Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 09-21-2017, 11:27 PM   #1
CMak
Bat Boy

How much Unprecedent Customization?

The info on FHM 4 has a section on Unprecedented Customization, but doesn't have a ton of details. I'm a weirdo (I do not dispute it), and what I like to do is create fictional worlds and custom fictional leagues that start with a fantasy style draft of real world players and go from there.

I've tried the spreadsheet method for previous versions of OOTP and FHM, and aside from it being a serious and time-consuming pain, it never actually worked right for me. I would LOVE beyond words if this could be done within the game itself.

So what I'm wondering is, will be a way now to create fictional worlds and fictional custom leagues within the game without having to use a spreadsheet?

--Chris
CMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:43 PM   #2
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Can teams move to other leagues?

Can the schedule be edited?

What's the max number of expansion teams(overall,not for one season)?

Can players be cloned?

Can fictional leagues be in the real NHL world and vice-a-versa?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:21 AM   #3
JeffR
FHM Producer

The biggest change is the addition of flexible league structures and playoff systems - in addition to the pre-set structures, you can now choose (with some limitations) the number of conferences/divisions in your league, its schedule length, number of teams, and playoff format.

Real players are still only available with the NHL-format league right now. We may be able to expand that a little to include leagues of similar size, but using the real NHL player pool with much bigger or smaller leagues causes some major issues with finances and roster management. (You can, however, still edit the league and team names, locations, etc. into something totally different after the initial setup.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:43 AM   #4
keroppichoppi
Minors (Single A)

Will we be able restructure our league after expansion?
keroppichoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 03:01 AM   #5
CMak
Bat Boy

Thanks for the reply, Jeff.

So I can start with the actual NHL and rename the league, the divisions, the teams, city names, etc. That's cool. If I want my newly renamed league to be less diluted and have fewer teams, what's the fewest number of teams I can have in my league and still use the NHL players?

--Chris
Old 09-22-2017, 04:07 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMak View Post
Thanks for the reply, Jeff.

So I can start with the actual NHL and rename the league, the divisions, the teams, city names, etc. That's cool. If I want my newly renamed league to be less diluted and have fewer teams, what's the fewest number of teams I can have in my league and still use the NHL players?

--Chris
Right now it's 31. I'm not sure how much farther we'll be able to allow, I'm guessing we might be able to do it for about 3-4 more/less teams without serious issues.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:45 PM   #7
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Can we edit the injury settings? Someone like me prefer the challenge of dealing with injuries in a long term save...
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:45 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Can we edit the injury settings? Someone like me prefer the challenge of dealing with injuries in a long term save...
There's an on/off option for injuries, but their frequency (while turned on) can't be adjusted.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:54 PM   #9
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
There's an on/off option for injuries, but their frequency (while turned on) can't be adjusted.
is that something that could be implemented in the future?
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 08:06 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
is that something that could be implemented in the future?
Possibly, but it's become a little more complicated with last year's changes to the injury system - there isn't a single setting that would vary the frequency of all injuries, across-the-board. What we might have to do is adjust the injury data itself, and have a frequency setting that chose from a few different data sets.
Old 09-23-2017, 03:47 AM   #11
CMak
Bat Boy

I would go for being able to run with a 28-team league of NHLers.

Can you make a league with fewer teams and populate with fictional players?

Thanks for taking the time to answer all these questions, Jeff. I really appreciate it.

--Chris
Old 09-25-2017, 10:43 PM   #12
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:

Real players are still only available with the NHL-format league right now. We may be able to expand that a little to include leagues of similar size, but using the real NHL player pool with much bigger or smaller leagues causes some major issues with finances and roster management. (You can, however, still edit the league and team names, locations, etc. into something totally different after the initial setup.)
Is it possible to start an NHL Season in 1992/1993 to have historical players but not have the league expand?
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:12 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantYankee View Post
Is it possible to start an NHL Season in 1992/1993 to have historical players but not have the league expand?
No, historical play is limited to the actual historical size and format of the league in each season. With the improvements in the schedule generator, we're getting closer to being able to allow variations in historical league formats, but we're not quite at that stage yet.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:34 AM   #14
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Quote:
No, historical play is limited to the actual historical size and format of the league in each season. With the improvements in the schedule generator, we're getting closer to being able to allow variations in historical league formats, but we're not quite at that stage yet.
Sounds good. Thanks.
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:12 AM   #15
danny111
Bat Boy

Will be there something like editor?
danny111 is offline   Reply With Quote