Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 11:00 PM   #121
Kobie
Minors (Triple A)

I have an NVIDIA card and I'm getting some mild delays during gameplay and some serious delays when doing lineup changes mid-game.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:38 PM   #122
hefalumps
All Star Starter

You know, this may be nothing, but Kobie's post made me notice something.

I have yet to install the latest patch, but even on 19.7, I too have noticed unusual delays when moving people around in the in-game lineup/substitution screen. But I only notice the delays when I'm on battery. When my laptop is plugged in, everything seems pretty smooth. But when I'm on battery, I notice a delay of at least 2-3 seconds each time I make a change in the in-game lineup screen (where you're playing your game out). I don't recall having any other noticeable delays in game play while on battery, but the entire interface is definitely "snappier" when plugged in.

My rig is an Intel i7-6700HQ with both an Intel HD Graphics 530 video processor and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M. I'm not sure if it uses one while on power and the other on battery - maybe that's the reason for the differences I'm seeing in delays.

My reason for posting this is not to sidetrack the focus on the main problem at hand with the AMD folks, but to simply point out that some of these reported delays were present before this patch - this patch just seemed to exacerbate them.

Good luck OOTP dev team tracking this one down!
Old 08-15-2018, 11:43 PM   #123
chriskelly
All Star Reserve

exact same thing has been happening to me, pre update....when on battery, it's full of delays. took me a while to figure out that was what was doing it
Old 08-15-2018, 11:53 PM   #124
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

Mine does it well plugged in so not sure that's anything to do with this issue anyway.

I'm an AMD though.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:06 AM   #125
hillm2ca
Minors (Triple A)

Hopefully, it gets fixed soon. I've had a few crashes, especially when clicking on a players name to view their profile while playing out a game. The delay doesn't bother me too much, just the occasional crash.

Last edited by hillm2ca; 08-16-2018 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:26 AM   #126
TPinrose
Minors (Double A)

2-3 second delays when changing screens, including clicking on emails.

Windows 10
AMD FX-4300 3.8
8gig RAM
AMD r7 370

EDIT: Also had a crash when I updated an online league- it updates and then crashes. When you reload the league has updated. But this has been happening randomly for online leaguers for a couple versions now so may not be part of the issue.

Last edited by TPinrose; 08-16-2018 at 12:30 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:27 AM   #127
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

My computer specs below (AMD). Online league and applied the patch tonight (had no real option despite current issues with he patch because Steam GMs had already been updated).

Opened league no problem after the patch. Loaded exports and went to process trades and set to 'act as' one of the teams and clicked on "Make a trade" in the commissioners portal and have the spinning icon and 'not responding' for 10+ minutes at this point. The 'Not responding' goes away but the spinning icon does not. If I click on the game the 'not responding comes back'

Looking at 'task manager' while game is hanging and see 29.2% CPU usage for OOTP and 1,108MB (system has 8G). See below for screen shot of task manager.

I've let the game run while writing this post and the game continues to be hung/not responding.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 08-16-2018, 12:51 AM   #128
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Something very interesting.

Waited 30 minutes the killed process and restarted game.

Tried moving around team screens and getting 4-6 seconds delay like others are reporting.

Now the Interesting part:

I'm logged in a Commissioner and do NOT control a team. I switch to the commissioner central and click on 'make a trade' and go immediately to the next screen (though trade interface not there because I don't control/act as a team)

Set then I go back to Commissioner Central, set 'act as' a team and click make a trade and........hanging as above for about 10 seconds then finally opens the trade interface.

So seems there was a difference here when I was/was not acting as a team.

Also, I have a second computer with the same league on it but that computer happens to be Intel (not AMD) and I am NOT seeing the same issues.

So confirms, at least to me, that it is an AMD issue.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:04 AM   #129
rink23
Hall Of Famer

Just gave OOTP a shot after taking more than an hour to slog through a game last night.
Could not get past the lineup screen before continued "not responding" messages forced me to abandon ship.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:13 AM   #130
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Sorry folks, this is as frustrating for you as it is for us. We are working hard to find the root cause of this problem, but so far everything we have tried has not worked. But, we are doing everything in our power to fix this as soon as possible. We'll keep you posted...
Old 08-16-2018, 03:27 AM   #131
rink23
Hall Of Famer

Keep at it guys, we know you'll figure it out. We appreciate the hard work.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:21 AM   #132
Andreas Raht
Administrator

We made another build for testing. If you're tech-savvy, please backup your ootp19.exe, replace it with the one in this zip-file and test it. Make sure the program shows build number #67 on the main screen and let us know if it still has the performance problems.

This is only for the eSellerate version of the game!

http://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.com...otp19_8_67.zip
In this build we disabled several online features (Challenge mode)

Also try this: in the Settings dialog, on the "3D & Facegen" tab, set "Max frames per second" to "No limitation". Does that help?

