Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 08:06 AM   #1
zappa1
All Star Starter

update 19.8.64

This is the first update that I don't like. When playing a game out, I get the "working" icon spinning for about 2-3 seconds everytime I click the mouse button. This dramatically slows me playing the game as after every batter this does this. It didn't do this before. If there is a setting that I could correct this, I don't know what it is. The new setting for "optimize image resize" is on default. I didn't touch it. If you enable it, it says it's slower. It's already slower now with the working icon thing spinning.

Can I go back to the last update by re-installing that update?

Last edited by zappa1; 08-14-2018 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:51 AM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

to go back, you may need to uninstall? but, i'd stry just to install the old patch, first.

as long as it doesn't throw an error like, "cannot update to earlier version" all is well. it will replace all the files as needed -- not your saved game stuff, of course.

might want to troubleshoot this a bit... or maybe next patch fixes it if not local to your system. double check 3d settings, maybe they got reset etc... make sure FPS is @60. anti-aliasing makes things look better but extremely resource intensive.. try turning that down.

sound like it's more about processing something than displaying things in 3d, though, by your description. still worth a check. (if integrated graphics, could be same thing, i guess)
Old 08-14-2018, 08:54 AM   #3
zappa1
All Star Starter

right click new insert players in line up

Also the right click option for inserting new players into the line up does nothing. I right click, nothing.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:13 AM   #4
zappa1
All Star Starter

re install previous update

Just re installed the previous update and it didn't work. The install worked, but it didn't fix the problem.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:15 AM   #5
pitch62
Minors (Triple A)

Patch

Same problem. Can't even get into a game to play. After 20 seconds, it crashes! Are these patrches not tested?
Old 08-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Just re installed the previous update and it didn't work. The install worked, but it didn't fix the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitch62 View Post
Same problem. Can't even get into a game to play. After 20 seconds, it crashes! Are these patrches not tested?
We test the patches as much as possible and we've had this one in beta for around a week now, but we're only doing that on something like 200 computers (assuming everyone in beta tests them, which doesn't necessarily happen this time of year) and thus there will always be some setups that we aren't able to fully test on before releasing the patch.

That being said, I wouldn't think you guys issues are related to the patch as such from what you're describing, most likely due to system related issues, slowdowns etc. I don't think there's much in this patch that should've changed how fast the game is likely to run and it's unlikely that a crash 20 seconds in would be patch related.

On the slowdown, if you reinstalled the previous patch and it didn't fix things, again that's likely not so much a patch issue as an issue that the game is maxing out your system's resources. The first thing to do in a situation like that is to restart your computer. Then shut down everything else running at the same time as OOTP, make sure OOTP is whitelisted in your firewall and anti-virus and try again. Also, check to see if there's an update available to your video card drivers as well.

On the crash, doing the same as above can't hurt. In addition, what's happening before the crash, what do you do or click on leading up to the crash?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-14-2018 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #7
zappa1
All Star Starter

That was the first thing I checked was the driver for my video card. Said it was the best one installed. I did noticed that for some reason the update reinstalled C++ 2015. I thought, well I never saw that before. Maybe that did something. It didn't ask me or anything, just installed it. I though that was different.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:33 AM   #8
Ashbury
Minors (Single A)

Has the new version been withdrawn? I saw the announcement, did the download, and installed it, but the version number still shows as 19.7 Build 59. I double checked that I wasn't installing from an old download.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #9
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
Has the new version been withdrawn? I saw the announcement, did the download, and installed it, but the version number still shows as 19.7 Build 59. I double checked that I wasn't installing from an old download.
Nope, it's still up. Are you sure the installation completed successfully? If the game is still showing 19.7.59 I would guess something went wrong with the install. You'll probably want to re-install the patch.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Old 08-14-2018, 11:35 AM   #10
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Ugh, going to be a long day at work after seeing this thread.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:38 AM   #11
zappa1
All Star Starter

I'm playing, but.............

I saved all my special folders I didn't want over written. Unlicensed and uninstalled the game. Ran virus scan. Installed the game from the original download from February. Ran the new update. Copied all my special folders back to where they belong and started the game. New version is showing on the bottom. Loaded the season I was playing and started a game. I still get the working icon after every batter. Other than that, I can play the game, but it's annoying, now. Having to wait 2-3 seconds after every batter. Also, after the game is over, just clicking through different things takes longer, too. Everything seems to have that pause, now. It's still not the way it was yesterday.

Last edited by zappa1; 08-14-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:41 AM   #12
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
I saved all my special folders I didn't want over written. Unlicensed and uninstalled the game. Ran virus scan. Installed the game from the original download from February. Ran the new update. Copied all my special folders back to where they belong and started the game. New version is showing on the bottom. Loaded the season I was playing and started a game. I still get the working icon after every batter. Other than that, I can play the game, but it's annoying, now. Having to wait 2-3 seconds after every batter. Also, after the game is over, just clicking through different things takes longer, too. Everything seems to have that pause, now. It's still not the way it was yesterday.
Do you play 2D or 3D?
Old 08-14-2018, 11:57 AM   #13
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Do you play 2D or 3D?
3D. It played better, yesterday. After every batter, the working icon goes around and around for about 2-3 seconds. Every batter. I know clicking on some pages takes a couple seconds to load the page, but it sure seems longer to me.
Old 08-14-2018, 12:23 PM   #14
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

I also play in 3D and I am not getting this after installing 19.8.64. I do have the sound turned off completely, maybe try it without the sound?
Old 08-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #15
sonicqaz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

After updating I'm getting about a 1 second delay between pitches. I do pitch-by-pitch. This wasn't like this previous to the patch.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:06 PM   #16
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I played out my first game post patch and I am not getting any delays. Game plays the same as before the patch. FWIW I play with sound and text to speech turned on.
Old 08-14-2018, 01:51 PM   #17
Baseballman2K5
Major Leagues

http://ootpdevfiles.com/ootp/

any idea when the new patch will be in the folder above? I have to download from that folder...but from a few of you it sounds I should wait? I do not want my play-by-play any slower.

Last edited by Baseballman2K5; 08-14-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:07 PM   #18
mars001
All Star Reserve

I play 3D on a Surface Pro 4 and it looks great and runs great.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:29 PM   #19
kuma78
Major Leagues

New version is VERY sluggish
Old 08-14-2018, 03:25 PM   #20
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuma78 View Post
New version is VERY sluggish
Agreed, I thought I had done something wrong but it appears not...
Closed Thread