Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-31-2019, 09:41 AM   #4681
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Sounds good. Just to make sure the rules are clear

1. Your new team has to be FTP - the only PP you can use are those you earn from playing. You can't have EVER purchased PP for the team that wants to be in the OL.
2. You cannot use any 2019 Live players or any variations thereof (no Future Legends, no POTM no 2019 All-Star Game cards). Your active roster should only be historical players (doesn't matter what your reserve roster has on it but I like to make all my 2019 players inactive so I don't even have to worry about accidentally activating an illegal player).

Assuming that's true (and since it's a new team I assume it would be), then welcome!

People will strongly suggest you don't create the team until Monday morning so you can spend a week in the Entry Pool, since that gives you a full week to earn PP in a pretty easy environment.

The week you spend in the Entry Pool you won't really be in the OL but it's a good foundation, and you'll get a lot of PP, so it's recommended to start out that way.

Once your team is ready to move up to Iron, you need to do the following (on the Saturday or Sunday before the new leagues form):

1. Post here with the name of your team and your manager name
2. Go to the OL friends list, located here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...BNFnWty3o/edit. Find everyone who's at the level you're going to be in (I assume Iron). Friend those people. Set your league placement setting to "Use Friends List". Make sure to hit the Submit Team button after you do that.
3. Everyone in Iron will friend you back
4. Monday morning you'll be placed in the Iron OL.
5. Enjoy!

If you have any questions, feel free to post here.
Team: Sierra Vista Scorpions
Mgr: AGDion

I 'friended' all the Iron league but there was only 3. Is the correct?
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:05 AM   #4682
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Perfect league update:

As the schedule heads into the final month, Aina Haina moves into the lead in a tight race at the top.

in the overall picture, OL teams currently hold 8 of 10 playoff positions, with Aina Haina, Cigar City, Washington, Battery Point and Waffletown leading their respective divisions; and Bold Strategy, Southern and Kaneohe holding wild card spots. Plenty of tight division races remain, so lots of room for movement over the last 30 days.
Attached Images
Image Image 
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:08 AM   #4683
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adion View Post

correct.... most of the OL teams have climbed up to Silver level or higher
Old 08-31-2019, 10:09 AM   #4684
Magus978
All Star Starter

Since Diezwraths isn't gonna be able to do the gold stuff tonight, I'll keep an eye on it and send Stanley the head to heads once the season ends. That is, unless I can somehow get the maths right this time around! If I do, then we get the fancy color-filled results.

http://twitch.tv/GanbaMagus

Magus978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:10 AM   #4685
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
Yep. Poor O'Fallon, Stephensville, & Gotham having been left in the dust.

Old 08-31-2019, 10:24 AM   #4686
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus978 View Post

I’m going to put a team in entry league Monday that will be ready for OL on the 9th.

San Pedro has enough for two moves, Everett 3. Boogie picked up Buddy Bell this morning below market value has 2 bids out and is holding out for one of two specific players so they will be set for a while. A new team will give me something more to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:40 AM   #4687
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

hoping that after 400 wins in the last 3+ seasons in Iron, my pack-only bunch can actually win a playoff series and move up a tier
Old 08-31-2019, 10:52 AM   #4688
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Iron league update:

Stephensville takes the season series vs Gotham, while O'Fallon hangs out in their private sandbox and shuns all visitors

overall picture.... Stephensville and O'Fallon both hold comfortable leads in their divisions, while Gotham has dropped 5 games back of the second wild card spot. The question still remains whether Stephensville and O'Fallon can actually translate their regular season success into a solid post season run for once.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-31-2019, 10:58 AM   #4689
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That's all there are right now. You might want to fill out your list with teams and bronze and silver, so you have less to do as you advance.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 08-31-2019 at 10:59 AM.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 11:07 AM   #4690
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Iron league update:

Stephensville takes the season series vs Gotham, while O'Fallon hangs out in their private sandbox and shuns all visitors

overall picture.... Stephensville and O'Fallon both hold comfortable leads in their divisions, while Gotham has dropped 5 games back of the second wild card spot. The question still remains whether Stephensville and O'Fallon can actually translate their regular season success into a solid post season run for once.

I hope so too, so we can get the odd bronze OL update. Oops, I meant to quote the post about your team moving up.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 08-31-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:09 AM   #4691
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
So, there will only be 4 teams in the league? Should I friend some of the higher leagues at this time?
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 11:16 AM   #4692
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
You can't seriously be saying this after one of your teams just won a World Series at every level?

New content unveiled: PEAK Magus!

Meant to address this earlier, but I think what rankles Magus Steinbrenner is the fact that the Boppers have never taken home the real prize, an OL crown.
Old 08-31-2019, 11:18 AM   #4693
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So, there will only be 4 teams in the league? Should I friend some of the higher leagues at this time?