Thank you!

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 08-16-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:00 AM   #133
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Amazing ??? Actually I've been on the forum since 2004 but have purchased every OOTP ever released. But back to amazing----since the very first attempt by these amazing guys to use Facegen there has been recurring problems with real pictures, they suddenly are replaced by facegens, they suddenly change, they suddenly disappear and are replaced by default pictures and on and on. I have posted and emailed numerous times about these problems and have to date NEVER received a response----so NO I cannot answer my own question. I but games to play them NOT to be a blind fanboy !
I'm really sorry we missed your posts asking about this in the past We try really hard to see and respond to as many posts as possible, but given that there are hundreds of thousands of posts made here, we just don't get to see all of them, much less reply to all, however hard we try. It would be a full-time job for a couple people.

I can help you with this now though.

There are a couple ways to ensure only real pictures show up in the game. The first and easiest way is just to turn off facegen entirely.

So open the game and on the start screen, go to 'settings'.

From there, click on the button that says '3d and FaceGen'. On that screen where it says 'FaceGen (*)' select 'disabled'. Then where it says 'Picture Search Mode' select the option 'Search for photo first'.

That will turn the facegen program off and the game should only load photos.

If you want to keep facegen active though, another way to do this is to just skip right down to where it says 'Picture Search Mode' select the option 'Search for photo first'.

Then, if you don't want the facegens to show up, you can delete them from the folder they're stored in. To do that go to 'settings' > 'troubleshooting' > 'open folder containing customizable data'. In the folder that will open, delete everything from the folder called 'fg_files'. To eliminate the faces from any games in progress as well, open the saved game folder you want to edit. Then go to news > html > images and delete any facegen pics in the person_pictures and profile_pictures folders.

At that point you should be good to play without the facegens showing up at all (you'll just have to make sure to delete them from the fg_files folder any time you install a new patch as the game will reinstall them). If that doesn't happen, please feel free to send me a PM or email and I'll try to do my best to help further.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Old 08-16-2018, 08:17 AM   #134
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Did anybody try this already? Please give me feedback

Also try this: in the Settings dialog, on the "3D & Facegen" tab, set "Max frames per second" to "No limitation". Does that help?

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
We made another build for testing. If you're tech-savvy, please backup your ootp19.exe, replace it with the one in this zip-file and test it. Make sure the program shows build number #67 on the main screen and let us know if it still has the performance problems.

Thank you!
Old 08-16-2018, 08:20 AM   #135
Johnny Case
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

Thank you!
Tried the switch. Now I cannot even get the Play Games from Schedule screen to open up.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:33 AM   #136
so49as
Major Leagues

Quote:

Thank you!
My rough counting estimate had this about 25% faster. (One thousand one... one thous...) to switch between screens.

I tried three games. Swapping players into the lineup and changing positions took about 7 seconds for each move. The first I played about 4 innings and then quick simmed to the end. It took over 30 seconds to get to the boxscore.

Game 2 I played a half inning and quick simmed to the end. It took about 5 seconds to get to the boxscore.

Additionally, I noticed that the batter's bat is jiggling like they're over caffeinated. I didn't notice this with previous builds.

Game 3 the game hung while getting to the opening substitutions screen below. Memory usage was about 1400mb; CPU usage was between 19 and 20%
Attached Images

Last edited by so49as; 08-16-2018 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:34 AM   #137
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Case View Post
Tried the switch. Now I cannot even get the Play Games from Schedule screen to open up.
Ok, thanks!

From reviewing things, I'm wondering if your issues might be different from the majority of the guys here, as you're on an Intel.

Are you having the general slowness that's been reported here, or is it mostly just crashing occasionally in-game for you?

Also, with the in-game crash, or the crash when hitting play ball, is that in a modded historical park?

What happens if you try to play a game in a modern league in one of the default parks? Same thing or different?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Old 08-16-2018, 08:43 AM   #138
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by so49as View Post
My rough counting estimate had this about 25% faster. (One thousand one... one thous...) to switch between screens.

I tried three games. Swapping players into the lineup and changing positions took about 7 seconds for each move. The first I played about 4 innings and then quick simmed to the end. It took over 30 seconds to get to the boxscore.

Game 2 I played a half inning and quick simmed to the end. It took about 5 seconds to get to the boxscore.

Additionally, I noticed that the batter's bat is jiggling like they're over caffeinated. I didn't notice this with previous builds.

Game 3 the game hung while getting to the opening substitutions screen below. Memory usage was about 1400mb; CPU usage was between 19 and 20%
OK, so build 67 does not help... build 68 is on the way! What's your system config?
Old 08-16-2018, 08:44 AM   #139
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Sorry, wrong exe uploaded...

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 08-16-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:45 AM   #140
Andreas Raht
Administrator

so49as, could you please also upload a debug trace (see Settings dialog, Troubleshooting tab)?
Closed Thread