Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:54 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Where Do You Load Stadiums?

I converted OOTP12 to OOTP19 recently.

None of my stadiums made the conversion for some reason.

I have all of them on an external hard drive.

Where do I load them?

Do I just load them into the "ballparks" folder in the OOTP Development folder?

All I see there now is the MLB team stadiums and default stadiums.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-01-2019 at 10:56 PM.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:18 PM   #2
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

This is how I'd navigate it...assuming your file structure is anything like mine:

Documents-->Out of the Park Developments-->OOTP Baseball 19-->Ballparks-->Models

So, basically you want to put your fictional and modded parks into the "Models" sub-folder.

Then, inside OOTP, you can go Team Settings-->Edit Ballpark-->Actions-->Manually import data from file into this ballpark

Select the appropriate ballpark from your file structure to be loaded.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:10 AM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
This is how I'd navigate it...assuming your file structure is anything like mine:

Documents-->Out of the Park Developments-->OOTP Baseball 19-->Ballparks-->Models

So, basically you want to put your fictional and modded parks into the "Models" sub-folder.

Then, inside OOTP, you can go Team Settings-->Edit Ballpark-->Actions-->Manually import data from file into this ballpark

Select the appropriate ballpark from your file structure to be loaded.
Thanks for the help... much appreciate it.

I found where the Models folder is in the OOTP Development.folder… pretty sure I can import them.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-02-2019 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:30 PM   #4
micropterus58
All Star Starter

Hold on there EC. OOTP 12 did not have 3D stadiums. I still have OOTP 15 installed so here is where you need to copy files from and to. Make sure you copy, not move, files otherwise OOTP 12 will be missing files.
Your file structure may be different.

source folder

Z:\OOTP Baseball 12\data\ballparks
You may have folders in this folder. I have year based folders in my OOTP15 folder (1973-1980). These files are JPG and/or PNG files.

destination folder
Z:\OOTP Baseball 19\data\ballparks

waittillnextyear's info works for 3D stadiums, not 2D ones.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:22 AM   #5
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
Hold on there EC. OOTP 12 did not have 3D stadiums. I still have OOTP 15 installed so here is where you need to copy files from and to. Make sure you copy, not move, files otherwise OOTP 12 will be missing files.
Your file structure may be different.

source folder

Z:\OOTP Baseball 12\data\ballparks
You may have folders in this folder. I have year based folders in my OOTP15 folder (1973-1980). These files are JPG and/or PNG files.

destination folder
Z:\OOTP Baseball 19\data\ballparks

waittillnextyear's info works for 3D stadiums, not 2D ones.
Thank you for your help.

My OOTP Development folder doesn't show "data" like yours.… is this a problem?

Mine reads: Documents > OOTP Developments > OOTP19 > ballparks

If I understand you correctly, I just place my stadium files in the ballparks folder.

Do they have to be coded in a certain way?

They are just labeled:
Brewster Street Ballpark.jpg... not Brewster_Street_Ballpark.jpg

Do I need to rename them and place the "_" between each word?

I placed the stadium files in the Models folder as waituntilnextyear advised... I also went to the each team ballpark edit page and installed the proper stadium there for daytime picture, night picture and diagram picture.

However, I figure it is best to remove the stadiums from the Models folder.

Once I hear from you, I will place the stadiums in the ballparks folder.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-03-2019 at 12:51 AM.
Old 03-03-2019, 02:05 PM   #6
micropterus58
All Star Starter

I can't tell you exactly what folder your OOTP19 is installed to. Steam versions are different than Windows versions. You operating system can effect the install location. Even you can change the path when you install or upgrade the game. I do not use the default location. I put OOTP19 on my H: drive. I have three hard drives and these are partitioned.I like to be organized and not throw all of the files in C:\Program Files but that's another matter. Some people have their OOTP data in their "My Documents" folder. This is where your OOTP19 has installed the files. Your OOTP12 installation maybe the similar. So I think you can copy the files without an issue. Maybe someone with an install path similar to yours can offer more help.

As far as the file names the underscores can be used. Usually there is a readme file to explain the naming convention. The ballcaps folder has a readme file, the ballparks folder doesn't. The developers use the underscores so ballcaps and jerseys will automatically load. Maybe they do the same for the stadiums (or stadia, if you prefer). If you browse to the correct file name when you select your stadium either format will work. In OOTP19 you will also see WEBP and PRK files in the destination folder. WEBP files are just another graphic format. There will also be a "models" folder. This is where 3D stadiums go. It is best to move the stadium 2D files from the "models" folder to the "ballparks" folder. Or you may just need to delete the unused files if they are already installed correctly.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 04:36 PM   #7
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
I can't tell you exactly what folder your OOTP19 is installed to. Steam versions are different than Windows versions. You operating system can effect the install location. Even you can change the path when you install or upgrade the game. I do not use the default location. I put OOTP19 on my H: drive. I have three hard drives and these are partitioned.I like to be organized and not throw all of the files in C:\Program Files but that's another matter. Some people have their OOTP data in their "My Documents" folder. This is where your OOTP19 has installed the files. Your OOTP12 installation maybe the similar. So I think you can copy the files without an issue. Maybe someone with an install path similar to yours can offer more help.

As far as the file names the underscores can be used. Usually there is a readme file to explain the naming convention. The ballcaps folder has a readme file, the ballparks folder doesn't. The developers use the underscores so ballcaps and jerseys will automatically load. Maybe they do the same for the stadiums (or stadia, if you prefer). If you browse to the correct file name when you select your stadium either format will work. In OOTP19 you will also see WEBP and PRK files in the destination folder. WEBP files are just another graphic format. There will also be a "models" folder. This is where 3D stadiums go. It is best to move the stadium 2D files from the "models" folder to the "ballparks" folder. Or you may just need to delete the unused files if they are already installed correctly.
I use Windows 10 and download the game from OOTP... I just place it where the game suggests... in My Documents.

Thanks for the help... I deleted the stadium files from the Models folder and installed them in the ballparks folder of OOTP19.

I will play out a game soon to see if the stadiums will load up correctly.

I will rename them if I have to.

Thanks again for your help.

Much appreciate it.

All of you have been a great help.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 03-03-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:32 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the help.

The stadiums are in the game and working fine.

Much appreciate your help.

Recoding them did the job.

Name_of_the_Stadium.jpg
(Use space bars in between each word in the name plus .jpg)

Yankee_Stadium.jpg

Polo_Grounds.jpg

Ponce_de_Leon_Park.jpg
(great old minor league park in Atlanta, the home of the Crackers..." the New York Yankees of Minor League baseball"... the Atlanta Crackers won the Southern Association 16 times... I think that was the most titles any minor team ever won.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:22 PM   #9
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

think city names work? may need a folder named for that? manual touches on this too. like schedules, a name can make things auto-load -- intentionally or accidentally.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote