Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-21-2018, 03:15 AM   #21
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
I posted my specs on the Steam discussion board and detailed the problems I was having----the response I got follows absolutely NOTHING !!!
We are working on this.

We're not going to be able to reply with a response that will fix everything at the snap of our fingers. But the information you and the other folks provide is quite useful in our tracking the problem down.

When we have something that might work for you and anyone else with this issue to try we will post it on the boards, as we've done before.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-21-2018 at 04:00 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:46 AM   #22
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Something that might help.

If you are having lagging issues still, please open the game and go to (settings -> semi transparent background -> and make sure that is disabled)

If the background is enabled, it can take a lot of time and processing power and especially on slower computers will definitely slow things down noticeably.

Now it's worth noting, that this is likely not the specific issue that caused the build 64 problems, we're still working on that, but it is something that will speed up the game for all users and hopefully will significantly cut down on the lag for those of you who are having lagging and have the background turned on.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-21-2018 at 06:21 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:33 AM   #23
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBeachBum View Post
C'mon, y'all, Clay Dreslough had to find something to do with his life after Wiki barred him from editing Tom Tango's page.
I don't see Clay anywhere in the edit history. Am I overlooking something?
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #24
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

Disabling the semi transparent background has made a noticeable improvement in the delays on the main roster screens, down to 1 second or maybe a hair more from 2 or 3.
BrettC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #25
mars001
All Star Reserve

Wow. I didn't really think I was having any perf problems, but disabling the transparent backgrounds makes switching in these screens much snappier. It doesn't look too bad either.
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:46 AM   #26
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettC View Post
Disabling the semi transparent background has made a noticeable improvement in the delays on the main roster screens, down to 1 second or maybe a hair more from 2 or 3.
Cool!

That is probably as good as it's likely to get unless you have a super-powerful system since the game needs a bit of time to redraw between screens.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:47 AM   #27
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars001 View Post
Wow. I didn't really think I was having any perf problems, but disabling the transparent backgrounds makes switching in these screens much snappier. It doesn't look too bad either.
Yeah, we're going to remove them for everyone next patch, as they weren't really adding a lot and as implemented they can definitely drag down the performance.

EDIT: My mistake. Actually we're not removing these, just removing the blurring behind them. See Markus' post below.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-22-2018 at 06:12 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #28
NCBeachBum
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
I don't see Clay anywhere in the edit history. Am I overlooking something?
Ah, that was a joke. He kept loudly screaming he'd invented FIP and Tom Tango wasn't a real person, and editing Tango's page to that effect, until they barred him from edits, but it was probably a decade ago.

Edit: you know, on second thought, I think it was the FIP page he kept editing, to remove all mention of Tango, rather than Tango's page.
Shame, shame on you

Last edited by NCBeachBum; 08-21-2018 at 11:33 AM.
NCBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:02 PM   #29
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Yeah, we're going to remove them for everyone next patch, as they weren't really adding a lot and as implemented they can definitely drag down the performance.
Wow, seriously? I am sorry for that. The plain background doesn't look nearly as good, at least with the dark skin. I hope you will re-consider removing them and instead just make them off by default.

Edit: I was experimenting with the feature disabled, and I noticed several screens where the semi-transparent background is enabled anyway. Specifically, the dialog box on the trade screen and the attendance chart on the front office. Maybe removing the feature altogether fixes this? If so, maybe it is better gone.

Last edited by Orcin; 08-21-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:57 PM   #30
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well that's really disappointing
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:06 PM   #31
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Please don't unless you lighten up the background somewhat. My darker logos don't show up at all with the plain black background.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:24 PM   #32
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The semi-transparent option needs to remain an option. The backgrounds showing through are too cool in many screens, specifically on the manager home screen. Please. Ensure this stays an option that can be enabled.

Last edited by endgame; 08-22-2018 at 02:14 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:28 AM   #33
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Wow, seriously? I am sorry for that. The plain background doesn't look nearly as good, at least with the dark skin. I hope you will re-consider removing them and instead just make them off by default.

Edit: I was experimenting with the feature disabled, and I noticed several screens where the semi-transparent background is enabled anyway. Specifically, the dialog box on the trade screen and the attendance chart on the front office. Maybe removing the feature altogether fixes this? If so, maybe it is better gone.
No, we are NOT removing the semi transparency backgrounds. We will remove the blurring behind them (which was not very apparent anyway), that was what slowed things down on all systems a bit, and a lot on a few systems.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:33 AM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

OK, here's an update on the progress on finding out what causes the slowdown (at the moment it's about 10-15 people who we are in contact with who have that, and our new AMD test PC exhibits the same behavior when installing build 64):

This is a very very tricky issue. So far we were not able to identify the problem because whenever we try to run debugging tools on the faulty version, the problem goes away. It is the worst kind of problem for a developer, and it is a **** job and a very tedious task to narrow down the reason. So far, no luck. But, we keep on trying!

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 08-22-2018 at 05:58 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:39 AM   #35
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Okay, question for you guys. My desktop is old enough that I have every version of OOTP on it going back to OOTP12. It has a AMD Athlon(spelling?) processor. As best I can tell it has a ATI Radeon 4200HD video card. If I search AMD's site under that particular video card the only available updates are from 2013. Does this mean, my card is simply too outdated and no longer being updated. I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 08:41 AM   #36
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Does this mean, my card is simply too outdated and no longer being updated.
Yes, that's exactly what it means unfortunately.

From the AMD site:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMD
ATI Radeon™ HD 4000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics reached peak performance optimization in October, 2013.

No additional driver releases are planned for these products.

The last operating system supported using the AMD drivers was Microsoft Windows® 8 with the AMD Catalyst 13.1 driver package, which can be downloaded from the AMD Driver page : http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
"reached peak performance optimization" is corporate speak for "this product is no longer being supported or updated".

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-22-2018 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:45 AM   #37
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what it means unfortunately.

From the AMD site:
Well that's that. At least I can stop banging my head against the wall. Thanks for the quick response.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 09:16 PM   #38
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Something that might help.

If you are having lagging issues still, please open the game and go to (settings -> semi transparent background -> and make sure that is disabled)

If the background is enabled, it can take a lot of time and processing power and especially on slower computers will definitely slow things down noticeably.

Now it's worth noting, that this is likely not the specific issue that caused the build 64 problems, we're still working on that, but it is something that will speed up the game for all users and hopefully will significantly cut down on the lag for those of you who are having lagging and have the background turned on.
Anybody willing to post a screen print or two to demonstrate what a semi-transparent background looks like? I haven't a clue and when I checked my game, the setting was off but I saw no difference when I turned it on.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:33 PM   #39
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

1. Enabled (or Yes) - note that you can see the grass cutting pattern from the field under the financial info

Name:  background1.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  37.1 KB

2. Disabled (or No) - now the background is opaque and you cannot see the grass pattern except below the box

Name:  background2.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  36.5 KB

These images are taken with the dark skin. They may be less obvious with other skins and that could explain why you don't see much change.

Last edited by Orcin; 08-23-2018 at 12:01 AM. Reason: more info
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 11:51 PM   #40
Johnny Case
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
1. Enabled (or Yes) - note that you can see the grass cutting pattern from the field under the financial info

Attachment 575977

2. Disabled (or No) - now the background is opaque and you cannot see the grass pattern except below the box

Attachment 575978

These images are taken with the dark skin. They make be less obvious with other skins and that could explain why you don't see much change.
Thanks! Disabled looks much better.
Johnny Case is offline   Reply With Quote