Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 04-30-2017, 07:46 AM   #181
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post
That area is after the park has already been selected.
Yes but you still can select another park from there by clicking that button, "load new 3D model". I know you know this. He may have his fonts set for larger type to make it read easier. That might be why some names get shortened with the ....... at the end. Smaller font might reveal more of the name. It's not any problem.

Also, I just found out that if you click the gray button above the "load new 3D model", you get a drop down list of all the parks in your league you are playing. You can just click on a park from there and it will load it. Never knew that before. Maybe it was like that in OOTP17, too.

Anyway, Good morning and have fun. I'm off to play some games and have my coffee. haha

Last edited by zappa1; 04-30-2017 at 07:51 AM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:48 AM   #182
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
I think so, but it seems to allow more room this year than last. I just recall being unable to clearly identify parks at certain junctures. I'm sure it's the smallest of issues, and may not even be one any longer.
By the way. Did you get the crowd to show on your park?
Old 04-30-2017, 10:44 AM   #183
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Yes but you still can select another park from there by clicking that button, "load new 3D model". I know you know this. He may have his fonts set for larger type to make it read easier. That might be why some names get shortened with the ....... at the end. Smaller font might reveal more of the name. It's not any problem.

Also, I just found out that if you click the gray button above the "load new 3D model", you get a drop down list of all the parks in your league you are playing. You can just click on a park from there and it will load it. Never knew that before. Maybe it was like that in OOTP17, too.

Anyway, Good morning and have fun. I'm off to play some games and have my coffee. haha
When yuou click on Load new 3D Model, you get the large screen that has plenty of room for the park name(s).
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #184
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
By the way. Did you get the crowd to show on your park?
No, I didn't. I started a new thread in this forum called 3D Model Issues. I didn't want to continue taking up space in this thread. I'll remain hopeful.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:49 PM   #185
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I'm sorry to be of any further trouble, but could you please point me to a link, if it exists, of your silvam's parks with backgrounds without sophisticated crowds? I do so want to enjoy the backgrounds, and I would settle for plain, unassuming crowds over the black void, not unlike life at large.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:34 PM   #186
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
I'm sorry to be of any further trouble, but could you please point me to a link, if it exists, of your silvam's parks with backgrounds without sophisticated crowds? I do so want to enjoy the backgrounds, and I would settle for plain, unassuming crowds over the black void, not unlike life at large.
Did you try going to setting 3D & FaceGen, and changing the Audience detail to Simplified?
Old 04-30-2017, 03:47 PM   #187
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did you try going to setting 3D & FaceGen, and changing the Audience detail to Simplified?
See my post in 3D Model Issues for a list of everything I'd tried to date.

Today, I'm in the process of uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I've renamed the Models directory to OldModels temporarily and after the completion of the reinstall, I'll start one stadium at a time, beginning with the game's, then silvam's originals, then your backgrounds, then backgrounds with 3D crowds, if indeed the latter is different. I'm determined to find the answer.

Thank you for your continuing interest in helping and, of course, your tremendous contributions here.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:03 PM   #188
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Well, interestingly enough, after the reinstall, there is no Models directory. Doesn't the game come with 3D parks beyond the three default files? Why isn't there a Models directory after a new install? Argh....
Old 04-30-2017, 04:10 PM   #189
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Sounds like you've really entered the Twilight Zone, eg.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:15 PM   #190
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Sounds like you've really entered the Twilight Zone, eg.
Yeah. Been there for a long time, 'strick.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:46 PM   #191
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yeah. Been there for a long time, 'strick.
Are you using a Commodore 64? Haha!

Are you re-installing to the default?
Old 04-30-2017, 05:12 PM   #192
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are you using a Commodore 64? Haha!

Are you re-installing to the default?
Yes.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:40 PM   #193
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yes.
I have no idea what the problem is. I would have to see it.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:53 PM   #194
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have no idea what the problem is. I would have to see it.
I know. I don't what else to show you. I'm at loss, just having a go at various things to see what happens. I have to believe it's something simple, but I can't stumble upon it. Just now, I used silvam's parks, loaded two teams, adjusted camera angles, then Exit Game, only to have the game force close with the "OOTP Must Close":

I've done something very wrong in a previous life. Maybe it was this one.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:22 PM   #195
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
I know. I don't what else to show you. I'm at loss, just having a go at various things to see what happens. I have to believe it's something simple, but I can't stumble upon it. Just now, I used silvam's parks, loaded two teams, adjusted camera angles, then Exit Game, only to have the game force close with the "OOTP Must Close":

I've done something very wrong in a previous life. Maybe it was this one.
Do have anything running in background, e.g. a backup program? Also, I have found that if some the teams in my league do not have parks attached to them in the parks edit file, it would cause the game to crash.

Again, if I could see it could probably figure it out. You don't happen to live close to Arizona do you?
Old 04-30-2017, 08:44 PM   #196
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do have anything running in background, e.g. a backup program? Also, I have found that if some the teams in my league do not have parks attached to them in the parks edit file, it would cause the game to crash.

Again, if I could see it could probably figure it out. You don't happen to live close to Arizona do you?
Just virus and malware protection. Same ones I've run for years, now. Just going to keep at it step by step until, maybe, something good happens. Be nice to be in Arizona, but no, I'm not, and your kindness is appreciated. I'm pretty sure I've provided all I can, but I can jump to the issue thread and post my settings, a couple of comments, and a copy of the files I'm using that create the black crowd. Not sure there's more I can do than that. Drivers are updated and video's integrated on a laptop. Shrug. Every version has a frustration. Guess this one's mine for 18.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:28 PM   #197
zappa1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Just virus and malware protection. Same ones I've run for years, now. Just going to keep at it step by step until, maybe, something good happens. Be nice to be in Arizona, but no, I'm not, and your kindness is appreciated. I'm pretty sure I've provided all I can, but I can jump to the issue thread and post my settings, a couple of comments, and a copy of the files I'm using that create the black crowd. Not sure there's more I can do than that. Drivers are updated and video's integrated on a laptop. Shrug. Every version has a frustration. Guess this one's mine for 18.
Don't let it eat you up. Don't get down on yourself. If you've reported it all with all the info, just be patient. I'm sure somebody will respond with what to do. Can you at least play games?
Old 04-30-2017, 10:50 PM   #198
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Have you enabled trace log? The log might clue you in to what file(s) fail when using 3D.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:18 AM   #199
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I haven't, but posted a clue in the 3D Model Issue thread. See the last few posts. Still getting crashes, but on to solving the blackish crowd issue at least.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:22 AM   #200
endgame
Hall Of Famer

So, does anyone have an active link to adion's fictional parks w/ backgrounds? I'm getting nothing, finding nothing. All links fail to find files on mediafire.

Edit: Not that link isn't important, but I may have found and old stash of them on my PC. Still appreciate the link. It might have updates.

Last edited by endgame; 05-01-2017 at 12:24 AM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote