Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:46 PM   #181
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Turning off scouting just means you see the real ratings. So keep it on by all means, but just be aware that the ratings with it on are not the real, correct ones. You can always just turn it off to see those if you're curious.

The system rankings reflect the scouting consensus in-game which is not based on the real ratings with scouting on!
Quote:
Originally Posted by injury log View Post
I think (though haven't checked in two years, they may have changed how it works) that turning scouting off will mean you no longer 'discover' any international prospects. Instead, you can just change the scouting accuracy setting to '100% accurate'. Either way, you'll see all the true ratings in the game, with no scouting error, but on 100% accurate I can guarantee your scout will still discover international players.
Thanks guys, appreciate the info.
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:57 PM   #182
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by x McLovin x View Post
I was more interested in roster changes - specifically prospect ratings updates, etc., - than anything else so thanks for confirming. I picked the Yankees as my team in the pre-order version but it seemed there were several prospects who are highly rated in real life but were not rated too well in-game.
The NYY prospects I looked at and adjusted after the pre-release came out: Gleyber Torres, Jorge Mateo, James Kaprielian, Albert Abreu, Justus Sheffield. We had really gotten through 95% of team top 30 prospects before pre-release, and we looked at the final 5% this week. Yankees and Astros fans especially should be happier with their prospects now.

As always, if you see anyone whose ratings look wrong with scouting off (or 100% accurate), feel free to let us know in the roster thread, here.
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:03 PM   #183
x McLovin x
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
The NYY prospects I looked at and adjusted after the pre-release came out: Gleyber Torres, Jorge Mateo, James Kaprielian, Albert Abreu, Justus Sheffield. We had really gotten through 95% of team top 30 prospects before pre-release, and we looked at the final 5% this week. Yankees and Astros fans especially should be happier with their prospects now.

As always, if you see anyone whose ratings look wrong with scouting off (or 100% accurate), feel free to let us know in the roster thread, here.
Being a Yankees fan, that's really awesome to hear, thanks a lot for the detail!!
x McLovin x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #184
ovccsteve
All Star Reserve

A Too-Early Request for 19

Would it be possible to get a Progress Bar for importing a league from an earlier version? Seems like it's been importing all day and I have no idea how close I am to ready to play. It's like Christmas Eve without knowing when midnight is going to come.
ovccsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:58 PM   #185
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I've been playing the beta and already attached to my team.. any reason to start over or should I be ok? I know you said rosters were updated.. would you recommend starting over (MLB is what I play) or can I keep going with beta league? Thanks!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:08 PM   #186
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
That would be the first thing to try.

If it doesn't help, open up a support ticket and I'll try to help you out
It happened again with the official release. Specs: Windows 10 64 bit, Intel i5-2500 CPU, R9 380 GPU. It shouldn't be my PC and I haven't had this exact issue in past versions. Weird.
Tyler87898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:35 PM   #187
MBarrett
All Star Reserve

This version appears to be the most stable yet. I'm not seeing any major bugs, maybe a few cosmetic issues and some little things to get ironed out, but overall this version is playable right out of the gate! Kudos on a job well done fellas!
MBarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:47 PM   #188
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Unbelieveable Baseball Game Everyone
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 04:48 PM   #189
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBarrett View Post
This version appears to be the most stable yet. I'm not seeing any major bugs, maybe a few cosmetic issues and some little things to get ironed out, but overall this version is playable right out of the gate! Kudos on a job well done fellas!
Yeah but don't forget...
Attached Images

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:03 PM   #190
jack_2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

d

Last edited by jack_2; 03-24-2017 at 05:18 PM.
jack_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:17 PM   #191
jack_2
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Do I need to redownload or roll with the one I installed as the beta?
jack_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #192
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_2 View Post
Do I need to redownload or roll with the one I installed as the beta?
Yes I need to know does the official release have more bug maintanence or is the patched Beta just the same?

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #193
injury log
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I've been playing the beta and already attached to my team.. any reason to start over or should I be ok? I know you said rosters were updated.. would you recommend starting over (MLB is what I play) or can I keep going with beta league? Thanks!
The set is a bit better now for sure, but that will be true in the first patch, and the second, and so on - it will never be perfect. The first release was very good I think, and if you're having fun with your league, no reason to stop!
injury log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:39 PM   #194
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The set is a bit better now for sure, but that will be true in the first patch, and the second, and so on - it will never be perfect. The first release was very good I think, and if you're having fun with your league, no reason to stop!
You have a good point.. haha.. thanks, I'll keep rolling then!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:22 PM   #195
Chomps
Major Leagues

Manager facegen for player still not showing up on Managers Home Page.
Chomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:49 PM   #196
Jamee999
All Star Reserve

In game setup, would it be possible to get a "duplicate league" button? Now that we have prom/relegation, I find that I want to have 3 or 4 very similar leagues, and it would be great if I could just copy one, and make the limited number of changes that I need, rather than manually having to create the league, and check that all the settings I want are the same. I appreciate that this may be one of those options which seems simple but is actually very difficult on the code level for some reason, but if it isn't, I would really appreciate the option.
Jamee999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:17 PM   #197
Reggie
Major Leagues

First 5 minutes I wasn't sure how much I liked it. I was so used to playing 17 I missed it. But after I started paying attention I really like this version. A lot.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:40 PM   #198
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

I think I like 18 better than 17 and I didn't think it was possible. I just played this game straight since about 3pm this is too addicting
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:42 PM   #199
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovccsteve View Post
Would it be possible to get a Progress Bar for importing a league from an earlier version? Seems like it's been importing all day and I have no idea how close I am to ready to play. It's like Christmas Eve without knowing when midnight is going to come.
Unless it's a seriously huge league and you have a really slow computer it shouldn't take anything like all day to import, there may be an issue there

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:52 PM   #200
drhay53
Major Leagues

Maybe it's just a fluke but in 4 games I've seen 4 guys thrown out at 3rd from RF on a single trying to go 1->3
drhay53 is offline   Reply With Quote