Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 04-14-2017, 02:38 PM   #301
TinyC
Minors (Single A)

Do I need to start a new league to have the offense adjusted? Please say no. If I can't are there adjustment I can make to adjust myself?
TinyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:41 PM   #302
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyC View Post
Do I need to start a new league to have the offense adjusted? Please say no. If I can't are there adjustment I can make to adjust myself?
Was thinking the same thing myself. Started a new franchise the other day (CWS rebuild) and have made a TON of trades and just finished playing through my first season. Hopefully there's a way to make a manual in-game adjustment.
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:42 PM   #303
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyC View Post
Yes.

You can adjust it yourself, just take a look at what the League Totals and LTM's are in a new league, then set them the same in your old league and you should be good.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #304
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Yes.

You can adjust it yourself, just take a look at what the League Totals and LTM's are in a new league, then set them the same in your old league and you should be good.
Sorry, I'm relatively new to OOTP so this kinda flew over my head. What are/how do you check "League Totals" and "LTMs"?
Old 04-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #305
drhay53
Major Leagues

I just wanted to ask about players demanding to be at 'the top of the lineup'. At any given time I seem to have 3-5 of these players in my 25 man rosters, way more than other lineup demands. Is this an ongoing issue? I seem to remember a time in '17 where this was a problem that was patched.
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #306
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
Sorry, I'm relatively new to OOTP so this kinda flew over my head. What are/how do you check "League Totals" and "LTMs"?
They're under 'league settings' > 'stats and ai'

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:15 PM   #307
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
They're under 'league settings' > 'stats and ai'
Gotcha, thanks a lot.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:37 PM   #308
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyone View Post
I've played enough game days to say that is not happening to me, on the low injury setting, with my having slightly decreased the lengths of injuries in injuries.txt (less than usual, because the injuries are actually shorter in the file than they used to be, probably because they can become nagging).

I don't know what the difference between our games is that way. If I were having your results I'd try "very low" and mess around even more with injuries.txt. I'd only turn injuries off as a very last resort (though I'd do it before experiencing what you describe), because if there are no injuries, you don't have to worry about who your backups are-- though I guess you could try suspensions on high and position player fatigue on high if you had to turn off injuries.

My problem isn't the length of injury its the occurance of injuries I have had 15 players on DL at same time and additional minor to moderate injuries to 7 other players at same time 22 players on main roster injuried at same time is completely unheard of and I counted 20 days in a row injuries. Was getting old to say the least and never seen that in all my years (2001) having an issue with injuries. it acts like I have to have a minimum of 10 players on DL for once I finally get below 10 players on DL I get 2 more on DL. Like I said it gets old and annoying
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:42 PM   #309
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Have you updated to the latest patch? The trainer coming out too often should've been fixed a while ago.
I have the most recent patch indeed
Old 04-14-2017, 05:53 PM   #310
Shake Appeal
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for all your work, Lukas!
Shake Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 03:52 AM   #311
Anyone
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
My problem isn't the length of injury its the occurance of injuries I have had 15 players on DL at same time and additional minor to moderate injuries to 7 other players at same time 22 players on main roster injuried at same time is completely unheard of and I counted 20 days in a row injuries. Was getting old to say the least and never seen that in all my years (2001) having an issue with injuries. it acts like I have to have a minimum of 10 players on DL for once I finally get below 10 players on DL I get 2 more on DL. Like I said it gets old and annoying
That's obviously a huge problem. I have no idea why that's happening in your game, and if the only remedy is to turn injuries off, I'd do it. I was just saying it isn't in mine, so there's obviously something we're doing differently.
Anyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:21 AM   #312
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

i agree Anyone. Looks like I be turning the injury feature off. The problem is getting worse for me for I just played a game where I lost 6 players (YES ONE GAME) and ALL have to be put on DL
Old 04-16-2017, 10:38 AM   #313
mjj55409
All Star Starter

Anyone notice any sim speed issues with the latest patch? I started a new 1901 league with 18.4.45 and now simming the 1903 off-season, the game has slowed to a crawl. It takes close to a minute to advance a day. I added 24 minor league clubs in addition to the 16 mlb clubs. I was doing the same thing prior to the patch, and had no issues.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #314
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjj55409 View Post
Anyone notice any sim speed issues with the latest patch? I started a new 1901 league with 18.4.45 and now simming the 1903 off-season, the game has slowed to a crawl. It takes close to a minute to advance a day. I added 24 minor league clubs in addition to the 16 mlb clubs. I was doing the same thing prior to the patch, and had no issues.
Well, one thing we have (re-)learned with this version is to keep an eye on this setting. When 18 first came out, it had this set to "None (Threading Disabled)." That's not really what you want unless you wish OOTPB to take up no more system resources than is barely minimum to run the game. Or something like that.

