Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-04-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

"Player refuses to be demoted"

Can this be fixed in future versions so it doesn't happen when you are just removing a guy who is in AAA from the 40 man roster? He's going right back to AAA so there is no "demotion".
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:58 PM   #2
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

What option did you select that gave you that response?
Old 12-04-2015, 08:02 PM   #3
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
What option did you select that gave you that response?
Not sure what you mean but I put a 32 year old veteran who was in AAA on waivers & DFA & then after clearing waivers when I tried to put him back into AAA he "refused to be demoted". In this case it isn't that big a deal in terms of my game play because he is pretty useless & can be released but I have had it happen other times to guys I wanted to hang on to for depth.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:10 PM   #4
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
Not sure what you mean but I put a 32 year old veteran who was in AAA on waivers & DFA & then after clearing waivers when I tried to put him back into AAA he "refused to be demoted". In this case it isn't that big a deal in terms of my game play because he is pretty useless & can be released but I have had it happen other times to guys I wanted to hang on to for depth.
You should just have put him on waivers then removed him from the 40-man. By DFAing him you gave him the opportunity to decline his re-assignment which is his right. Players already in the minors do not have to be DFA'd. Release him.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:25 PM   #5
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
You should just have put him on waivers then removed him from the 40-man. By DFAing him you gave him the opportunity to decline his re-assignment which is his right. Players already in the minors do not have to be DFA'd. Release him.
I did not know that. I always thought you had to do both in order to remove from 40 man. Thanks.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:46 AM   #6
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Welp! So I just tried it out and it doesn't work that way. Just put a guy in AAA on irrevocable waivers and he is still on the 40 man roster. It wasn't until I designated him for assignment that he was removed. So as I said in the OP, can we get this fixed for the future?

Last edited by Dyzalot; 12-05-2015 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:08 AM   #7
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

There is no other way that I know of to remove a guy from the 40 man roster besides dfa him. It makes sense that he would be able to refuse that. You are cutting his pay significantly by removing him from the 40

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:20 AM   #8
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Welp! So I just tried it out and it doesn't work that way. Just put a guy in AAA on irrevocable waivers and he is still on the 40 man roster. It wasn't until I designated him for assignment that he was removed. So as I said in the OP, can we get this fixed for the future?
No, you missed the point. The guy you had trouble with was already in AAA you said. But obviously he had the right to refuse assignment because you designated him for assignment. In this case your only option is to put him on the active roster or release him. The one above probably didn't have the right to refuse assignment so once he clears waivers he can be assigned and removed from the 40-man roster. Players with the caret ^ have the right to refuse.

It's working properly.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 12-05-2015, 01:31 AM   #9
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Just looked up 40 man roster rules. A player can be outrighted only once in their careers without consent. Also players with more than 5 pro service years have to have consent. So it appears that everything is in order. You player did not consent to be removed off the 40 man roster

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

Old 12-05-2015, 01:42 AM   #10
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
Just looked up 40 man roster rules. A player can be outrighted only once in their careers without consent. Also players with more than 5 pro service years have to have consent. So it appears that everything is in order. You player did not consent to be removed off the 40 man roster
OOTP doesn't follow the "once without consent" rule but otherwise that's the way DFA works. I'd like to see it implemented in OOTP, it would add a real life challenge to roster management.

RichW

Old 12-05-2015, 01:45 AM   #11
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OOTP doesn't follow the "once without consent" rule but otherwise that's the way DFA works. I'd like to see it implemented in OOTP, it would add a real life challenge to roster management.
Maybe it's there already. I never paid attention but does a player get the right to refuse once he's dfa' once before?

Old 12-05-2015, 01:46 AM   #12
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
No, you missed the point. The guy you had trouble with was already in AAA you said. But obviously he had the right to refuse assignment because you designated him for assignment. In this case your only option is to put him on the active roster or release him. The one above probably didn't have the right to refuse assignment so once he clears waivers he can be assigned and removed from the 40-man roster. Players with the caret ^ have the right to refuse.

It's working properly.
I'm confused. Didn't you tell me that you can remove someone in AAA from the 40 man without using the DFA? The right to refuse a demotion makes sense when demoting from ML to AAA but should it apply to a guy staying in AAA but being removed from the 40 man?
Old 12-05-2015, 02:01 AM   #13
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
Maybe it's there already. I never paid attention but does a player get the right to refuse once he's dfa' once before?
No you can play the DFA game over and over. I mean sometimes you do have to release a player who can refuse but unlike real life a non right of refusal player can be DFA'd multiple times.

RichW

Old 12-05-2015, 02:02 AM   #14
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The question there is how did that player get to the minor leagues in the first place? Given that he was described as a 32-year-old veteran, it is reasonable to conclude he had no options left. If he has no options left, then he cannot be both in the minors and on the 40-man roster at the same time.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:07 AM   #15
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm confused. Didn't you tell me that you can remove someone in AAA from the 40 man without using the DFA? The right to refuse a demotion makes sense when demoting from ML to AAA but should it apply to a guy staying in AAA but being removed from the 40 man?
Yes a non-right of refusal player on a minor league contract can be removed from the 40-man roster once he clears waivers. Not 100% sure on MLB contracts. I think they have to be DFA'd.

RichW

Old 12-05-2015, 02:08 AM   #16
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
The question there is how did that player get to the minor leagues in the first place? Given that he was described as a 32-year-old veteran, it is reasonable to conclude he had no options left. If he has no options left, then he cannot be both in the minors and on the 40-man roster at the same time.
A right of refusal player can consent to a minor league assignment then change his mind. That's what the delayed DFA did.

Many such players have options left.

RichW

Last edited by RchW; 12-05-2015 at 02:10 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:00 AM   #17
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yes a non-right of refusal player on a minor league contract can be removed from the 40-man roster once he clears waivers. Not 100% sure on MLB contracts. I think they have to be DFA'd.
Not true. I just tried it. That was why I posted above saying it didn't work. This was the guy.
Attached Images
Old 12-05-2015, 03:01 AM   #18
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
He can if the quick start starts him that way. And he may have had options left. The option wouldn't come into play since he was already in AAA.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:17 AM   #19
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not true. I just tried it. That was why I posted above saying it didn't work. This was the guy.
He's got an MLB contract. Read what I said in the previous post. Post 15

RichW

Old 12-05-2015, 03:31 AM   #20
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
He's got an MLB contract. Read what I said in the previous post. Post 15
See post #4 where you never mentioned what kind of contract was required for it to work. You only said if he was in AAA then you don't have to use the DFA. And isn't everyone on the 40 man roster on a ML contract?