Charlatan;4515692]Posted this in another thread but I'd like some input:

Here's a thought exercise for you guys. Presenting an anonymous batter for your consideration - avoiding the OVR rating and the player's name to get a more objective perspective on the card (I'll reveal it later if people want).

Code:
Slash line for the year the card is based on was on the order of .270/.380/.530 ... OPS+ of 151 for that year... so pretty good.

Now I don't own this card and I'm debating whether or not I should buy it for a platoon vs LHP and/or defensive sub. The questions are this:

1. Do you think the guy will ever hit close to his slash line (cuz I don't), and,
2. What do you think this card would go for and/or be worth (I think it's "worth" around 7.5k but I suspect it'll be offered for closer to 9k or higher since it's in a collection).

I feel like this is one of those cards that will never perform as well as you hope, what with the low contact ratings, especially vs RHP.

Note that this is a guy I'm considering for my non-OL Senators team, and there are only so many players who qualify for this team - so I have a pretty limited universe of players from which to choose. This guy is one of two potential 4th outfielders I could use (the other one hits righties better and plays comparable defense but is maybe twice as expensive as this guy).

Would you pay 9k for this guy as a 4th of/LHP platoon/defensive sub?[/QUOTE
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:04 PM   #3623
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Posted this in another thread but I'd like some input:

Code:

Would you pay 9k for this guy as a 4th of/LHP platoon/defensive sub?
According to my spreadsheets, there are at 3 gold players that are at least as good as this guy is defensively who also hit lefties at an equal to or greater than rate. Any guesses as to who those 3 players are?

Also, no I wouldn't pay for him. Just grab one of these 3 golds instead.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:17 PM   #3624
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

So, omgpuppies, I Googled Tacoma....

It seems it's biggest claim to fame was being the western terminus of the Union Pacific part of the transcontinental railroad. With that in mind...
Attached Images
Old 07-16-2019, 06:18 PM   #3625
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

And also...

The hometown of surf guitar legends...
Attached Images

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 07-16-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:35 PM   #3626
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

For Kaneohe

Honoring Kaneohe's most famous native son, and his breaktrough hit single. To be honest, my initial thought was to honor The Uncle Floyd Show by calling them the Ho-Hums.
Attached Images
Old 07-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #3627
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
According to my spreadsheets, there are at 3 gold players that are at least as good as this guy is defensively who also hit lefties at an equal to or greater than rate. Any guesses as to who those 3 players are?

Also, no I wouldn't pay for him. Just grab one of these 3 golds instead.
Uh...golds...hmmm

88 OVR Clemente
87 OVR Puckett
84 OVR Kaline

Those are my guesses

The guy in question above is 90 OVR Bob Allison, by the way.

The problem is that my only real choices for (good) 4th outfielders are Minnie Minoso or Allison, and Minoso is close to 20k because of all those stupid White Sox missions!
Old 07-16-2019, 09:17 PM   #3628
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Uh...golds...hmmm

88 OVR Clemente
87 OVR Puckett
84 OVR Kaline

Those are my guesses

The guy in question above is 90 OVR Bob Allison, by the way.

The problem is that my only real choices for (good) 4th outfielders are Minnie Minoso or Allison, and Minoso is close to 20k because of all those stupid White Sox missions!
2 out of 3, that's a pretty good effort. The other one is 89 Willie Mays, Kirby's garbage Eye rating brings him down just a hair below the others (in my models anyways).

Old 07-16-2019, 09:56 PM   #3629
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantaCondor View Post
2 out of 3, that's a pretty good effort. The other one is 89 Willie Mays, Kirby's garbage Eye rating brings him down just a hair below the others (in my models anyways).

Are the Condors killing it in Diamond? how are your four starting pitchers for the Cottons not having their arms fall off?

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:24 PM   #3630
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Can you screenshot both cards?