As a non-tech, I can only say that giving OOTPB more threads to use helps it run faster and smoother. I think the devs have it set now to look at your system and come up with a recommendation, as you see here.

This setting works well for me. Apparently, though, you can tinker with it (why else would it be a setting to set?) so you could try bumping it up past the recommended amount of helper threads and see what it does for you.
Attached Images

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:02 PM   #315
case
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Trying to request devs to add this feature

I have a really (I think good and game enhancing) request. I would like there to be some way of knowing in game when a fielder makes a better than routine play.I noticed in some videos of gameplay that base runners slide occasionally. Do defenders dive for tough play balls? One of my main gripes with the ootp series is that there is little in the way of knowing when a defender makes an above average type defensive play. Because sometimes especially when subbing you would want to see if that great infielder you put in to replace a good hitter for the purpose of sealing a victory in the 9th with defense was justified. If you see him dive for a ball out of range and make the play then you know "hey that was a good idea to put him in the game".

This is not about having eye-candy, but rather an indication of what is happening on the field that confirms and affects decisions made by the manager. Actually I don't care if they slide, blink or just a symbol/letter above them, to indicate that the play they made was not routine. I just mentioned diving because I saw where they were already sliding and assumed if they slide-which conveys nothing pertinent to decision making-and a diving defender could convey vital information about the outcome of the play, then it would be useful. I don't like eye-candy for the sake of eye-candy and this is not that. Actually it dose not even need to be an on field graphic. If there was just small box on the screen that updates in realtime during the game that would list a players name and inning when he makes an above routine play, maybe you could click on it and get the exact situation, ie batter, base runners, putout numbers 4-6-3, etc. For me this is just as important information as any in baseball. It would also make awarding the "Golden Glove" more realistic and rewarding.
Please, is there some way of having something like this implemented in a patch update. Without it, it leaves a very important aspect of the game un appreciated.
Again could you please put it on your list of possible added features.
case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:43 PM   #316
NakedReporta
Minors (Single A)

Why do I have to immediately replace an injured fielder/pitcher after the third out has been recorded, or an injured batter/runner who has just recorded an out? Why won't the game allow you to carry the injured player in your lineup until you actually NEED to replace them? This is the one thing about OOTP that drives me nuts. It forces you to make roster decisions earlier than needed, and sometimes it really gums up the works.
NakedReporta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:01 PM   #317
zigyzig
Minors (Double A)

Prior to the new update 18.4.45, I started a new franchise, made some transactions and in the middle of my first season in Challenge Mode. If I continue, will the default stats output stay the same every new continuing season or will it be automatically tweaked to (less HR / offense in MLB) after the first year is over? Recommendations?
zigyzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:45 PM   #318
CT-Sox-Fan
Minors (Double A)

On my MacBook Pro (2015, 2.9Ghz i5, 8GB RAM, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

If I have the recommended (4), the game crawls to a snails pace. Turn threading off, and by my measurement it's about almost 10x faster (faster is relative - normal should be the word - it's the same as it has been). Threading on my MacBook almost stops it.

MLBD- Toronto Blue Jays GM,
FCBL- Baltimore Orioles GM,
EIB- Texas Rangers GM
CT-Sox-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:25 AM   #319
brettrankin
Minors (Single A)

Are the recommeded software requirements listed somewhere that will run the detailed crowd and 3D graphics?
brettrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:08 PM   #320
attackemu
All Star Reserve

This is a very minor thing, but since OOTP has introduced dual nationality for WBC purposes, etc., the game should generate players with dual nationality. I'm guessing that's trickier than it sounds - you'd want to tie nationalities to names, so it's not ridiculous, but I think it'd add a lot to WBC tournaments that are taking place in like 2033.

-ihatenames
attackemu is offline   Reply With Quote