Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 12-22-2014, 03:30 PM   #1
Joel Howe
Bat Boy

Feature Requests

Hi everyone,

I've only played through a single season, so I'm still a newbie, but I have a few suggestions that might be worth considering for future versions of the game:

1. It would be nice to be able to sim for long stretches without worrying about goalie fatigue, but without handing over control of your entire lineup to the AI. If there was an option to have the AI handle only goaltender changes, that would be really handy.
2. Another feature request: in OOTP Baseball, you control personnel decisions for your farm teams. It would be nice to be able to do the same in FHM. For example: if your AHL team has a lot of young players, you could hire a head coach who is more skilled in prospect development.
3. It would be useful to be able to specify what you're looking for in a trade. I had a good number of trade offers from the AI over the course of the season, but I only accepted maybe one because the rest weren't offering what I was looking for. If you could specify that you're looking for Veteran D, a LW Prospect, a high-ability G, or draft picks, then teams would be more likely to only offer a trade that was useful to you. In turn, if the AI generated this "want list" for the other teams, you could see what other teams were looking for, too.
4. It would be handy to be able to search for a player by ratings. So if I know my team lacks a defensive C who can also grind it out, I could search for a C with a "defensive read" of at least 14 and a "hitting" of at least 13.
5. My scouts found a number of quality players playing overseas, but I couldn't sign them until the season was over. During the off-season, when I tried to sign them, they said they were not currently interested in overseas offers. It would be nice if we didn't have to wait until the off-season to get this information. For instance, such players could have their preference to stay overseas listed on their profile.
6. Some more context in the in-game play-by-play would be welcome. There is no reference to the playoff round or the series score, for example. I won the Stanley Cup and it wasn't mentioned at all in the play-by-play of the game.
7. Line/player matching would be a welcome addition to "Tactics." If I have a strong defensive line/player, I might want it/them matched up with the opposing team's best line/player. Of course this would be more effective when your team has last change, but could still be attempted when playing as the visiting team.

Thanks so much for a fun game. I'm so glad this franchise exists and I'm excited to see it grow with each new version.

Happy holidays!
Joel Howe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:22 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Howe View Post
Hi everyone,

4. It would be handy to be able to search for a player by ratings. So if I know my team lacks a defensive C who can also grind it out, I could search for a C with a "defensive read" of at least 14 and a "hitting" of at least 13.
Welcome to the forums!

I really like this one. So you can select the filter to view any particular attribute as well position and salary (seeing as how teams are so close to the cap) and have it search through for a league (that you would also select based on a dropdown list). That would simplify it alot.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:01 AM   #3
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Teams relocate by the computer?
Wavier Trades? DFA?
Trades at Draft like lets Say Ketz Pier an Insider for the Game is Reporting from the floor and saying Tom Marks,Mark Staal to the Lighting for Bob John's,Prospect Sidney the Kid,2015 4th Rounder,3rd Rounder 2016
Old 01-01-2015, 02:38 PM   #4
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

There are a lot of features people are dying to see, myself I could list about 20 but I'd certainly like to see the players career tracked in a sense, as in if they were to win the Calder cup or any memorial end of season trophies, taking part in world juniors and winning gold - silver or bronze during they're junior stints and all star games they took part in.

Kinda adds the element of seeing the resume of a top notch prospect or just a ordinary prospect with potential that has piled up an impressive list of achievements and could be given a second chance to be drafted earlier.

Tracking injuries is another one. I'd like to see the past list of injuries and a time line of missed games throughout they're careers.
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:19 PM   #5
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

I'm just content with a patch at this point.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:30 AM   #6
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

... or the idea of a patch before summer ....
Old 01-03-2015, 04:21 PM   #7
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorreporre View Post
... or the idea of a patch before summer ....
But think how happy you will be the one day (tomorrow, next week, in the summer) whenever it happens that the patch is released!

Basically Sebastian has said in a previous post that the 'new way of giving information' is going to stay for now.