Yes, fill up your list with bronze and silver OL teams. It'll save you work as you move up.
Old 08-31-2019, 12:01 PM   #4694
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Interesting playoff situation in perfect...

The AC Central is where the three powerhouse teams are, and it turns out that the three best records in the AC are those three teams. So two (most likely the OL teams the Southern Southpaws and the Bold Strategy Cottons). All three teams have at least a 96% chance of making playoffs according to the Pennant Tracker.

In the AC East, meanwhile, it is a struggle for mediocrity, as all five of the teams still have a shot at winning the division, and the fourth place team is only two games back of the lead. Still, the three OL teams at the top (Syrups, Puppies, and Condors) together have an 88% chance of making the playoffs and an 82% chance of winning the division. The AC West is the Energizer Bunnies' race to lose. With a 7-game lead in the division, they are rated as a 94% chance of making the playoffs with most of the remainder belonging to the Bold North.

In the NC East, it is the Senator's race to lose (with a five game lead, they have a 99% chance of making the playoffs, either by winning the division or taking a wild card), but the Mokes are hanging in there, with a 70% chance of making the playoffs.

The Cigar City Lagers have a slim lead in the NC Central, with a 93% chance of winning the division or getting a wild card, and the Parakeets, with a six-game lead in the West, have a 96.5% chance of making the playoffs.

In all, eight of the top ten best records belong to OL teams, but only one of the teams in current relegation status are Our League --- the Virginia Freeloaders (though one more, the Black Bears, are just above the current relegation line).

If the season ended today, those eight would also be in the playoffs, but, as seen above, there are several more that could still pass them.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 12:06 PM   #4695
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Annandale Edges To The Top As Race Tightens

The Atom Smashers got hot in August, going 9-4 in OL play to take the smallest of leads in the Diamond race. Can they keep it up?
Is this Annandale's year???

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 12:09 PM   #4696
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Interesting playoff situation in perfect...

The AC Central is where the three powerhouse teams are, and it turns out that the three best records in the AC are those three teams. So two (most likely the OL teams the Southern Southpaws and the Bold Strategy Cottons). All three teams have at least a 96% chance of making playoffs according to the Pennant Tracker.

In the AC East, meanwhile, it is a struggle for mediocrity, as all five of the teams still have a shot at winning the division, and the fourth place team is only two games back of the lead. Still, the three OL teams at the top (Syrups, Puppies, and Condors) together have an 88% chance of making the playoffs and an 82% chance of winning the division. The AC West is the Energizer Bunnies' race to lose. With a 7-game lead in the division, they are rated as a 94% chance of making the playoffs with most of the remainder belonging to the Bold North.

In the NC East, it is the Senator's race to lose (with a five game lead, they have a 99% chance of making the playoffs, either by winning the division or taking a wild card), but the Mokes are hanging in there, with a 70% chance of making the playoffs.

The Cigar City Lagers have a slim lead in the NC Central, with a 93% chance of winning the division or getting a wild card, and the Parakeets, with a six-game lead in the West, have a 96.5% chance of making the playoffs.

In all, eight of the top ten best records belong to OL teams, but only one of the teams in current relegation status are Our League --- the Virginia Freeloaders (though one more, the Black Bears, are just above the current relegation line).

If the season ended today, those eight would also be in the playoffs, but, as seen above, there are several more that could still pass them.

and Victoria can't be counted out in the AC East, as they play 10 games against Waffletown this month (and have already won the first 2)
Old 08-31-2019, 12:21 PM   #4697
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
and Victoria can't be counted out in the AC East, as they play 10 games against Waffletown this month (and have already won the first 2)
And my Caspers (the only non-OL team in that division, and currently one game behind Waffletown) are wishing you the best of luck in that series --- assuming the Caspers continue to win as well.

allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 01:10 PM   #4698
Magus978
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Meant to address this earlier, but I think what rankles Magus Steinbrenner is the fact that the Boppers have never taken home the real prize, an OL crown.
I just want to win everything, I don't care what it is. Second place is just the first loser, and I believe the Boppers have been the first loser on more than one occasion, at least in the OL standings.

Winning = advancement
Failure = stagnation

Old 08-31-2019, 03:04 PM   #4699
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
I just want to win everything, I don't care what it is. Second place is just the first loser, and I believe the Boppers have been the first loser on more than one occasion, at least in the OL standings.

Winning = advancement
Failure = stagnation
Easy there, Ricky Bobby.

OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:16 PM   #4700
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:

Correct, you got it. I've added the Scorpions to the friend list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Is this Annandale's year???
BE STILL MY HEART!!!
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote