Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-26-2019, 11:56 PM   #1
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Where does negative "Cash from Owner" go?

I suspect that it will never be seen but when an owner takes cash from you, does it go into a secret money pool that can be used to one day give a budget higher than the revenue?

Or does it simply get wiped from the game?

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:36 AM   #2
pgjocki
All Star Starter

It's gone - your owner is a tight wad and will probably always be a tight wad.

Depending upon how you set the game up if you start with a small market low budget team you will never ever get a budget like the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:35 AM   #3
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Your owner spends it for his own purposes. F.e. he invests it in Bambi, his well-built, 21-year-old, Swedish, sorta high-maintenance ... friend. "Friend".

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:02 AM   #4
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Pays for No, No, Nanette.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 10:04 AM   #5
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

an asian massage parlor
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:06 PM   #6
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
an asian massage parlor

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:27 PM   #7
Palaaemon
Minors (Triple A)

To purchase a $100+ million yacht for themselves. Snyder $100M, Blanks $180M and Jones $250M Superyacht. Work hard GMs!
Old 02-27-2019, 01:30 PM   #8
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgjocki View Post
It's gone - your owner is a tight wad and will probably always be a tight wad.

Depending upon how you set the game up if you start with a small market low budget team you will never ever get a budget like the Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox.
I've played as Tampa and Pittsburgh and have been able to have a top 10 payroll, while not the top, definitely an improvement from where they start
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:34 PM   #9
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
I've played as Tampa and Pittsburgh and have been able to have a top 10 payroll, while not the top, definitely an improvement from where they start
If your playing full MLB setup some cities its possible. I know my 1st team in OOTP 19 was Pittsburgh and they scaled up beautifully.

However cities like Oakland and Detroit will never scale up. Because you might be able to slowly improve fan interest in those cities increasing fan interest is completely bonked out.

Doesn't matter if you win 5 WS in a row in some cities it won't push up interest. You can 10 popular players it doesn't matter as over the year it always returns to where it started.

But normal cities like say Pit. You win a couple WS and sign some players your fan interest will be pegged at 90+. Oakland you could win for 10 years and it will be in the high 40s still.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:56 PM   #10
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
If your playing full MLB setup some cities its possible. I know my 1st team in OOTP 19 was Pittsburgh and they scaled up beautifully.

However cities like Oakland and Detroit will never scale up. Because you might be able to slowly improve fan interest in those cities increasing fan interest is completely bonked out.

Doesn't matter if you win 5 WS in a row in some cities it won't push up interest. You can 10 popular players it doesn't matter as over the year it always returns to where it started.

But normal cities like say Pit. You win a couple WS and sign some players your fan interest will be pegged at 90+. Oakland you could win for 10 years and it will be in the high 40s still.
i played oakland last year in 18 and i believe i had a top 10 with them too. that was a 40+ year save though so that may have to do with it
Old 02-28-2019, 07:42 PM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

well, if kraft is any example... 'pros' and blow.

you can see the total profit over time on the history index for any particular team. anything above max cash on hand, you know the owner is taking from the total you see each year... you can guesstimate how much is paid out by multiplying years by max cash on hand, and deducted from cumulative profit listed on that page.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 08:24 PM   #12
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallewalls View Post
i played oakland last year in 18 and i believe i had a top 10 with them too. that was a 40+ year save though so that may have to do with it

In OOTP 18 or OOTP 19? The 18 I wasn't sure if you mean the game 18 or the starting year 18.

But OOTP 18 and OOTP 19 played completely different when it came to cities and market size and fans. Not sure why. I know my Oakland series I documented for 5 years for the discussion. Winning the WS my interest never rose out of the 40s and the next year my budget was slashed by like 15 million.

You can search the old forum posts from spring/summer with people complaining about certain cities that just never had any fan interest no matter what. While other cities interest grew just being in a playoff hunt and stayed relatively high.

Now I don't expect every city to play the same. But if we are giving 3 interactions with the AI market size, fan interest, and fan loyalty those 3 things should give us some kind of idea how a certain city should play out. Based on those 3 items Pitt and Oakland should in fact play pretty similar but in reality couldn't have played differently.

If not that when we need more categories from the engine so we as players know what needs to be done to improve a city.

Last edited by jimmysthebestcop; 02-28-2019 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:26 PM   #13
tejdog1
All Star Starter

To pay off Irving Picard
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:00 PM   #14
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
To pay off Irving Picard
How about Bobby bonilla and Brett saberhagen they get paid for years n years still lol
Old 03-01-2019, 01:51 PM   #15
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
In OOTP 18 or OOTP 19? The 18 I wasn't sure if you mean the game 18 or the starting year 18.

But OOTP 18 and OOTP 19 played completely different when it came to cities and market size and fans. Not sure why. I know my Oakland series I documented for 5 years for the discussion. Winning the WS my interest never rose out of the 40s and the next year my budget was slashed by like 15 million.

You can search the old forum posts from spring/summer with people complaining about certain cities that just never had any fan interest no matter what. While other cities interest grew just being in a playoff hunt and stayed relatively high.

Now I don't expect every city to play the same. But if we are giving 3 interactions with the AI market size, fan interest, and fan loyalty those 3 things should give us some kind of idea how a certain city should play out. Based on those 3 items Pitt and Oakland should in fact play pretty similar but in reality couldn't have played differently.

If not that when we need more categories from the engine so we as players know what needs to be done to improve a city.
I played as Oakland in OOTP 18. I dont have the game save available as I switched computers recently so I cant look it up. It was a 40+ year long save. We won the World Series at least 8 times in that span, probably more but I cant remember the exact count. I can remember that we've had payrolls in the 180 million+ range. Heck, even ten years in or so we were above average I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: Was able to look it up. In 2031 after two World Series wins, payroll was $152,813,821 with $12 million balance. In 2047 we were at $181,786,743 with a balance barely above zero. In the last year I played on 18 (2061 in game) before I imported to OOTP 19 our payroll was $178,623,268 with a $2 million balance, good enough for 9th in baseball. Since I imported into ootp 19, I know we have gone higher than that, but I dont have the OOTP 19 save on my computer.

Last edited by wallewalls; 03-01-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:58 PM   #16
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

if you maximize gate/season ticket revenues, you can reach at least 150M with a zero market size. eyeballing this, but i bet it's even higher.

adjust season ticket price until you maximize average price at end of year -- start at a price that equates to ~1/3rd of attendance as a good starting point. keep increasing if you get a higher average price as you go...
increase gate price as you progress through regular season. (consistency here is required for learning the first part, but you could messily learn both as you go, but takes longer to decipher)

or, use soem calculus to determine max money relative to the independent factors invovled. may need some data points, first.

you'll be able to charge even more after ~3-5 years of good teams.

Last edited by NoOne; 03-01-2019 at 05:01 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:43 PM   #17
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

I would say use a fresh OOTP 19 file.

After winning ws my interest dropped and money cut.

Think it was missed playoffs 1st year. Then 6 years of playoffs with 2 ws wins. Interest was still at 45 only.

Was never able to change ticket prices cause interest was so low attendance would tank.

I remember people having same problems with at least Detroit. OOTP 18 didn't have the issue.

Was discussed a lot in early season when it was fresh. I haven't looked up.a save or new game since Sept.