Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 09-12-2015, 01:17 AM   #61
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

A couple of things, a way to see the bullpen on the game screen, to see if the relievers are ready or not.

Second on the managers office screen a box to see the starting rotation, it's own box not with the starting lineups.

John

Last edited by Mt Fire Fighter; 09-12-2015 at 01:18 AM.
Mt Fire Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:04 AM   #62
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josquin View Post
Yes, and for draft pool listings, the ability to filter by Signability as well!
I would like it go even further, every column I can put in a view should also be filterable.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:39 AM   #63
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
A customization of length of sim.... or three. There are times (read Winter Meetings) when I do not want to sim daily but I do not want to sim a week. There are other times when I want to sim 2 weeks at a pop. If I had one or two or three sim option that I can customize the length of it would be nice.

This one already exists man. In the play menu, there is an option called "sim to date" or "play to date". You choose that option, and then just choose which date you wish to sim to. You can choose any date!
Old 09-12-2015, 09:46 AM   #64
Saul Goodman
Minors (Double A)

Would like to see the information in the batters v pitchers tab to be sortable by number of AB/H/HR/AVG instead of just alphabetical order.

On the topic of that tab, would be nice if a players record v every team he's played is added somehow instead of just his record against individual pitchers. Maybe also add the same tab for pitchers too.

Last edited by Saul Goodman; 09-12-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Saul Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:46 PM   #65
ThePretender
All Star Starter

Can we get a faster way to release guys? Like maybe put a checkmark on players in the transaction screen and then just release all the checkmarked players. Much faster than releasing 60 guys in the minors. Almost like the PM system here, where you can quickly delete like 30 sent or received PMs.

It takes forever to release them 1 by 1 when you've got release 60+ guys.

Last edited by ThePretender; 09-12-2015 at 06:51 PM.
ThePretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #66
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePretender View Post
Can we get a faster way to release guys? Like maybe put a checkmark on players in the transaction screen and then just release all the checkmarked players. Much faster than releasing 60 guys in the minors. Almost like the PM system here, where you can quickly delete like 30 sent or received PMs.

It takes forever to release them 1 by 1 when you've got release 60+ guys.
Can already do that just as you are requesting. "Check" the players to release, right click, select transactions and release players.

Last edited by byzeil; 09-12-2015 at 07:18 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:09 AM   #67
ThePretender
All Star Starter

Learn something new everyday. Thanks!
ThePretender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:09 PM   #68
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

a) Please default ratings to screen in use - i.e. pitcher ratings when looking at pitching staff and hitting ratings when looking at lineups.

b) In coaching screens - color-code available coaches/scouts that are ex-players

c) please ... ALWAYS scroll to the very top player - this has always frustrated me how on some screens the scroll bar is not at the very top.

d) the front office screen currently does not show all the minor league positions - just GM, Hitting Coach and Pitching Coach for some reason?????

e) Can Clone and Delete players be an option that can be 'grayed out'? I hate it when I do that by mistake - LOL!

f) I have been asking for this for years - when playing in commissioner mode and managing all teams - when I go from team to team can I automatically be 'acting as that team' ????

Last edited by david limbaugh; 09-13-2015 at 02:13 PM.
david limbaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:51 PM   #69
t-bone shuffle
All Star Reserve

I'd love it if I could determine what stats are displayed, and the order, in the pitcher and hitter in-game boxes.
t-bone shuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 10:37 PM   #70
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
This one already exists man. In the play menu, there is an option called "sim to date" or "play to date". You choose that option, and then just choose which date you wish to sim to. You can choose any date!
When doing sims that are just a day or two this becomes tedious. I use that option often but it is quicker to sim one day twice or three times than to go to the specific date option. It is more a matter of quickness to click the option.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:08 AM   #71
CHOWDERHEAD
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
When doing sims that are just a day or two this becomes tedious. I use that option often but it is quicker to sim one day twice or three times than to go to the specific date option. It is more a matter of quickness to click the option.
I would love to see a "sim upcoming series" button.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:39 AM   #72
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

I would like to see a option for a home screen using a web page motif such as espn.com as the template. On top of the screen would be the scores of the day. On the left would be the current standings. The center page would be the current news and latest box score for your team and to the right instead of the twitter feed that espn.com has now, the league news could be there. That way news could be pushed to the user and there would be less reliance on email to convey the news. When the user clicks the check mark to start a new day, the web page automatically refreshes with the day's new stories and scores.
Roy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:04 AM   #73
geoffmatt17
Major Leagues

I'd love the option on the player trade screen to "Show Potential Ratings" in addition to "Show Ratings". Finding prospects to trade for on the trade screen is super hard to do. Even if stars, etc, are on, I still have to click on each player's profile to view their potentials.
geoffmatt17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:08 PM   #74
mryt1993
Bat Boy

Trade sreen

In the trade screen, in the Trade Summary area, it would be great if once hitting "make this work", and entering a player's profile it wouldnt go back to the first screen, without the "make it work" suggestions disappearing, especially since youve changed nothing in regard of the players who you are trading away.

it would also be great if you could shop a multi player trade -
say trading away a single player for more than a single player, or trading away two or more players.

Last edited by mryt1993; 09-14-2015 at 02:10 PM.
mryt1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:37 PM   #75
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

1. would love to see the "news" section printable in chronological order between two dates. (full stories, not abbreviated)

2. Is it still not possible to get the awards for the current season to print in the current almanac instead of the year following?

PS: I realized after I posted these aren't "interface" issues, and apologize for that error. I would like these added to the "ideas for V17 though if someone could move them when that forum is opened.

Last edited by HRBaker; 09-14-2015 at 09:01 PM.
HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:39 PM   #76
dg32
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by david limbaugh View Post
c) please ... ALWAYS scroll to the very top player - this has always frustrated me how on some screens the scroll bar is not at the very top.
This one really bothers me as well.

My only suggestion, and I believe somebody mentioned something similar on the 2nd page (backspace button), is to allow the use of mouse buttons to go to the previous/next pages. Football Manager allows this, and it is so much better than having to manually click on the back and forward arrows in the interface.
dg32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:41 PM   #77
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Different sorting in "Live Game Webcast" ...

The latest scoring should be at the top - so when you have a high-scoring game (and/or double-header) you could stay on top of things.

Also, I would love to have the option to auto play up to my team's game.

Right now I can auto play until next game, but if my team plays a late west coast game, I either have to set the speed to 300 to get to the game faster or to quick play all other teams. An option to auto-sim up to my team's game would be helpful.
Like this - there was a high-scoring opener of the double-header and now everything that happens in the second game can't be seen
Attached Images
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:54 PM   #78
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Would be great to easily be able to see all of a single player's statistics just for one particular team.
you can do this in the team registry really easy for each team's history. just go to registry, players are alphabetical, find him and look at his stats. they only show for that team
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:30 PM   #79
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

When we do player strategy...a "clear player strategy button" would be nice instead of having to go through every player and change them to none when you have to start player strategy from scratch

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 09:07 PM   #80
deacon2817
Minors (Double A)

Would it be possible either on the managers office schedule bar or on the options and preview screen to have the starting time displayed? This would make line up decisions easier then going to the schedule screen. Putting it on both would be great for us old guys with short term memory problems.
deacon2817 is offline   Reply With Quote