If Carbo is still in the AH next time I log in I will. I’m not suggesting the Rose card may be better I’m just saying I don’t get the 20 point difference in overall as I learn reading the ratings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 10:36 PM   #3631
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Are the Condors killing it in Diamond? how are your four starting pitchers for the Cottons not having their arms fall off?
The Condors started rough, but then won like 16 of 20 and are now competing with Waffletown for the division. And the Cottons run 2 long relievers/emergency SPs, which is enough to fill in those spot starts when my aces are wearing down. Plus idk what it is, but my long relievers (no matter who it is, Dizzy Dean or Brett Anderson or Sad Sam Jones or whoever) average like a 3.0 ERA over ~100 innings each season, so they seem to adapt well in that role. Now if only I can find a way to stop my runs allowed ranking from underperforming my FIP numbers

Old 07-17-2019, 01:38 AM   #3632
joehart
All Star Starter

Our League: -OL and + symbol

It seems that you can not use 4 characters and the + symbol.

I checked Diamond league to see if all the teams use the + symbol and noticed that a few were missing:
I assume some of the teams don't show it because of the 4 characters:
Seattle Pilots - SEA
Luckenbach Armadillos - Luck
Chippewa Grey Wolves - CHI
Roncalli Rebels - REBS

Can the owners please double check.

Also, if you see a + symbol after 4 characters in the schedule, please let me know. I assume my 2560x1600 resolution is wide
enough to show all but it could also be influenced by font & size.

Last edited by joehart; 07-17-2019 at 01:47 AM.
joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:42 AM   #3633
Goliathus
Major Leagues

Well, I did said a page ago that the system only accepts a max of 4 characters for short name. Though SEA and CHI are just 3 characters, so what do I know.
Goliathus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 05:40 AM   #3634
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Keepers Vault to Top of OL S273

Asylum rode a 14-3 sim to take over first, while New York went 11-6 to move into second.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 07-17-2019, 06:20 AM   #3635
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Diamond league update:

Seattle Endless Summer vaults to the top of the standings with a spotless start to their OL season.

and a shot of the overall picture (don't have time for a summary write up this morning):
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:29 AM   #3636
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Redmond jumps to the top of the heap in early Gold play

Code:
Our League Standings - G316 - 2035			
			 W	 L	Pct
Redmond Defenders	 7	 3	.700
Ozark Bobcats		10	 6	.625
Annandale Atom Smashers	10	 7	.588
Harlem Hatchets		10	 7	.588
Janesville Onyx		 9	 9	.500
Tacoma Aroma		 7	10	.412
Victoria Vikings	 5	 8	.385
Texas Strangers		 6	11	.353
Shasta Black Bears	 3	 6	.333

x
Attached Images
Old 07-17-2019, 07:00 AM   #3637
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post

I checked Diamond league to see if all the teams use the + symbol and noticed that a few were missing:
I assume some of the teams don't show it because of the 4 characters:
Seattle Pilots - SEA
Luckenbach Armadillos - Luck
Chippewa Grey Wolves - CHI
Roncalli Rebels - REBS

Can the owners please double check.

Also, if you see a + symbol after 4 characters in the schedule, please let me know. I assume my 2560x1600 resolution is wide
enough to show all but it could also be influenced by font & size.
As you know I am an advocate for this. I did not realize that my 4 letter LUCK+(which they need a lot of) was cutting it off. I changed them to ARM+. I looked at some other team schedules and it now shows. My apologies.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:00 AM   #3638
trevwilson
Minors (Single A)

Same here. Will change it ASAP.

trevwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:12 AM   #3639
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehart View Post

This must've been a small change the development team implemented just this week, but yep it appears to be the case now.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:49 AM   #3640
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Man, Perfect Level is really hard compared to Diamond. I think the Cowboys are destined to be a losing team or .500 at best, unless I drop my theme and go with more meta players. Most guys sitting at under 100 OPS+. Maybe if I get a full slate of 5 SPs as good as my Cy Young I can eke out wins that way.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote